Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has just posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers the stadium updates.

Quote:
"Hey guys, Adam Thompson here to bring you this week’s NCAA Football 10 update blog. This week we’ll take a look at the new stadium additions and renovations for this year."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Solidice @ 04/17/09 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Generic Stadiums: 2010

San Jose State
Rice
Miami, OH
Minnesota
Western Kentucky
Kent State

PetroSun Independence Bowl - Shrevport, LA
GMAC Bowl - Mobile, AL
International Bowl - Toronto, Canada
Emerald Bowl - San Francisco, CA
thats what I have right now. plus add St. Petersburg Bowl - St. Petersburg, Florida and EagleBank Bowl - Washington D.C.

they were both new bowl games last year and I'm guessing still will be.

even though Rice's stadium is generic(so far) it actually looks similar to the generic one they have for it.

# 42 sportzbro @ 04/17/09 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
thats what I have right now. plus add St. Petersburg Bowl - St. Petersburg, Florida and EagleBank Bowl - Washington D.C.

they were both new bowl games last year and I'm guessing still will be.

even though Rice's stadium is generic(so far) it actually looks similar to the generic one they have for it.
Yea I forgot about the new bowls..I'm guessing both will be in generic stadiums. Generic dome for St. Pete's & generic bowl for EagleBank would be fine.

I just looked up Rice's, and yes its really close whats in 09.

So that would make approximately 12 total generics if you include the new bowls...I can see them all making it in for 2011.

# 43 sportzbro @ 04/17/09 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus205
Just like the OU player with his back turned as to not show that the Revo Speed helmets are in yet.
I bet these aren't getting in 10.

# 44 __Ry__ @ 04/17/09 04:43 AM
What a joke. 4 years into it and not all stadiums are authentic.

# 45 coogrfan @ 04/17/09 07:38 AM
So...no updated scoreboard for Houston?

I know we're small potatoes, but the current in-game version was replaced with a bigger one in Aug. 2006.

Having said that the stuff they did show looked great, as always.

# 46 Jistic @ 04/17/09 09:03 AM
That's great and all, but for years EA has been pushing how great their stadiums are while they have issues like broken sliders. At the end of the day, I would play every game in a generic stadium if the game played great. I just don't understand the continued focus on stadiums and hand warmers when you have a billion other things to work on.

# 47 boxtrev @ 04/17/09 09:25 AM
Wow...worst update ever! We waited an extra 8-9 hours for this!? An entire update about stadium art? Seriously? Who do they think wants to hear about this? Might as well have been an entire update on face paint art for the players.

# 48 coogrfan @ 04/17/09 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
An entire update about stadium art? Seriously? Who do they think wants to hear about this?
The fans of the schools whose stadiums got added and/or updated?

Last year EA showed the big stuff early, and was left with nothing but uni's and the like to discuss as release date neared. It looks like they're going to try the opposite approach this time around in an attempt to create more buzz come July.

# 49 Exonerated @ 04/17/09 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
Another lackluster NCAA blog. What a surprise! lol
Dw. Madden blog Monday

# 50 Computalover @ 04/17/09 09:58 AM
seems they totally forgot the University of Maryland's Byrd Stadium Expansion in the game. New Luxury Boxes and scoreboard and the name i think is Chevy Bank field @ Byrd Stadium.. (choke.. gasp) sound ridiculous.. but what can ya do?

http://www.greatexpectationsathletics.com/

# 51 kindella2 @ 04/17/09 10:11 AM
i liked the blog. its something else that people have been asking for. Just like pursuit angles, field goal nets, bowl patches, end zone art and adaptive AI so while i know everyone hates this its all part of the process.

# 52 nightcreeper @ 04/17/09 10:17 AM
alright now were getting somewhere.... i love stadium details!

# 53 mjussawalla @ 04/17/09 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
Good Job failing to update Rutgers stadium.
I thought they cancelled much of the upgrades due to the economic situation.

Also, if it is not complete then they won't put it in.

# 54 asu666 @ 04/17/09 10:23 AM
Wow! I can't believe they still aren't going to have all the stadiums in the game. I like to start my Dynasty at San Jose State since it's a low rated program and the birth place of the West Coast offense. Nothing kills the experience more than playing in a generic home stadium.

# 55 mjussawalla @ 04/17/09 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Yea I forgot about the new bowls..I'm guessing both will be in generic stadiums. Generic dome for St. Pete's & generic bowl for EagleBank would be fine.

I just looked up Rice's, and yes its really close whats in 09.

So that would make approximately 12 total generics if you include the new bowls...I can see them all making it in for 2011.
Not at this pace. They only added 9 this year. Arguably the ones they added are easier to add because of the size of the stadium (i.e. Penden Stadium for Ohio has fewer intracate parts than lets say Rogers Centre with its latice domed roof).

I have no belief that they will put more resources to stadiums next year. So at best, we'll have to wait 2 more years to ensure there are no generic stadia.

# 56 countryboy @ 04/17/09 10:29 AM
PJCS got its updated LED scoreboard. I'm excited.

# 57 CarryTheWeight @ 04/17/09 10:32 AM
UB STADIUM! Thank you, OMT and EA, for showing love for your friends up in the chilly northern confines of Western New York.

The only minor quirk is that the team had to tarp off the scoreboard-side endzone seats but if we ever attract a big team, I have a feeling those seats will probably look like the ones in-game. Nice stuff though.

# 58 OMT @ 04/17/09 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
I guess UL Lafayettes Stadium didnt get the new turf, or the stadium paint in 10, LAME.

Plus no new LSU video screen...
Whoops. Yeah, we got the LSU video board in. It just wasn't scheduled so I didn't have it on my list.

As far as the field art, our stadiums and fields are completely seperate entities so this blog didn't mention any field art updates. We got the new field for UL Lafayette in.

# 59 OMT @ 04/17/09 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I'm sure it take a long time to do them, especially in HD. last-gen, I think it took them up to NCAA 05 before they got all the D-1A stadiums in.
Yeah, it takes 260 man hours make a stadium .

# 60 countryboy @ 04/17/09 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, it takes 260 man hours make a stadium .
Holy ____!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.