Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has just posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers the stadium updates.

Quote:
"Hey guys, Adam Thompson here to bring you this week’s NCAA Football 10 update blog. This week we’ll take a look at the new stadium additions and renovations for this year."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 OMT @ 04/17/09 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
some bowl games are in college stadiums(like the Sun Bowl is played in UTEP stadium, etc...). I don't know if they are saved as different files on the disc and counted as a separate stadium or just use some sort of art swap for the bowl games.

and the blog said over 150, so who know exactly how many there are.
Right. We use the same model and textures, but we swap out the field and replace the team logos with bowl logos throughout the stadium. It is a seperate file on the disk... I got the 150 number by looking at all the stadium files and seeing how many their were.

# 62 sinc79 @ 04/17/09 11:05 AM
I think OMT has said in the past they wouldn't be able to do Minnesota's stadium till it was actually finished (unsure if it's done now or not).
----------------------------------------
So, they cant make an art rendering from another art rendering?

http://stadium.gophersports.com/

# 63 OMT @ 04/17/09 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Yea I forgot about the new bowls..I'm guessing both will be in generic stadiums. Generic dome for St. Pete's & generic bowl for EagleBank would be fine.

I just looked up Rice's, and yes its really close whats in 09.

So that would make approximately 12 total generics if you include the new bowls...I can see them all making it in for 2011.
I wanted to get them all in, but it wasn't to be. San Jose State is getting a new stadium, that's why we didn't do them. Also I believe Western Kentucky is about to do a big renovation, so I'm waiting on that. Isn't Rice doing a big renovation, or did they already do that?

# 64 OMT @ 04/17/09 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
I thought they cancelled much of the upgrades due to the economic situation.

Also, if it is not complete then they won't put it in.
Yeah, that's what I heard. Last I saw it wasn't completed.

# 65 OMT @ 04/17/09 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
OMT what about FSU stadium some things look off, like the color of the crowd, the tarp thingy and the color of the game n play clock.
The crowd color is based off the team palette, so it uses the official FSU colors. The lighting of the stadium will effect the shades of the crowd.

I'm not sure what you guys were talking about with a tarp and the color of the game clock. Can you be more detailed?

# 66 jdrhammer @ 04/17/09 11:35 AM
OMT, any chance we'll see pics of the Ole Miss & Miss. State updated scoreboards/stadiums? No big deal if not, but you gotta understand the letdown when I saw them at the bottom of the list with no pics. lol. I was devastated. lol.

# 67 Hokie20 @ 04/17/09 11:49 AM
OK, team entrance was hinted with your Carter-Finley tidbit. Can I assume team entrances are finally back?

# 68 guitar4468 @ 04/17/09 11:51 AM
OMT I saw they had FSU's new scoreboard, but what about the new end zones?

Thanks in advance.

# 69 mjussawalla @ 04/17/09 12:02 PM
OMT, I understand you tried but couldn't get all the stadiums in.

2 Questions.

1) Is it possible to do a generic dome for Rogers Centre/Tropicana Field?
2) Is there a specific reason (i.e. licensing) that the MLB stadiums aren't in? (this would be Rogers Centre, Tropicana Field, AT&T Park)

Thanks,

# 70 Maximus205 @ 04/17/09 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
The crowd color is based off the team palette, so it uses the official FSU colors. The lighting of the stadium will effect the shades of the crowd.

I'm not sure what you guys were talking about with a tarp and the color of the game clock. Can you be more detailed?
under the video screen there is a black tarp covering how many acc and natl chip FSU has. In the real pic its white.
New screen:
http://insideblog.easports.com/cfs-f...F00_ea/FSU.jpg
Real pic:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3071/...c652b2.jpg?v=0

# 71 green94 @ 04/17/09 12:11 PM
Everyone realizes that these guys aren't contractually obligated to release blogs every week correct? Be happy for what we are getting, thanks OMT.

# 72 OMT @ 04/17/09 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
OMT, any chance we'll see pics of the Ole Miss & Miss. State updated scoreboards/stadiums? No big deal if not, but you gotta understand the letdown when I saw them at the bottom of the list with no pics. lol. I was devastated. lol.
I'm trying to get a screenshot from the art director of the Ole Miss player entrance for you guys in the stadium thread... maybe he can get the scoreboards too. I'm only allowed to post screenshots he takes.

# 73 OMT @ 04/17/09 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
OMT, I understand you tried but couldn't get all the stadiums in.

2 Questions.

1) Is it possible to do a generic dome for Rogers Centre/Tropicana Field?
2) Is there a specific reason (i.e. licensing) that the MLB stadiums aren't in? (this would be Rogers Centre, Tropicana Field, AT&T Park)

Thanks,
1) Tried to get a generic dome since 07. But it has always been a generic dome versus another authentic stadium. We decided we'd rather have an authentic team stadium instead of a generic dome for low profile bowl games.

2) Yes, that is exactly why we don't have authentic stadiums for baseball fields. They are generic on PS2 as well. I don't believe we will ever have authentic baseball stadiums for the bowl games that use them... but you never know.

# 74 moylan1234 @ 04/17/09 12:35 PM
any chance we'll get info about teambuilder before the draft?

# 75 dhs22p @ 04/17/09 12:37 PM
I think Florida International got a new stadium this last year. I take OMT that it is not in the game? Its good to hear that Lafayette will have turf in the game.

# 76 mizzOUstu702 @ 04/17/09 12:43 PM
I saw that they added the Alamodome, but I was just curious if the new Cowboys Stadium would be in the game, as that's where the Big 12 Championship is going to be the next two years (2009 and 2010). After that, it probably goes back up North to Arrowhead, and alternates from year to year, North to South.

Also, the new Cowboys Stadium is the neutral site for OU-BYU and Texas A&M-Arkansas...

# 77 dhs22p @ 04/17/09 12:48 PM
Since they added the Alamo Dome they might as well put Dome bowl games in the Alamo Dome.

# 78 CLEAR17 @ 04/17/09 12:56 PM
The vids were pointless. I wanted to see the updates on Texas and Nebraska's stadiums

# 79 jdrhammer @ 04/17/09 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I'm trying to get a screenshot from the art director of the Ole Miss player entrance for you guys in the stadium thread... maybe he can get the scoreboards too. I'm only allowed to post screenshots he takes.
YOU THE MAN!

# 80 Maximus205 @ 04/17/09 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
Its reall Gold like fsu's pants IRL, but Thx Maximus im on my phone so I couldn't post that.
I thought the color look kinda off. No problem.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.