Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has just posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers the stadium updates.

Quote:
"Hey guys, Adam Thompson here to bring you this week’s NCAA Football 10 update blog. This week we’ll take a look at the new stadium additions and renovations for this year."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 LionsFanNJ @ 04/17/09 01:28 PM
Well that answers my question in the other thread whether RU's upgrades are in this year. Oh well. '11 it is.

# 82 ReservoirDog76 @ 04/17/09 01:37 PM
Rutgers stadium will be complete by opening day. Idk where everyone got the info that they just flat out stopped.

http://www.scarletknights.com/stadium/photo08-650.html

You can see in the first gallery how it looks.

# 83 Trakan31 @ 04/17/09 01:48 PM
Well i beleive the stadiums will be great! If they could bring in pregame analysis and team specific entrances along with half time show and post game! It'd be unbeleivable

# 84 mjussawalla @ 04/17/09 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
1) Tried to get a generic dome since 07. But it has always been a generic dome versus another authentic stadium. We decided we'd rather have an authentic team stadium instead of a generic dome for low profile bowl games.

2) Yes, that is exactly why we don't have authentic stadiums for baseball fields. They are generic on PS2 as well. I don't believe we will ever have authentic baseball stadiums for the bowl games that use them... but you never know.
Thanks for your feedback.

1) Makes sense - but as someone else mentioned, you may consider using the Alamo Dome (or even the Carrier Dome) for both Rogers Centre and Trop field (with the field art different of course) That may be time effective and get the job done.

2) Thanks for the clarification. Is it possible (legally) to build a stadium that looks similar and call it something like (Toronto Stadium, Tampa Stadium or SF Stadium?) Also, how were we able to get Dolphin Stadium? Is it because it isn't owned by the team.

# 85 Gossennator @ 04/17/09 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Whoops. Yeah, we got the LSU video board in. It just wasn't scheduled so I didn't have it on my list.

As far as the field art, our stadiums and fields are completely seperate entities so this blog didn't mention any field art updates. We got the new field for UL Lafayette in.
Sweet, great news OMT.

# 86 Geauxldenboy @ 04/17/09 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Whoops. Yeah, we got the LSU video board in. It just wasn't scheduled so I didn't have it on my list.

As far as the field art, our stadiums and fields are completely seperate entities so this blog didn't mention any field art updates. We got the new field for UL Lafayette in.
Glad to hear that the new video board got in.

# 87 OMT @ 04/17/09 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
Thanks for your feedback.

1) Makes sense - but as someone else mentioned, you may consider using the Alamo Dome (or even the Carrier Dome) for both Rogers Centre and Trop field (with the field art different of course) That may be time effective and get the job done.

2) Thanks for the clarification. Is it possible (legally) to build a stadium that looks similar and call it something like (Toronto Stadium, Tampa Stadium or SF Stadium?) Also, how were we able to get Dolphin Stadium? Is it because it isn't owned by the team.
I'm not 100% sure. We send everything through our licensing director who tells us what we can model and what we have naming agreements on.

# 88 blLLD0 @ 04/17/09 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
The crowd color is based off the team palette, so it uses the official FSU colors. The lighting of the stadium will effect the shades of the crowd.
OMT,

Is there a formula for the crowd according to the colors in the team palette? Is it something like 85% color 1, 10% color 2, 5% away color?

If so, would it be easy to switch between color 1 and color 2? I ask because Ross-Ade Stadium's crowd is mostly gold in color on the game, when actually black should be the more dominant color.

Any insight would be great!

# 89 BDawg35 @ 04/17/09 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Considering the art team has had four years to design stadiums and they only have what 115? Not impressed
Exactly. It's really weak that EA doesn't have every stadium in the game now.

They'll add one or two more next year so fans of those teams will feel gratitude for the "new feature."

That having been said, if they're going to half-azz it, at least Central Michigan made the game, plus some other MAC teams. You can now run a MAC dyNASTY without playing in fake 70,000-seat bowls all the time.

# 90 Gossennator @ 04/17/09 02:37 PM
OMT can we get a screen of the LSU screen?

# 91 clay4607 @ 04/17/09 02:58 PM
OMT-
Does that mean Indiana University Memorial Stadium did not make it in the updates?

# 92 RW Nole @ 04/17/09 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus205
I thought the color look kinda off. No problem.
Season ticker holder at FSU for over a decade now. The tarp is gold. If you look at the EA pic, I think the dark color has to do with the lighting. It looks like the pic was taken during an evening game and shadows were covering the tarp area of the scoreboard. I'd be willing to bet they got it right once we can see it in proper lighting.

# 93 beau21 @ 04/17/09 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I'm trying to get a screenshot from the art director of the Ole Miss player entrance for you guys in the stadium thread... maybe he can get the scoreboards too. I'm only allowed to post screenshots he takes.
Am I overanalyzing this or does this mean we'll have team entrances this year?

# 94 mmorg @ 04/17/09 04:07 PM
Sure is a lot of bitching in this thread. The people from EA are doing this on their own time because they want to. People need to show more respect to these guys.

# 95 __Ry__ @ 04/17/09 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
San Jose State is getting a new stadium, that's why we didn't do them.
Are you kidding me? I swear they canceled the plans for that like 2 years ago.

Also, you might want to check on Romney Stadium. I think the Utah State and WAC logos are facing the wrong way.

# 96 __Ry__ @ 04/17/09 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Care to share if Utah's new field is in?

# 97 Lava @ 04/17/09 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Everyone realizes that these guys aren't contractually obligated to release blogs every week correct? Be happy for what we are getting, thanks OMT.
Of course we realize that. People are just getting frustrated because Madden's blogs and response to integrating the community's desires as they are expressed seems to be on another level from the NCAA team.

# 98 TWC @ 04/17/09 04:23 PM
I know this has been asked, but has FIU's stadium been updated? I saw the new logo in one of the videos, so I'm guessing the uniforms got updated, but they're playing in a newly built/renovated stadium.

# 99 Glorious Arc @ 04/17/09 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Sure is a lot of bitching in this thread. The people from EA are doing this on their own time because they want to. People need to show more respect to these guys.
It really does baffle me how grown people are acting younger then me(19). Its not hard to say something negative and not sound completely uncivilized. Sure the stadiums werent that great of a post and they could have been done better. Even for some of us, like myself, who feel they are completely worthless in the long run can still at least be civil with our opinions. There are other people in the world besides yourself and people should not be going off like a 2 year old who hasnt been changed about this post because there are some who this is important to.

Im not asking or demanding anyone post any type of way nor am I saying everyone is perfect. Im just saying grow up and be considerate of your fellow human.

# 100 kindella2 @ 04/17/09 05:06 PM
if i was EA i wouldnt release another blog...they trying to build up hype for the game and people on these forums tear the hard work down like they can do a better job with the same conditions.

and please dont say if they did that, you wouldnt buy the game...all it takes is for 20 people on this site to say how great the game is and everyone else would run to the store and buy it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.