Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has just posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers the stadium updates.

Quote:
"Hey guys, Adam Thompson here to bring you this week’s NCAA Football 10 update blog. This week we’ll take a look at the new stadium additions and renovations for this year."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Watson @ 04/18/09 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geauxldenboy
I was thinking about driving in today from Houston, but its been raining like crazy over here.

<-just cancelled

# 122 Watson @ 04/18/09 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
yet they give us animated cheerleaders.
WEWT WEWT!

# 123 Watson @ 04/18/09 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
Grass looks good to me.

but bitching about the game is the conformist thing to do

# 124 asu666 @ 04/20/09 04:05 PM
My feeling is that EA should have listened to the outrange last year about the number of generic stadia and hired a couple of more people to get all of the licensed ones in the game. I was hoping we would see all of those, plus somewhat accurate generic fields for the ones that couldn't be licensed.

The guys who do the work did a nice job on what they got finished; however there needs to be more of them if that's what it takes to get the franchise back on track. Details like stadia, refs on the field, cheerleaders that don't all look generic, teams entrances, and television style presentation should all be completed this far into the current gen. We should be at the point where everything is in and the polish and refinment are happening as the franchise moves forward. It looks like NCAA 10 is going to fall way short of expectations again this year. The bar keeps moving and EA just doesn't want to commit the resources to getting back in the game. My guess it's because they are the only game in town and the stock price isn't doing so well so corners are getting cut to save money.

# 125 AC006299 @ 04/20/09 06:46 PM
OMT,

thanks for the update, you explained why some of the stadiums we not included (SJSU, Minnesota, etc.) any reason why Yeager Stadium (Miami OH) is still not in it??? or will this be a wonderful surprise when i open the game up at 12:01 am?

# 126 yankeesgiants @ 04/20/09 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
My feeling is that EA should have listened to the outrange last year about the number of generic stadia and hired a couple of more people to get all of the licensed ones in the game. I was hoping we would see all of those, plus somewhat accurate generic fields for the ones that couldn't be licensed.

The guys who do the work did a nice job on what they got finished; however there needs to be more of them if that's what it takes to get the franchise back on track. Details like stadia, refs on the field, cheerleaders that don't all look generic, teams entrances, and television style presentation should all be completed this far into the current gen. We should be at the point where everything is in and the polish and refinment are happening as the franchise moves forward. It looks like NCAA 10 is going to fall way short of expectations again this year. The bar keeps moving and EA just doesn't want to commit the resources to getting back in the game. My guess it's because they are the only game in town and the stock price isn't doing so well so corners are getting cut to save money.
So lets see to sum it all up, this game will be a failure according to you because:

1. No refs
2. 6 Missing stadiums eventhough some of them are under renovation.
3. Generic looking cheerleaders.

Yep, sounds like a dealbreaker to me

# 127 dstubb @ 04/21/09 12:31 PM
Thank you EA! Doyt Perry Stadium (Bowling Green) looks fabulous!

There is one minor error - the Falcon logo at midfield is facing the wrong direction - it should face the other set of stands.

# 128 dstubb @ 04/21/09 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstubb
Thank you EA! Doyt Perry Stadium (Bowling Green) looks fabulous!

There is one minor error - the Falcon logo at midfield is facing the wrong direction - it should face the other set of stands.
Just looked at it again - you definitely have the home and visitor's sides mixed up - easy to do since the press boxes on each side look similar.

# 129 dstubb @ 04/21/09 03:13 PM
Ariel shot:

This is a view from home side of the field:

# 130 Trakan31 @ 04/21/09 03:22 PM
I hope stadium editor is going to be great this year!!

# 131 Solidice @ 04/21/09 10:54 PM
ESPN article about stadium updates and new screen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...ory?id=4078370

# 132 sportzbro @ 04/21/09 11:02 PM
I'm still curious if ONLY 21 have been update...?

# 133 GunTrpsRtRioBootX @ 04/22/09 01:03 AM
At some point in the future of the series I'd really like to see War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock be added for the Hogs. We've been playing home games there consistantly for 50+ years, and being an SEC school, albeit a mediocre one, and the only FBS school with an alternative home stadium that's at a non-neutral site (pretty sure on this but i could be wrong) would hopefully have some lee-way. It's a pretty typical "bowl" style stadium, seats 53,000+. Anyway that's one more request for the NCAA Football infinite wish list.

Here are a few URL's for pics of WMS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WarMemorialStadiumFromStands.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1110/1154018517_e30b3d1a3b.jpg?v=0

One thing that def needs to be fixed is that God-awful logo at midfield, you'd think they'd put a Razorback somewhere on the field?

# 134 homer1303 @ 04/22/09 01:58 PM
OMT,

one quick question, i was curious if field degradation was going to be in this year? i thought it was supposed to be in last year but it either didnt make it in or was tuned down too much. thanks

# 135 brooks17 @ 04/24/09 10:58 PM
OMT.... Please answer my question... Will Southern Miss's stadium be updated. They have gone through many changes.. Added Suites, closed the endzone, added banners, and got a new huge scoreboard.
Please help me out OMT.

# 136 goblue1523 @ 04/26/09 12:43 AM
OMT,

Will Huskie stadium for Northern Illinois University be updated next year. They added the Yordon Center. I sent pictures to you last year

# 137 airblair223 @ 04/26/09 06:18 PM
OMT, it should go without saying that HA Chapman is wrong. You should know because your UCF Knights were brutally pounded at the venue last season. The video board is incorrect. It's the video board from Skelly Stadium. The paint, as well, is from Skelly Stadium (since renovated and renamed HA Chapman). You said, either correctly or incorrectly, that you had to actually go to these venues to render them into the game. Now, unless you can provide a compelling a reason as to how you screw this up, I am going to call out the integrity of those excuses.

Tulsa has had a long wait to have its stadium rendered into the game. Then, when it gets done, some moron in the bowels of EA can't take the TIME to get it right. No, seriously, if you want to complain about EA's perception among fans, you actually have to give a reason or two to change it.

If the errors are fixed, I will gladly rescind this scorching post. But somehow I doubt it will get fixed, if history is an indication of anything. Too bad the Knights aren't coming to Tulsa this year.....

# 138 texasfan_95 @ 04/26/09 06:45 PM
has anyone else noticed but during neutral site fields the crowd is split down the middle of the stadium and not the 50 yard line. its a minor detail but it's also sort of annoying. i hope it's fixed this year

# 139 boomboxjon @ 04/26/09 07:19 PM
So if I'm reading this correctly, Minnesota's new stadium will NOT be in the game? Thats unacceptable considering it is a Big Ten school and one of the largest universities in the entire country. Any chance of it becoming downloadable content or something?

# 140 Bwnarrow3 @ 04/26/09 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airblair223
OMT, it should go without saying that HA Chapman is wrong. You should know because your UCF Knights were brutally pounded at the venue last season. The video board is incorrect. It's the video board from Skelly Stadium. The paint, as well, is from Skelly Stadium (since renovated and renamed HA Chapman). You said, either correctly or incorrectly, that you had to actually go to these venues to render them into the game. Now, unless you can provide a compelling a reason as to how you screw this up, I am going to call out the integrity of those excuses.

Tulsa has had a long wait to have its stadium rendered into the game. Then, when it gets done, some moron in the bowels of EA can't take the TIME to get it right. No, seriously, if you want to complain about EA's perception among fans, you actually have to give a reason or two to change it.

If the errors are fixed, I will gladly rescind this scorching post. But somehow I doubt it will get fixed, if history is an indication of anything. Too bad the Knights aren't coming to Tulsa this year.....
Haha ouch about the Knights getting owned there last year.

About the stadium being wrong, you are only correct about the scoreboard. Yes it is from the old skelley stadium, but I believe the colors are right from the new stadium. It looks to me like it is its new tan color (although its hard to tell with the fans in the stands). But overall, I'm pretty impressed with the stadium, unlike you it appears haha. The case athletic complex looks great as does the new press box and the Reynolds Center east of it.

I think EA did a pretty good job.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.