Home
Madden 2010 News Post

EA has just posted another Madden NFL 10. This one takes a sneak peek at the Wildcat, screenshots included.

Quote:
"Hello Madden faithful! This week marks a very big week across the Madden Nation in terms of news - gameplay footage, the cover athlete, and some feature / technology releases. What you might imagine is that is that we (the development team) are extremely busy trying to get the game in good shape for everyone to see. So since we don't actually have a ton of time to spend on the blog, and the marketing / PR folks will be releasing a ton of news about the game anyway, we thought the least we could do was just drop a few quick screenshots to showcase some new stuff we've added."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 261 mjgill85 @ 04/21/09 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael
I was wondering what the GU one some of the teams uniforms stands for, G-Unit?
Gene Upshaw

# 262 Bgamer90 @ 04/21/09 04:19 AM
Quote:
lol no...

it's in remembrance to Gene Upshaw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Upshaw

# 263 SouthernBrick @ 04/21/09 04:23 AM
Quote:
Lol...G-unit.

# 264 Bgamer90 @ 04/21/09 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Lol...G-unit.
Imagine a G-Unit football league. It'd be worse than the XFL lol.

# 265 raphael @ 04/21/09 04:36 AM
thx for the info

# 266 SouthernBrick @ 04/21/09 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Imagine a G-Unit football league. It'd be worse than the XFL lol.
G-unit would have one good football game(not really lol) like 50 cent's first album it would be the best, and then it would be downhill from there...lol

His video game already sucks. Don't know why they made a second one.

# 267 g2thecore @ 04/21/09 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
G-unit would have one good football game(not really lol) like 50 cent's first album it would be the best, and then it would be downhill from there...lol

His video game already sucks. Don't know why they made a second one.
Compared to the first game, the second one was a masterpiece.

# 268 Playakev21 @ 04/21/09 09:07 AM
This guy keeps complaining about the game LOL its a BUG...ian said the logo is ruined not just the size idiot!!! do you read the blogs or do you just post??? ian posts comments on several sites. where he explains the size of the logo is not the only problem. theres a bug in the game that mixes logos and ruins them!!!!! People have played the game at the community even kane for example and hes over here trying to explain things to you, and your laughing thinking he knows more about the dolphins logo then you do?! if you'd pull your head out of your *** maybe you could understand what hes saying!!!! and if your not gonna buy the game then DONT, NOBODY CARES not us and not ea you idiot it'll just leave one more copy in a best buy store for someone who actually would love to buy it.

# 269 ThrillzNSkillz @ 04/21/09 09:22 AM
I'll get excited when I actually see a photo of 2010 with an ACTUAL GAMEPLAY camera angle.

I don't care about these "REPLAY" snapshots.

They look great, but thats not the VIEW WE GET

# 270 TheWatcher @ 04/21/09 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillzNSkillz
I'll get excited when I actually see a photo of 2010 with an ACTUAL GAMEPLAY camera angle.

I don't care about these "REPLAY" snapshots.

They look great, but thats not the VIEW WE GET
Agreed. I've told'em as much as I could about making these angles more like the marketing photos and I've given tons of examples. I've actually still been writing documents about this stuff for them since I got back, lol.

The replay cams from last year flat-out stunk. Those are unredeemable. There is a ton of opportunity here to make the visuals more immersive and all it takes is just some camera angle changes.

I believe these guys can do it, I know they're very serious about it that's for sure. This is one thing I'm really watching out for. If they get this one thing right combined with the gameplay that's already improved a lot, then the sky will be the limit for how far presentation can go from here on out.

I hope they get these in.

# 271 RGiles36 @ 04/21/09 11:21 AM
^^I think Thrillznskillz was referring to wanting the multiple playable camera angles. If I'm not mistaking, you're looking for these shots via the presentation (replays, pre-play, post play, etc.). Am I right or wrong here?

# 272 Da Bears @ 04/21/09 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers94
The game look's awesome so far. And they actually have a Ref in the game, i always said it's the smallest things that you can add in a football game that will make the game at least feel more realistic. I can't wait to see how EA is going to hook up this years ( Presentation )
I agree,I remember back in the the day when Madden had the refs, chain gangs and gamebreaks during the season with highlights of other games and that was on Sega and Nintendo.I just want a solid game with better gameplay and presentation.I know the Madden team is hard at work with the new build.I can't wait to get my hands on the game.

# 273 ThrillzNSkillz @ 04/21/09 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
^^I think Thrillznskillz was referring to wanting the multiple playable camera angles. If I'm not mistaking, you're looking for these shots via the presentation (replays, pre-play, post play, etc.). Am I right or wrong here?
Correct, I was talking about the playable camera angles (although Watchers point still is valid).

I dont see after playing APF2008 last night, just how difficult it is to implement. 2 k had them last gen, and this gen, and customizable, really brings you into the game.

These screenshots, although "promising", dont show what you are going to be seeing 99% of the time.

After all these years waiting for a "quality" Madden, and to get our hopes up (I appreciate the feedback from EA dev crew) however, lets not forget how flawed Head Coach 09 was, even after multiple patches, still system lock ups, and the game shouldnt even have been released (I think my ProBowl RB had like 13 fumbles halfway thru season),until 2 months later, albeit the patch that fixed fumbles,etc.

Theres just no QC anymore, and I really dont want to spend 25 hours editing rosters to make the game play acceptable.

This is the first year since 89 I am not picking up release day. I'm going to wait and monitor reviews and users feedback.

Just my .02

# 274 swanlee @ 04/21/09 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Agreed. I've told'em as much as I could about making these angles more like the marketing photos and I've given tons of examples. I've actually still been writing documents about this stuff for them since I got back, lol.

The replay cams from last year flat-out stunk. Those are unredeemable. There is a ton of opportunity here to make the visuals more immersive and all it takes is just some camera angle changes.

I believe these guys can do it, I know they're very serious about it that's for sure. This is one thing I'm really watching out for. If they get this one thing right combined with the gameplay that's already improved a lot, then the sky will be the limit for how far presentation can go from here on out.

I hope they get these in.
Any idea how they were doing on implementing Multiple\User Camera angles?

That is they key here and it is sad this feature has been left out in next gen Madden.

It feels like false advertising to see all these great close up non gameplay shots then get the game and play with little tiny players far away from the action and NOT be able to change the camera view.

I wish they would stop giving us these close up replay shots until they get our multiple\user camera angles in gameplay. It's just feel like such a bait and switch.

# 275 ThrillzNSkillz @ 04/21/09 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlee

That is they key here and it is sad this feature has been left out in next gen Madden.

It feels like false advertising to see all these great close up non gameplay shots then get the game and play with little tiny players far away from the action and NOT be able to change the camera view.

I wish they would stop giving us these close up replay shots until they get our multiple\user camera angles in gameplay. It's just feel like such a bait and switch.
I dont think its been confirmed we are getting customizable / multiple camera angles .

I think Ian had posted a VOTE on how important it was. I think 42 % really want it, 40% didnt care, 18% didnt want it (anyone feel free to correct me -that was the last stats I saw on vote)

I'd be happy with some diff views if they cant give us customizable ) like a CLOSER view, same angle OK) Right now, its nearly a BLIMP view

Lets remember Head Coach 09 had multiple angles, including broadcast view)

If you can totally customize a replay angle (camera), then its not too difficult to incorporate into the gameplay engine.

Same goes with In game saves- I think its very important . I'd be satisfied with a "Game save at Halftime" at this point.

# 276 TheWatcher @ 04/21/09 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
LOL. You're right. My mistake.

As you can see, I'm very passionate about those shots finally showing up for presentation. I'm really hoping.

# 277 TheWatcher @ 04/21/09 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlee

I have no idea on that one.

But I had a thought while playing around with lead blocker the other day. When you switch the circle around, you get views from close in and field-level, etc as you switch to different positions.

When Ian posted a poll asking if they should get rid of lead blocker I voted 'no' because I wanted to see them use some of its functionality for selectable camera's. I don't think anyone was paying attention to my point because they hated Lead Blocker so much. But I imagine that if they're able to have multiple views on the fly with Lead Blocker, then it shouldn't be impossible to do this as a menu selection. We'll see what they do, but after considering that, I tend to think multiple user cam's are very much possible and would come down to more of a priority thing (although many things do anyway).

# 278 ThrillzNSkillz @ 04/21/09 02:42 PM
My concern is timeframe and where they are in dev cycle. To me, cameras and in-game (or halftime) saves are a must.

However they seem to be concentrating on helmet logo size, cleats, and all the "candy" that show up in replays , and are barely recognizable with the in-game view. Maybe thats a sign Now that they've prettied up everything, now we'll be blessed with being able to see it

Its basically 3 months to go, give or take with QC (do they?), and packaging shipping, etc.

I'd like to feel very positive, and I'm giving the dev crew a chance. It would be nice to close the book on APF2k8.

Are we really sure the gameplay will be there...

If I see 1 more QB throw through his body, off his back foot, while making some coffee, I'm going to have a stroke.

# 279 daplayawitdafunk @ 04/21/09 03:34 PM

Donny if Matt Ryan doesnt look like this dont even bother putting him in the game. I hope the half sleeves will be put in. Sorry to change the topic but.....

# 280 DOLFANMIKE @ 04/21/09 04:38 PM
Wow. The graphics just look better and better. Great work.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.