Backbreaker News Post

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Kitchens @ 04/25/09 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
That Tackle Alley video is all fine and dandy and a fine demonstration of the technology they have created. In and of itself, that could be a fun mini-game as well.

However, the existence of Tackle Alley doesn't simultaneously demonstrate that Backbreaker is a fully-functioning and fun 11v11 football game. We've seen NO in-game footage to indicate that a game using the technology from the Tackle Alley video even exists, hence why I'm continuing to call what's come of this project to this point a tech demo.
Right, a tech demo that had a spot on G4 and that they showed a bit of at a game developers conference.

# 22 mKoz26 @ 04/26/09 10:40 PM
That Duke Nukem game that was supposed to come out was shown on the gametrailers episode with the Madden trailer. It's not vaporware! Backbreaker has hope!

# 23 Phobia @ 04/27/09 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchens
Right, a tech demo that had a spot on G4 and that they showed a bit of at a game developers conference.
glad yall have hope because with out the hardcore guys who would buy it IF it ever releases.

# 24 Kitchens @ 04/27/09 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
glad yall have hope because with out the hardcore guys who would buy it IF it ever releases.
I'm pretty confident that it'll get some good coverage at E3. At least I hope. I really want there to be a Backbreaker II.

# 25 G-Rapid Da Don @ 04/27/09 06:21 PM
Honestly that tackle alley video looked nothing like real football. Even thothere are no repeating tackling animations, it means nothing when it looks like Nfl blitz and the jukes are slower then a linemans.

# 26 allBthere @ 04/27/09 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rapid Da Don
Honestly that tackle alley video looked nothing like real football. Even thothere are no repeating tackling animations, it means nothing when it looks like Nfl blitz and the jukes are slower then a linemans.
nothing out there looks like real football it's all crap. Madden right now looks like replays in FF, the only decent football game is All-pro.

# 27 Stroehms @ 04/28/09 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchens
I'm pretty confident that it'll get some good coverage at E3. At least I hope. I really want there to be a Backbreaker II.

Woah Woah Woah. We don't even know if Backbreaker 1 is going to come out.

# 28 DaveDQ @ 04/28/09 05:42 AM
So I guess the trendy word is "vaporware." Backbreaker is an idea taken from a small company that wants to make an attempt to introduce something they feel is missing in a football videogame. Like any other development cycle, I'm sure they have setbacks etc., and it has been frustrating to see very little from this team, but I'll always be supportive and hopeful for people that are trying to innovate.

They're making an effort and we have no idea what's before them as far as setbacks etc.

# 29 jaosming @ 04/28/09 02:57 PM
IIRC the lack of info and setbacks have been due to not having a publisher.

They ended up getting one, I forget who, I'm sure it's on their forums.

There is a guarantee from them that we will get information before E3, followed by a showing at E3. So we have around 3 weeks until we know more about this game.

# 30 mKoz26 @ 04/28/09 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
No one has forgotten it. But all it was was a glorified tech demo, it showed nothing of what the game could do with real football (11v11).

Like most have said, this game is the Duke Nukem of football games right now.
Duke Nuem is coming out!!!

# 31 TDKing @ 04/29/09 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadKingpin
Backbreaker II? Can we at least wait until we see Backbreaker I on the shelves before we start talking about 2?

# 32 StormJH1 @ 04/29/09 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Thanks. That crowd looks NUTS! Player movement looks very fluid. I'm guessing gameplay videos should be showing up soon.
Haha, we all made that same guess about 18 months ago.

# 33 StormJH1 @ 04/29/09 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaosming
IIRC the lack of info and setbacks have been due to not having a publisher.

They ended up getting one, I forget who, I'm sure it's on their forums.
Midway sounds about right...

It's not that I don't support upstart groups who want to fill a void in certain areas of gaming, I just object to the treatment of this title like it's the "second coming" of videogame football before we've ever seen a single image from it that looks like a GAME, as opposed to a CGI movie about football.

Even if they could actually get this thing released, the natural order of things dictates that there will probably be significant problems with it (akin to how EA, an established developer, struggled with Madden '06 and '07), and then the only shot at getting those fixed would be if this new IP could actually generate enough money to warrant a sequel.

If 2k sports couldn't suceed well enough for all of those things to happen, why are we so sure that this graphics design project could be any better?

# 34 Kitchens @ 04/29/09 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadKingpin
Backbreaker II? Can we at least wait until we see Backbreaker I on the shelves before we start talking about 2?
Sure. All I'm saying is that if Backbreaker sucks, there for sure won't be a BBII. So I want BB to be good, so there'll be at least the possibility of a sequel.

# 35 Vast @ 04/29/09 09:55 PM
Looks like this game is taking soo long to come out that by the time it does Madden will have better technology. It seems they already do with 9 person gang tackling. lol

# 36 marshallfever @ 04/29/09 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Still Vaporware.
Super Vaporware

# 37 Blzer @ 04/30/09 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
I highly doubt anyone has ever seen a 9 man gang tackle in the NFL. Not talking about a pile up but an actual 9 men holding on to the ball carrier on his feet. If they guy can not be tackled by 2 let alone 3 NFL players? First he is a beast or second time to find some better tacklers.
That is true, but this will allow for pile-on tackles. I hate those goal line plays with an HB dive play that, if stopped by a defender or two, is just that. Everyone else is blocking/running around while only one guy tackles him.

And I've said before that one big thing this physics engine will allow is a better momentum system. You know, F = m*v.

# 38 bvb24 @ 05/01/09 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Midway sounds about right...

It's not that I don't support upstart groups who want to fill a void in certain areas of gaming, I just object to the treatment of this title like it's the "second coming" of videogame football before we've ever seen a single image from it that looks like a GAME, as opposed to a CGI movie about football.

Even if they could actually get this thing released, the natural order of things dictates that there will probably be significant problems with it (akin to how EA, an established developer, struggled with Madden '06 and '07), and then the only shot at getting those fixed would be if this new IP could actually generate enough money to warrant a sequel.

If 2k sports couldn't suceed well enough for all of those things to happen, why are we so sure that this graphics design project could be any better?
I don't think this is "the second coming", I just hope it's better than the garbage EA puts out every year. I still buy NCAA every year because I'm dumb and have no other football option. I just want options, so I am a little excited at the prospect of another football game.

# 39 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/18/09 11:35 PM
Until I see real live gamefootage it ain't no good football game to me.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.