Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 481 shttymcgee @ 04/24/09 05:26 PM
anybody know if the trailer was on ps3 or xbox 360?

# 482 bowdown2shadi @ 04/24/09 07:01 PM
Ok, I've watched this many times already, why are people complaining so much?

# 483 Furq @ 04/24/09 07:08 PM
One thing other people have commented on though, and I obviously haven't played 2010 yet so I can't say, is that the past few years we have all been underwhelmed with the initial trailer. People always say "wait for the gameplay vids, this is just done by marketing people"

Then more vids come out and no one is fully satisfied and then finally the game comes out and we are mostly disappointed. Sure that may not be the case this year, I have no idea either way, but I will say that why would we expect it to be different this time around?

I'm waiting until the release to make up my mind one way or another, but we shouldn't be so dismissive either of this trailer.

# 484 Furq @ 04/24/09 07:12 PM
One other thing I'm worried about is that each year they come closer to making a game we all expect, but we know they aren't there yet. They are working on it which is great, but the problem is that we are for sure at least halfway through the life of the 360/ps3. When the next systems come out won't we have to live through this again, with it taking years to get an acceptable product?

Hard to predict, and it's still far away, but I'm just concerned that this will be a never ending cycle

# 485 DolphinDave @ 04/24/09 09:22 PM
Im actually kinda of happy this is not being released on the PC. Until Madden gets a new game engine, this game will always suck.

# 486 cowboy_kmoney @ 04/24/09 10:06 PM
Is it just me or do the running still looks robotic? From what i see is that we have more to look at but still stuck with the same running style from 09. Work on that E.A. and we will see the best game to date when it comes to Madden.

# 487 countryboy @ 04/24/09 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boydra
Looked awful. I hope that really was for the Wii. The 360 or PS3 version can't look like that can it?

Really? You thought it looked that bad?

# 488 Anti Honor @ 04/24/09 10:55 PM
I'm not too fond of the grapics either, but graphics aren't my main concern.

Judging by the trailer, and I won't judge the product on a trailer alone - This game went from buy first, back to rental. The trailer was awful. If the game is anything like I saw in the trailer, as short as it was, I won't bother with 2010.

I was hyped, more than I've ever been about a game.. I'm not anymore.

# 489 roadman @ 04/24/09 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
I'm not too fond of the grapics either, but graphics aren't my main concern.

Judging by the trailer, and I won't judge the product on a trailer alone - This game went from buy first, back to rental. The trailer was awful. If the game is anything like I saw in the trailer, as short as it was, I won't bother with 2010.

I was hyped, more than I've ever been about a game.. I'm not anymore.
Maybe you should check the gameplay threads above. It's much different and better. Plus, ESPN showed better footage earlier today.

# 490 MrDhWhat @ 04/25/09 12:14 AM
ol/dl looks good. along with the ref signaling a first down. so far so good.

# 491 marcoyk @ 04/25/09 02:28 PM
i thought there was going to be a pocket this year!

# 492 carolina_boi @ 04/25/09 02:53 PM
The guys at EA are doing a great job so far. Its only April. They have close to 3 months to fix and adjust the game in areas that need it. If you take the time to really study and look at the videos and screenshots you can notice ALOT of changes and improvements that you couldnt see in previous years. Hopefully, this year's madden will be the best football game to date besides nfl 2k5. Im personally looking forward to it more than ever this years and we all will see if EA has lived up to the height. [still waiting to see the colored cleats and QB's flack jackets - if available].

GO PANTHERS !

# 493 carolina_boi @ 04/25/09 02:56 PM
Hopefully, this year's madden will be the best football game to date instead of nfl 2k5.

# 494 Eman5805 @ 04/25/09 04:08 PM
Still is too stiff and robotic...

*sigh*

# 495 bamaCT12 @ 04/26/09 05:58 PM
somethin bout the jerseys looks fake

# 496 sroz39 @ 04/27/09 11:08 AM
I really have no idea what people are complaining about. Taking the trailer for what it is and nothing more (sizzle) everything looks improved from 09. Is it leaps and bounds better? Heck no! But that's a bit too much to ask in such a short time. I think people tend to forget how long it took The Show developers to make the game what it is today and likewise the 2K NFL series went through some "down" years before the (flawed) greatness that 2K5 was.

In the end though, haters are gonna do what they do best..hate.

# 497 myownsun @ 04/27/09 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
I think people tend to forget how long it took The Show developers to make the game what it is today and likewise the 2K NFL series went through some "down" years before the (flawed) greatness that 2K5 was.
God i need a ps3

# 498 STLRams @ 04/27/09 12:00 PM
The gameplay video of Madden10 on the Jimmy Fallon show looked way better than this trailer to me. It looked so fluid and smooth it gave me flashbacks of NFL2K5, also a nice touch was Jimmy Fallon on the excersise bike, which was on NFL2K5 also. I'm not really going to pay attention to this trailer since I've seen the Madden10 video on the Jimmy Fallon show and looks twice as good as this.

# 499 Swingking77 @ 04/27/09 10:18 PM
There are a few things that I've noticed from the two previews that I've seen thus far, and though some people have said that animations and such will be worked on as we speak, I'm just going to go ahead and make an assumption, that these things will not, in anyway be fixed before the game is shipped and we'll have to wait for patches on a brand new game that hasn't even shipped yet... Here's the breakdown of what I saw:

GT Video:

1. It would appear that the "moon ball" is till alive and well in this version of the game. I draw this assumption based on two things. The first being the first pass the Ben Roth throws... The ball goes straight into the air with not so much as a full throwing motion. I'm also bassing this on the last play we see in the video where the ball appears to be comming from the top deck in the stadium...

2. The running backs are still way too strong, as evidenced by everything we see the running backs doing in this video... We're they to say that this is a highlight reel video and that these thigns didn't happen all the time, I MIGHT swallow that, but due to past experiences, I'm leading another way all togther.

3. WRs still appear to catch everything thrown at them... Again, were this called a highlight video, I may... Blah blah blah... See above.

Jimmy Fallon video:

1. Confirms that #1 and #3 of the previous videos are not simply our of sort or assumptions, but likely to be more accurate then original expectations had hoped.

2. QB throwing on the move appears to remain in tack wich will result in the Dolphins being the online team of choice not only for the wild cat, but Mr. White as well... Like he was in NCAA last year.

3. The pocket protection doesn't look all that impressive. OR that much differerent then before... Sure the animations appear to be different, but over all product doesn't really show anything that wasn't there before, save for filling in the gaps that were missing visually before... Animations don't add to soemthing that's broken, it just makes it look nicer, even if it's still broken, like Bondo on a dented car...

Now before people go off an instantly call me a *****, as Ian suggested anyone that critiques the previews would be, I have a few point to ponder... Now I've read comments that said that these clips were played on rookie, on an unfinished version of the game. That it was something put together by marketing and didn't show the depth that those here wanted to see... The only problem I have with this kind of statement is that:

1. Who's going to make a point of being the first to see these videos? (Die hard fans) This isn't rocket science people, ask yourself, what would YOU put into the video? And you aren't even a professional at marketing.

2. Who were they attempting to market these clips to if not us? (Casual gamers?) The message here I guess would be that the game will still greatly be geared TOO the casual gamer.

3. With these being some of the most anticipated videos on the game yet, why wouldn't you take the time to show off all of the new/important stuff in the game? (Unless this was as good as the game got without patches) It would be the equivelent of showing us what the new GM cars can do, only to have one catch fire and explode on national TV and before the Bailout commity members "well it isn't finished" kind of falls short of expectations... And quite frankly isn't a good way to gain favour from people looking at getting your game, and supporting your product...

All of these combined with the statements made at the start of the GT video, made by the EA manager, leads me to believe that despite the casual "it's not finished" and "animations are being worked on as we speak", we are now back at where we were before, and that's putting band aids on broken engines... And before you all go on saying that I'm hating again, ask yourselves: Is there still time for motion cap stuff to be done? If there is, is there realisticaly time to add those things into the game if animations means effecting the engine in anyway? If the game was reworked from the ground up, yet again, WHY are these problems from previous games STILL in the game after having been IDENTIFIED HOW MANY times by everyone that's ever played the game?

I'm opting out of getting this game until I rent it... Thus far, I disgusted at what I've seen... The blogs show a bunch of gliter and glam, but when it's all put together, it looks less like the Playboy model we were promissed, and more like some middle aged man in drag...

# 500 GrayFox51 @ 04/27/09 10:56 PM
That was absolutely terrible. They should be ashamed releasing a product like that in 2009, nearly 2010

Embarrassing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.