Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 lightning_78 @ 04/24/09 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalu82
WR Limas Sweed.
Yeah that's what I thought.

I asked because he looked almost white in the screen on Page 18.

# 142 SteelerSpartan @ 04/24/09 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_78
Why isn't the linemen in the background watching the play?

Also who is #14 for Pittsburgh btw?

Limas Sweed

# 143 KANE699 @ 04/24/09 01:17 AM
Im just gonna sit back and enjoy this.

# 144 aholbert32 @ 04/24/09 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
This is exactly what I expected from EA sports....ALL hype. This is just another reason why I'm going with BACKBREAKER.

LOL!

# 145 GoGiaNTS25 @ 04/24/09 01:18 AM
was it really that bad? i mean the running animations suck but i play 2k5 a lot so im used to that. i didnt think it was THAT bad.... can we all at least agree it's a step in the right direction?

# 146 myownsun @ 04/24/09 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam21224
Boy you going to break your back if you really think there done with improving this game.

O well guess you will miss out on the biggest comeback ever, Ian and co are almost better then Kobe in the clutch, I trust them and will let them take the last shot of every close game.

Ummm wha?^

yeah uh the last part of the trailer with fitz coming off the line looks good i love how the db cuts off the inside

to get a feel of how robotic and lifeless the game seems watch whats going on in the background as the trailer plays out

# 147 Madwolf @ 04/24/09 01:19 AM
There were a lot of improvements Ian has talked about in that video, and I was really impressed. Gang tackling was awesome, and the strip/disrupt the pass move looked really good. The line interaction was awesome.

There were things I didn't like. The animations did seem very robotic in straight action. It seemed like the game wasn't quite moving at 60fps, there seemed to be some stutter issues. Some of the motions themselves were far from perfect, and I did wince at the Big Ben sequence. It just seemed like a lot of the animations were lacking polish, like they might have had the limbs and things in the right places, but it all just didn't flow together as one cohesive piece.

To me the good news is it seems like this video is from an earlier stage in the development cycle, even before they brought some of the OS guys in to try out the game. For those of you who read Ian's Twitter you'll recall him discussing putting a video together for Peter Moore for the first live demonstration, and this could be what we're seeing, which is somewhat supported by Kane saying that the game looked better on Fan day, but some of the stuff he did see was new.

# 148 Glorious Arc @ 04/24/09 01:21 AM
I saw alot of things but right now I am going to comment on the interactino between Holmes and Hood. If you slow the video down by pausing it you can tell nearly right after Holmes gets off Hood Ben throws the ball down the field and nearly TEN yards later Holmes catches it. Thats a big plus

# 149 lostintravise @ 04/24/09 01:21 AM
Why is it that they look like they're sliding? Also, still do not like the throwing and running animations. besides that.. cool!!

# 150 Brandon_c993 @ 04/24/09 01:22 AM
I have seen people on here say Willie Parker broke a 4-5 man gang tackle and they obviously like to exaggerate it was 3 guys...is that realistic no but it isn't nearly as unrealistic as 5....lol

The OL/DL interactions were amazing looked great as well as the WR/DB interactions, the running is still "stiff" and just does not look right... The "pile" for a fumble looked great I just hope we dont see this every single fumble....

I am kind of surprised that some people are saying the passing animations were not improved...did you see the same video I did? you know where Kurt Warner threw as he was getting hit??? The other passing animations were decent, not great but not bad either...

I was very impressed by the video and some of the new features/animations....

# 151 kicker @ 04/24/09 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
Yeah, the animations are still pretty ugly overall.

However, the blocking was EXCELLENT from what I saw.
Did you miss the play near the end zone where the 3 interior lineman were looking forward stuck in an animation while the left tackle got beat like a drum, unrealistically i might add, and no one even looked at him?

Better while engaged, but FAR from excellent.

# 152 KANE699 @ 04/24/09 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
There were a lot of improvements Ian has talked about in that video, and I was really impressed. Gang tackling was awesome, and the strip/disrupt the pass move looked really good. The line interaction was awesome.

There were things I didn't like. The animations did seem very robotic in straight action. It seemed like the game wasn't quite moving at 60fps, there seemed to be some stutter issues. Some of the motions themselves were far from perfect, and I did wince at the Big Ben sequence. It just seemed like a lot of the animations were lacking polish, like they might have had the limbs and things in the right places, but it all just didn't flow together as one cohesive piece.

To me the good news is it seems like this video is from an earlier stage in the development cycle, even before they brought some of the OS guys in to try out the game. For those of you who read Ian's Twitter you'll recall him discussing putting a video together for Peter Moore for the first live demonstration, and this could be what we're seeing, which is somewhat supported by Kane saying that the game looked better on Fan day, but some of the stuff he did see was new.
When I say some of the stuff that I saw was new, I meant in the video it was stuff that wasn't there on community day, ala robo qb and robot stiff running. I don't think I saw anything actually new in the video that I didn't see on cd. Either way it still looked good give or take a few animations

# 153 dannydufflebags @ 04/24/09 01:23 AM
I really hope that was Hood in a cover 2 zone, because if not he got burned by stupidity.

The thing that bothered me the most, was willi parker at a near dead stop. only to break out of a LB AND CB's tackle. If that was Brandon Jacobs, that play would be blown dead. You need momemtum to break those types of wrap up tackles.

It doesn't seem like there has been any emphasis on momemtum in Madden 10. Very dissapointed, I am looking forward to more video's, from a gameplay angle, so I can tell if the ol/dl interaction and pocket/run blocking are working.
I would also like to see proof that the WR will play the ball correctly, as well as momentum involved there as well.

# 154 adamgod8 @ 04/24/09 01:24 AM
didnt go through all the pages on here so not sure if anyone posted it yet...but at 1:26 the ref gets knocked down in the background haha

# 155 cam21224 @ 04/24/09 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
EA has you all in the palm of their hand. WAKE UP people, the problems will never be fixed. They show you one trailer and your all ready to let them off the hook for the last 6 years of next gen madden? get real!!
Dude like serious, this is not the same development team. Nor did we get screens, videos, blogs etc... broken down and actually be interacted with by the team putting Madden together in the previous years.

Think about it this way, no one here has to make a un-educated guess anymore since we are receiving news alot earlier then what we would have normally got, not to mention the best news has yet to come.

So ungrateful, this team is pouring their hearts into making Madden better for the long haul. Its like there giving us a early demo(thats not the finish product yet) yet we complain.

Like, wake up dude.

Maybe you do need another blitz style game in your life, im no one to speak for all of the OS football lovers but we perfer a great sim-game of football, which is in the making and smelling better then bacon.

# 156 Nature_Boy @ 04/24/09 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Thing is...Its still freaking april....think back previous years and we wouldn't even have screenshots on April 24.....They have a full trailer available which says alot.

There is still plenty of time to adjust and fix certain things...

I have faith in IAN and PHIL....
Well said DeeJay. To be able to see a Madden trailer in April is a first. Like you said, it used to be what June before we would ever see a screenshot. Thanks to Ian, Phil, Donny and the rest of the Madden 10 for all the updates you have given us so far. Keep up the great work.

# 157 sportzbro @ 04/24/09 01:24 AM
I enjoyed the video. People have to remember there is still a lot of work to be done. Well done Ian, Phil & Co. I can't wait for the rest of this weekend for all the other info..

# 158 Madwolf @ 04/24/09 01:25 AM
After looking at the video again I'm really impressed with the OL/DL interaction, it looks fantastic, and outside of the animations that aren't so perfect, many of the others just look sick. Watching Fitzgerald run the route at the end is awesome, it looks very natural.

# 159 JAKEHB20 @ 04/24/09 01:25 AM
i'm very very impressed with the video.
i love the ol/dl interaction!
only gripe of the video is when Willie Parker breaks that tackle he comes out slow but then hits full speed really fast. they need to tweak that a little bit.
everything else looks amazing.

# 160 AC IS ART @ 04/24/09 01:26 AM
That trailer was alright. I like the gang tackling animations. You can tell they've made some updates on the payers gear, though there are still a few errors. I guess this means no colored cleats ? (But the Wii will have them...)

Roderick Hood-Wrong Facemask, Gear
Santonio Holmes-Wrong Facemask, Skin tone

All in all it was alright for a teaser trailer, but nothing special minus the gang tackling.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.