Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

IGN has just posted an article detailing the new Teambuilder mode for NCAA Football 10.

Quote:
"This time around Create-a-School (TeamBuilder) is all web-based and operated from your PC. Pigskin fanatics can hop onto TeamBuilder.com, (once the site is live) sign in with their EA Sports ID, and then get down to the nitty gritty of designing the look and attributes for their school. EA Sports was kind enough to create IGN University (average GPA 1.1) to give us a look at just how deep the creation goes.

There are hundreds of pieces to every uniform and many can be tuned to your liking. From the stripes on your pants to whether your logo appears on the helmet or your uniform number (ala Alabama), there's a lot of depth there. There are more than 70 base styles for your uni and 11 different logo placements aside from the helmet designs that I just mentioned. There's less customizability to the pants, but it's a similar mechanic. As fun as it is to fiddle with the look of your uniforms, what really impressed me was the freedom afforded to nailing down a team logo."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 OMT @ 04/24/09 11:42 AM
Wow. I'm pretty disappointed in that article. They really undersold it.

Some things to note... you don't need photoshop. GIMP is good, and Paint.NET will work. You just need to be able to resize images and canvas sizes to get them 256x256 and 128x128 (you can have one logo of each size and they don't have to be the same logo). You'll probably want to learn how to add transparency to images as well.

There will still be the template rosters to pick from like on PS2. Not sure what they are all named, but our roster guy is working on 8 of them. We just included the ability to pick an exisiting school's roster as well.

I know there's another big thing they left out, and that might have been because they were instructed to so I won't give it away yet.

I noticed a couple people wondering about upload times? There is no upload involved. You create it on the web (you need an EA ID), then you fire up NCAA 10, go into TeamBuilder and search and download.

But as I said, there is stuff missing from this article and that might be on purpose, so I won't be able to answer some questions.

# 42 WolverinesFinest @ 04/24/09 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

Some things to note... you don't need photoshop. GIMP is good, and Paint.NET will work. You just need to be able to resize images and canvas sizes to get them 256x256 and 128x128 (you can have one logo of each size and they don't have to be the same logo). You'll probably want to learn how to add transparency to images as well.

There will still be the template rosters to pick from like on PS2. Not sure what they are all named, but our roster guy is working on 8 of them. We just included the ability to pick an exisiting school's roster as well.

I know there's another big thing they left out, and that might have been because they were instructed to so I won't give it away yet.

I noticed a couple people wondering about upload times? There is no upload involved. You create it on the web (you need an EA ID), then you fire up NCAA 10, go into TeamBuilder and search and download.

But as I said, there is stuff missing from this article and that might be on purpose, so I won't be able to answer some questions.
This is very good to hear haha

# 43 dhs22p @ 04/24/09 12:16 PM
OMT,
It said that you could only save 12 teams to be downloaded. Will we be able to save more than 12 on our system that we just want to keep?

# 44 stylee @ 04/24/09 12:22 PM
Thanks, OMT

# 45 Ziza9Noles94 @ 04/24/09 01:06 PM
Great to hear that OMT, thanks.

# 46 tyler289 @ 04/24/09 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Great. Thank you.

# 47 lat3ralus65 @ 04/24/09 01:20 PM
Wow, you may have just gotten a new customer.

# 48 bamaCT12 @ 04/24/09 01:31 PM
that's how u do it, good job EA

# 49 prowler @ 04/24/09 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

So uhhh... how long till the site is up and ready to go?

# 50 boritter @ 04/24/09 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
How will the bandwidth issues be handled on the teambuilder site?

I remember when Tiger Woods came out with the "upload your own face" feature so many people were trying to access the website that it was down/nonfunctional for almost two weeks after the release date.

I hope EA foresees that the teambuilder website will get a ton of hits the first few weeks. Will this site handle all the users?

# 51 Gossennator @ 04/24/09 02:15 PM
I wonder if we will be able to put the nike swoosh on our jerseys in the correct spot.

# 52 ehovUOfan @ 04/24/09 02:46 PM
Do you have to download the teams with your console? I'm wondering this because I don't have a good enough internet connection with my PS3 to download files. I'm hoping that you can create the team and then download it onto a thumb drive. If not, CAS won't really do anything for me.

# 53 SoxFan01605 @ 04/24/09 03:03 PM
Excellent news! I know I'm likely in the minority, but CAS was a sticking point for me. This one sounds excellent.

Good to see OMT clear a few things up about the rosters. Also, for those worrying about the schools, while it would suck if you want to use an existing schools stadium only to have it still show their banners and such, it's still deeper than it was. Plus, I believe the article said you could choose the generic and highschool stadiums as well, so there seems to be solid options there.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the way NCAA is shaping up. I'm more of a pro football guy (no "official school ties...which is why a feature like CAS is important to me in the first place) but I'm actually a bit more excited for NCAA than Madden this year, I think. I don't know that I'll be purchasing either, but NCAA just went to a 100% rental for me with a very real chance of purchase if it plays well.

Good stuff!

# 54 huntt26 @ 04/24/09 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
I wonder if we will be able to put the nike swoosh on our jerseys in the correct spot.
From OMT:

"To do this you would have to make one of your uploaded logos a Nike or Adidas logo. We do not provide their logos, only logos that we are licensed to use."

# 55 dab0yech0 @ 04/24/09 03:51 PM
Sounds unreal, I just put in a preorder for NCAA 10 just because of this.

# 56 wde1723 @ 04/24/09 05:06 PM
OMT Can you tell us about the picture with IGN's stadium still having Cal's scoreboard, and flags? Is that for sure gonna be in the game?

# 57 travis a.d. @ 04/24/09 05:13 PM

Anyone notice the players are not standing on the sidelines in this picture like they were in '09? Maybe this is a sign that pregame entrances are back!

# 58 thmst30 @ 04/24/09 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis a.d.

Anyone notice the players are not standing on the sidelines in this picture like they were in '09? Maybe this is a sign that pregame entrances are back!
Nice catch! Interesting.

# 59 Squeezee12 @ 04/24/09 05:41 PM
Adam when will we see the teambuilder website go up?

# 60 WolverinesFinest @ 04/24/09 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Nice catch! Interesting.
If you have seen the sizzle video then you nocitced the texas marching band on the field. Im about 99% sure that there is a pre game and halftime type of thing this year. Especially with erin andrews being in the game too.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.