NCAA Football 10 News Post

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 rudyjuly2 @ 04/24/09 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Player models look exactly the same as 09. Which isnt a problem for me.
OMT had said they had redone the models every year up until this year. They didn't touch them and focused on other stuff. I don't have a problem with the graphics either.

# 62 Furq @ 04/24/09 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brnto4life
After watching the Madden video, the only thing I learned was that Willie Parker LOVES getting gang tackled.

EDIT: That UT Marching Band formation is TERRIBLY incorrect. Oh well, at least they're trying with the presentation!
I had to agree when watching the band, not that I care about the band at all honestly but I've been going to every game the last 3 years or so and can't remember seeing them lined up like that before

# 63 Solidice @ 04/24/09 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Those look like their new ones Solidice. I don't think they made it in the game last year. I could be wrong though.
I checked '09, and the ones that are shown in the video are the same ones that were in '09. for some reason I thought they had green home uniforms in the game last year.

# 64 mgoblue678 @ 04/24/09 12:19 PM
Running motion still looks stiff and robotic. Who knows maybe by the next consoles we will get running motions that actually look human. What really baffles me is that the running motion last gen was so much better.

There also wasn't a shot where you could tell if there was a legimate pocket in any part of the video. Sure looked the de still ran straight into the offensive linemen instead of getting upfield and couldn't get off the block at all. Those might have been running plays though.

Not to mention I don't have much faith in the cpu rb or qb ai being improved. Still expect to see no cpu deep balls and braindead cpu's rbs who can't hit holes.

Oh well if NCAA doesn't turn out well, I still have The Show to fill my sports game fix.

# 65 OMT @ 04/24/09 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
OMT had said they had redone the models every year up until this year. They didn't touch them and focused on other stuff. I don't have a problem with the graphics either.
Yeah, we're happy with the player models so no need to redo them for the sake of redoing them.

# 66 da ThRONe @ 04/24/09 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, we're happy with the player models so no need to redo them for the sake of redoing them.
I am all for keeping the graphic the way they are. But if thats the case I expect the running and throwing animations would have been improved and the accessories will have more options. If there is no work done to improve the graphics I should see it some where else that improves the vaule of this game for everybody who plays not just a select few!

# 67 Goffs @ 04/24/09 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
good! they looked great last year...id even say its better than maddens player models

# 68 da ThRONe @ 04/24/09 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
good! they looked great last year...id even say its better than maddens player models
I wouldnt go that far! LOL But I expect Madden to look better. 32 teams 55 players per team vs. 120 teams 75 players per team.

# 69 stylee @ 04/24/09 12:39 PM
Didn't see any option runs...

I'm looking over it at OL/DL interaction, trying to see what I can see. If anyone notices anything about this in particular, say so.

# 70 HansPup @ 04/24/09 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1619
Good trailer, a lot of small things to like. Only gripe is the tackle at the 1:16 mark. Just not a big fan of this type animation.
I cringed when I saw that ridiculous animation. I absolutely hate it with a passion.

I also did not like how at :38, the DB was behind the WR, went for the pass (maybe expecting an overthrow?), and then his momentum carries him out of the play. In reality, the DB would just put a lick on the WR as he is already beat on the throw.

The WR/DB jostling looked nice along with the Wisconsin WR's catch in stride, followed by him calling for a facemask penalty. The downfield jostling/incidental contact at 1:00 was especially excellent.

The branched RB animation at 1:04 looked very realistic (not the out-of-hand super spins of '09).

And the icing on the cake...the WR slipping in the rain in the midst of his route. Outstanding. This trailer was head-and-shoulders above the Madden trailer, and I for one, may now consider buying NCAA (in addition to Madden).

# 71 Ziza9Noles94 @ 04/24/09 12:49 PM
Cool vid. Except for the ending and who it focused on of course.

# 72 Goffs @ 04/24/09 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I wouldnt go that far! LOL But I expect Madden to look better. 32 teams 55 players per team vs. 120 teams 75 players per team.
i dunno...i have both Madden and Ncaa 09 respectively and i prefer the player models on Ncaa..they just look more proportioned to me, Madden has a bad case of bobblehead syndrome...they just look unnatural to me...

# 73 thmst30 @ 04/24/09 12:54 PM
NEEDS PRO-TAK. If NCAA had that as well, then this game would be awesome. Maybe next year though? Up to 9 man gang tackles, pile pushing, and fumble pileups would be so nice to have in BOTH games.

# 74 da ThRONe @ 04/24/09 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
i dunno...i have both Madden and Ncaa 09 respectively and i prefer the player models on Ncaa..they just look more proportioned to me, Madden has a bad case of bobblehead syndrome...they just look unnatural to me...
NCAA shoulder pads are way too bulky!

# 75 renatus @ 04/24/09 01:12 PM
i liked the crowds..they look a lot better and we see more colour diversity in the stands

# 76 thudias @ 04/24/09 01:14 PM
exceptional trailer.

# 77 noplace @ 04/24/09 01:27 PM
Meh. Still doesn’t look natural to me not does it feel like football when watching. Animations are not in tune with the situations. Some looked ok but the running animations, hurdles, & the juke by the UT back just looks canned! The OL/DL interaction is better but I didn’t see any player look like it had there own agenda. Still playing patty cake with better animations. Looks like Madden 09 to me. So sick of hearing "they are moving in the right direction" Yeah for the last 5 years it seems. Is it really that hard?

# 78 JayD @ 04/24/09 01:47 PM
I really hope they have dynamic attendance this year! Nothing more annoying then seen a packed Lincoln Financial Field for Temple vs Div 1AA NE, lol

# 79 renatus @ 04/24/09 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Meh. Still doesn’t look natural to me not does it feel like football when watching. Animations are not in tune with the situations. Some looked ok but the running animations, hurdles, & the juke by the UT back just looks canned! The OL/DL interaction is better but I didn’t see any player look like it had there own agenda. Still playing patty cake with better animations. Looks like Madden 09 to me. So sick of hearing "they are moving in the right direction" Yeah for the last 5 years it seems. Is it really that hard?

i am in the minority here thinking the animations look a lot smoother than 2009? still wont pre-order this one until i play the demo

# 80 Mjphillips @ 04/24/09 02:08 PM
Really good trailer. I'm impressed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.