Home
News Post

The new patch to upgrade MLB 09: The Show to version 1.06 has been released. Here is a list of the fixes from Community Manager Ramone Russell (Russell_SCEA on our boards):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramone Russell
MLB 09 The Show PS3: Patch 2 Addressed Issues

General:
  • AL and NL West (including Cubs) schedule addresses. Day games updated to correct time zone.
  • Addressed CPU Pitcher Energy from always full when pressing the quick menu while batting.
  • Fixed the issue when in the bullpen moving from last pitcher (closer) to top pitcher, the top pitcher's stats stay the same as the closer.
  • Inning pitched count corrected for pitchers during spring training. This is in ALL SEASON Modes.
  • Fixed AUTO BASERUNNING. Users should no longer be able to control steels for you or CPU using L1 and L2 in any game at any time.
  • Fixed the Movie Recording feature in both Replay and Replay Vault. Users should no longer get stuck after multiple recordings.
  • Players names not being called correctly in the audio. One specific item was Beltran being called Delgado and vice versa. This line used to be erroneously said for Juan Rivera. It has now been corrected to play for Casey Kotchman. This line used to be erroneously said for David Ortiz. This line used to be erroneously said for Miguel Cabrera. It has now been "disabled".
  • Career stats after going online and using weekly online Live Rosters or using the Online Roster Vault should now be correct.
  • Fixed issues with unbalanced trades when the rosters were full. 3 for 1 trades that will result in people being placed on waivers should now function.
  • Fix the problem in RTTS as the pitcher when a baserunner from 1st steals, the camera would sometimes swing around thru the crowd.
  • Fix switch hitter sub presentations using the wrong helmet sometimes.
  • Fix RTTS CP never getting a goal before the 1st pitch
  • Fix the Batter Training camera automatically being set to Catcher Cam.
  • Fix the Flashback Presentation X out problem.

Franchise Bugs

1.Fixed September 14 Road to the Show season lock.
2.Scouted players should now have feedback at the time of the amateur draft in June.
3.Fixed CPU roster control and lineup issue where users turn cpu roster control on, set a lineup, but lineup changes do not hold.
4.Fixed a bug where the user controlled team would not receive compensation picks when they lose Type A and B freeagents.
5.Fixed bug not allowing farm directors to be hired or fired. Just load into a franchise and fire a farm director during the off-season.
6.Addressed a problem where the title loses simulating functionality in franchise mode when addressing online requests.

Online:
1.Addressed Free Agents in the Online league Live draft. They should now be placed on teams through Roster Update are usable on user’s teams. (Guys like Manny Ramirez or Adam Dunn should now be available.)
2.Fixed Message Board bug that result in no messages being shown after changing full pages.
3.Reduced online game bandwidth usage.
4.Made minor change to the League create screen to Randomize the Draft time to various 30 minute increments from 12noon from 8pm.
An attempt to fix in-game disconnect issues in the production community. This is in an effort to stop the dreaded traffic delay problem the the community is reporting.

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 coreyhartsdaughter @ 04/27/09 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminKG21
Hahaha. I agree completely with you, but prepare to get killed by the SCEA apologists.

What's funny to me is that with all the glitches/bugs/issues and all the fixes/patches/workarounds, the best way to play this game may well be with a fantasy draft.

It seems the more people try to get things as they are in real life the more hoop jumping they have to do to get there, only to realize they're jumping through that hoop and into a puddle of mud.
Not everyone plays with CPU Roster control on.

# 22 DrUrsus @ 04/27/09 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminKG21
Hahaha. I agree completely with you, but prepare to get killed by the SCEA apologists.

What's funny to me is that with all the glitches/bugs/issues and all the fixes/patches/workarounds, the best way to play this game may well be with a fantasy draft.

It seems the more people try to get things as they are in real life the more hoop jumping they have to do to get there, only to realize they're jumping through that hoop and into a puddle of mud.

That bolded part is probably true, lol. But, my CPU roste control ON workaround isn't too bad once you redo all the lineups after simming/ending spring training , then use a 2nd controller (which isn't too big of a pain unless you don't have one).

with CPU roster control OFF, I think people should just accept the CPU will do what it wants even if it is leading off Todd Helton (in that case edit him or use Knight's lineup fix rosters).

# 23 Speedy @ 04/27/09 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
This is what I think.
They tested it by looking at the lineups before the game starts. They are correct at that point. Once the game starts, they are not correct.

Or, they tested it with spring training games possibly? The lineups get jumbled after spring training when you sim or just end it. I am not sure what happens if you just play them. I am also not sure if the lineups stick with CPU roster control ON for spring training. I will look tonight when I get home.

Either way, QA was not very detail oriented if they thought it was fixed.
Exactly, Doc. Everyone has been requesting more clarification as well from the devs and there's nothing...these guys set the bar high w/regard to community involvement so it's a bit quiry.

# 24 DrUrsus @ 04/27/09 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooteristkai
As far as I know, Knight did some Atribute changes which cause the rosters to be "better".
BUT the historical stats glitch is still in affect.
As of now yes. Some people don't like the attribute changes to guys like Grady Sizemore (had to lower power to get him to lead off, I think), Soriano. But, I think it is the best option for CPU roster control OFF guys right now that can live with the stat glitch.

Hopefully, when he reloads his rosters to the vault, they will be glitch free, but I am not holding my breath on that one.

# 25 DrUrsus @ 04/27/09 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
Exactly, Doc. Everyone has been requesting more clarification as well from the devs and there's nothing...these guys set the bar high w/regard to community involvement so it's a bit quiry.
I PMed Russell and I will let you guys know if he replies about the CPU roster control lineup issue and the historical stats questions if I am able to do so.

I'm honestly not trying to be critical when I say that, but that shouldn't have gotten through if they thought it was a fix as listed in the patch details.

I am almost hoping they will say, "oops we loaded up the wrong patch".

# 26 CRIP4LIFE @ 04/27/09 04:45 PM
i assume the answer to this is yes, and please pardon me if this was asked/answered already... but:

what if i begin a fantasy draft franchise, will the roster line-up logic "glitch" place obvious lead-off type hitters late in the line-up or power hitters leading off? (ie., will helton still be leading off on his new team?)

# 27 scooteristkai @ 04/27/09 04:45 PM
Nobody answering from the devs makes me believe that they accidentally put out a patch that doesn´t really solve what they wanted it to solve.

That´s only from reading the list and you guys´ comments.

# 28 JT30 @ 04/27/09 04:46 PM
The DL problem is still there? Amazing

# 29 sbauer318 @ 04/27/09 04:48 PM
Quote:
I PMed Russell and I will let you guys know if he replies about the CPU roster control lineup issue and the historical stats questions if I am able to do so.

I'm honestly not trying to be critical when I say that, but that shouldn't have gotten through if they thought it was a fix as listed in the patch details.

I am almost hoping they will say, "oops we loaded up the wrong patch".
Either way, it's embarrassing. What would you rather have: a screwed up QA process or screwed up release/patch management? Tough one.

# 30 morieeel @ 04/27/09 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
Agree. I'm surprised this wasn't addressed.

# 31 moemoe24 @ 04/27/09 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
It is true. You are talking about an edited roster that not everyone wants to use.
But if it can get you what you are wanting, then why not?? Just asking!! I mean, if you want accurate lineups, Knight's give you that. I know a lot of people think lowering, for example, Soriano's power will make him hit less HR's, but it's not so. I simmed 3 seasons and he hit over 30 in each year. Do what you want....I'm just trying to let you know that his work pretty damn good.

# 32 sox73b3 @ 04/27/09 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30

Is there a workaround? I don't know of a way to work with this, if you get too many injuries you are screwed.

# 33 EWRMETS @ 04/27/09 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
doesn't seem like they fixed much for a month's worth of work. What about annoying glitches like managers and players coming out of the dugout changing colors? What about CPU having 2 mound visits not resulting in taking the pitcher out. And obviously, what about the CPU roster glitch?
Who claimed they spent a month solely working on a patch? It's nice that they put out the patch but compared to other games, they really didn't have to do it. I'm sure their focus is on MLB 2010 right now so anything we get that fixes non-gamebreaking bugs is a bonus. Some of you act like the producers have an obligation to answer your questions immediately.

# 34 devilsjaw @ 04/27/09 04:53 PM
Quote:
Historical career stat glitch: SCEA 4/20 and 4/27 rosters work (meaning no career stat glitch). Anything made before that do NOT. Before when SCEA would release a new roster, the anthing before it turned into a pumpkin and got the career stat glitch. SCEA roster 4/20 did not this time, so I believe the career stat glitch is gone on those rosters. I have checked many players and have yet to find a problem with these 2 rosters and any players on them.

Knights, Ridins, and anyones rosters before 4/20 will have the career stat glitch still if they are on your HDD. I am not sure what will happen when those guys reload their rosters into the vault (which was cleared). I suspect the career stat glitch will still be there, but who knows.
Well, I just downloaded one of the two rosters in the Roster Vault currently, and it looks like it is an update of Ridin's or Knights rosters (not sure which it was called Updated Roster!!!) and it DID NOT have the career stat glitch as far as I can tell. I checked AROD and his stats were correct.

So, maybe re-uploading these roster files to the vault will fix that problem.

# 35 sdf4977 @ 04/27/09 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mss4481
I don't think it's Knights. I just DLed it too. This set has Gordon Beckham from the White Sox at 2B, Knights has him as a SS. Also the lineups are all messed up in the reg. roster control screen
Are you guys able to log in, mine wont let me it says that you are already logged in try again later

# 36 moemoe24 @ 04/27/09 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Who claimed they spent a month solely working on a patch? It's nice that they put out the patch but compared to other games, they really didn't have to do it. I'm sure their focus is on MLB 2010 right now so anything we get that fixes non-gamebreaking bugs is a bonus. Some of you act like the producers have an obligation to answer your questions immediately.
Well put!!

# 37 ovm807 @ 04/27/09 05:06 PM
I haven't been able to log into sportsconnect for about an hour now. I get a message "This account is already logged in. Please try again later." Then a second message saying "Failed to log in."
Is anyone else having this problem?

# 38 sdf4977 @ 04/27/09 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovm807
I haven't been able to log into sportsconnect for about an hour now. I get a message "This account is already logged in. Please try again later." Then a second message saying "Failed to log in."
Is anyone else having this problem?
I have had this same problem

# 39 moemoe24 @ 04/27/09 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
Once trades and player movement happen you are at the cpu's control as to how they reset the lineups unless you do more editing, it could become endless.
I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about Roster Control On.

# 40 devilsjaw @ 04/27/09 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdf4977
Are you guys able to log in, mine wont let me it says that you are already logged in try again later
Haven't had any problems at all.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.