Home
News Post

The new patch to upgrade MLB 09: The Show to version 1.06 has been released. Here is a list of the fixes from Community Manager Ramone Russell (Russell_SCEA on our boards):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramone Russell
MLB 09 The Show PS3: Patch 2 Addressed Issues

General:
  • AL and NL West (including Cubs) schedule addresses. Day games updated to correct time zone.
  • Addressed CPU Pitcher Energy from always full when pressing the quick menu while batting.
  • Fixed the issue when in the bullpen moving from last pitcher (closer) to top pitcher, the top pitcher's stats stay the same as the closer.
  • Inning pitched count corrected for pitchers during spring training. This is in ALL SEASON Modes.
  • Fixed AUTO BASERUNNING. Users should no longer be able to control steels for you or CPU using L1 and L2 in any game at any time.
  • Fixed the Movie Recording feature in both Replay and Replay Vault. Users should no longer get stuck after multiple recordings.
  • Players names not being called correctly in the audio. One specific item was Beltran being called Delgado and vice versa. This line used to be erroneously said for Juan Rivera. It has now been corrected to play for Casey Kotchman. This line used to be erroneously said for David Ortiz. This line used to be erroneously said for Miguel Cabrera. It has now been "disabled".
  • Career stats after going online and using weekly online Live Rosters or using the Online Roster Vault should now be correct.
  • Fixed issues with unbalanced trades when the rosters were full. 3 for 1 trades that will result in people being placed on waivers should now function.
  • Fix the problem in RTTS as the pitcher when a baserunner from 1st steals, the camera would sometimes swing around thru the crowd.
  • Fix switch hitter sub presentations using the wrong helmet sometimes.
  • Fix RTTS CP never getting a goal before the 1st pitch
  • Fix the Batter Training camera automatically being set to Catcher Cam.
  • Fix the Flashback Presentation X out problem.

Franchise Bugs

1.Fixed September 14 Road to the Show season lock.
2.Scouted players should now have feedback at the time of the amateur draft in June.
3.Fixed CPU roster control and lineup issue where users turn cpu roster control on, set a lineup, but lineup changes do not hold.
4.Fixed a bug where the user controlled team would not receive compensation picks when they lose Type A and B freeagents.
5.Fixed bug not allowing farm directors to be hired or fired. Just load into a franchise and fire a farm director during the off-season.
6.Addressed a problem where the title loses simulating functionality in franchise mode when addressing online requests.

Online:
1.Addressed Free Agents in the Online league Live draft. They should now be placed on teams through Roster Update are usable on user’s teams. (Guys like Manny Ramirez or Adam Dunn should now be available.)
2.Fixed Message Board bug that result in no messages being shown after changing full pages.
3.Reduced online game bandwidth usage.
4.Made minor change to the League create screen to Randomize the Draft time to various 30 minute increments from 12noon from 8pm.
An attempt to fix in-game disconnect issues in the production community. This is in an effort to stop the dreaded traffic delay problem the the community is reporting.

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1401 manny2k8 @ 05/14/09 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Hmmmmmmmmmm after constant lurking the past month this isn't the same OS that it was about 6 or so months ago when we first starting overhauling community relations. I expected some of this but for the most part my vision for the community has been tainted quite a bit lately I think its time for a drastic change. Will post an update soon and no this update has nothing to do with the replay patch.

I completely understand but at the same time what do you expect from an open forum with so many different personalities (and ages) to deal with.

It's just to bad you don't have a special filter that could enable you to not even have to view the threads that are there just to provoke you and not be of help in any way.

Bottom line is PLEASE don't take off, there are to many avid baseball/sports fans here that more than appreciate you/SCEA's involvement with us!

# 1402 Pared @ 05/14/09 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTZball
You all get browny points for being good little members with holier than thou replies on behalf of Russ. Thanks pared and ruffy. I would + rep you both if I could.

The wait continues ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Thanks man. When OS loses developer support in the future, I'll also know who to thank.
Just want to thank you guys once again!

# 1403 DrUrsus @ 05/14/09 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny2k8
I completely understand but at the same time what do you expect from an open forum with so many different personalities (and ages) to deal with.
That is very true. Most people here are anonymous and some would not behave the way they do if they weren't anonymous, some would still, right or wrong.

Bottom line is this is an open forum website with tons of visitors, what does SCEA expect? There are always going to be a few bad apples, that is the nature of the internet unfortunately.

If SCEA only wants to deal with certain members on here, and not deal with the criticism (and praise too), right or wrong, then maybe they should create a closed thread for only SCEA and those members whose input they value or just leave of course, that is their prerogative.

I won't lose any sleep either way, I have more important things to worry about. But, I empathize with those of you who feel otherwise.

# 1404 masterkembo @ 05/14/09 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Just want to thank you guys once again!
And this helps anything how?

Well said Dr. Ursus - my thoughts exactly.

# 1405 ExtremeGamer @ 05/14/09 03:15 PM
Since this thread hasn't had anything to do with the patch in pages, and is getting uglier by the minute, it's now locked. When a new patch is released, we'll create a new discussion thread.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.