Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

April 27, 2009 — Create-a-School was first introduced in NCAA Football 2000 on the PlayStation. The PS2 version made its debut in NCAA Football 2003. For three years, fans have anxiously awaited the next generation of this feature. The wait is now over, as EA SPORTS proudly announces the arrival of TeamBuilder.

TeamBuilder is a web-based create-a-school feature that allows anyone with Internet access to log on to teambuilder.easports.com to create and share schools with the rest of the NCAA Football 10 community. These created schools can be downloaded in the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of NCAA Football 10 and can be used in Play Now, Dynasty, and Online Dynasty modes. TeamBuilder will go live approximately one month before the July 14th launch of NCAA Football 10.

General Info
Creating a team is as simple as filling out the 10 fields on the General Info page, then choosing your team colors. With this information, you can save and publish your team. Of course, there is a myriad of other customization options for those who want a more in-depth experience.

Logo
Choose any existing logo from our library, which also includes Football Championship Subdivision (1-AA) schools and generic logos, or import a logo from your computer. You can even pull your school colors out of your primary logo to ensure your customized uniform is an exact match to your logo!

Stadium
Choose from any of the existing stadiums including high school stadiums and generics. Name the stadium to fit your team. Crowd colors will automatically customize based on the team colors you choose.

Field
Choose from any existing field in NCAA Football 10 or create your own. When building a custom field, you can choose surface type, the colors and text that will appear in the end zone and the size and placement of your logo on the field.

Uniform
Choose from existing uniforms or completely customize your own including helmets, jerseys, pants, socks and shoes.

2 Helmets – Primary and secondary. Choose existing or create your own:
  • Choose base color plus facemask, chinstrap, and all stripe colors
  • 25+ different styles or stripe patterns
  • Choose which logos you want to see on each side
  • You can also flip the logos per side
  • Option to display numbers instead of logos if you want (Alabama)

4 Jerseys—Home, Alternate Home, Away and Alternate Away. Choose existing or create your own:
  • Choose base style and color plus collar, cuff, number, and name styles and colors
  • 70+ different base styles, or stripe patterns
  • 11 different logo placements
  • Defaults are all based off your school colors and logos

2 Pants—Home and Alternate. Choose existing or create your own:
  • Choose base style and color
  • Several different base styles or stripe patterns
  • 4 different logo placement options
  • Defaults are all based off your school colors and logos

Shoes and Socks
  • Choose your colors for shoes and socks.

Program
The program page allows you to fill out your playbook info, playing style, and recruiting pitches, which is useful when using your created team in the Dynasty and Online Dynasty modes.

Roster
Edit your custom team roster including, name, number, height, weight, year, skin tone and face. All player ratings can be created and adjusted on this roster page.

TeamBuilder’s intuitively designed online database is searchable across several fields, allowing users to share content with ease.

Web Search

Search Fields
  • School Name/Nickname
  • City
  • State
  • School Type
  • Author

Wildcards—School Name/Nickname wildcard searches will work, so if you enter “Flor”, it would return Florida, Florida A&M, Florida State 93, etc.

Sort Search Results By:
  • Most Downloaded
  • Most Recent
  • School Name
  • Nickname
  • Author

Console: Search & Download
  • The console search allows you to refine several fields for a generic search or a very specific search, depending on what you are looking for
  • The default search will search for schools you’ve created
  • Once you’ve found the school or schools you want, download them and save them to your hard drive
  • NOTE: Schools that are marked as Private by the author will not show up in any search results.

Web Preview
  • Quickly preview a team by clicking on the team card at the home page or search results grid
  • The default preview will display Program Info and Uniform
  • You can also preview the full roster with one mouse click

When you purchase NCAA Football 10, you will receive a code in the original packaging that will unlock 12 slots. This will allow you to save up to 12 created teams to your console hard drive. If you pre-order NCAA Football 10 you will receive a code for an additional 13 slots, allowing you to save 25 created teams directly to your console hard drive.

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 userLoser @ 04/27/09 08:36 PM
Some good details in this, Thanks for the summary Steve!

I can't wait for this game now..

# 2 Village Idiot @ 04/27/09 09:49 PM
I'm pretty amped for this feature. Love the idea of making some alternate Michigan uniforms, blue/blue in particular.

# 3 mikeveli20 @ 04/27/09 09:58 PM
I wonder what happens if we were to buy the game used. Since the code comes in the original packaging, would that mean I wouldn't be able to download any teams to my game?

# 4 jsnyde45 @ 04/27/09 10:08 PM
just wondering if u can create a team and use that team just for offline modes like dynasty and play now?

# 5 sportzbro @ 04/27/09 10:11 PM
thanks again steve..good info here.

# 6 Solidice @ 04/27/09 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnyde45
just wondering if u can create a team and use that team just for offline modes like dynasty and play now?
you can.

# 7 Scott @ 04/27/09 10:20 PM
Wasn't really interested in this before, but it has kinda caught my eye now...

# 8 Trakan31 @ 04/27/09 10:31 PM
I am goin to love CAS!! Best feature in a long time for EA

# 9 rwk2009 @ 04/27/09 10:36 PM
My question is, do you need to download your friends teams if you're going to be the commish to invite them?
Or do they upload theirs when they get invited?

And can we delete a team after we download it, and get a new one in that slot?
Thanks a lot.

# 10 IamLEGENDsince87 @ 04/27/09 10:40 PM
well now I can see Ohio State with white cleats (me jumping around like the dudes in the Heineken commercial) lol.....the only question is if I want to use them in dynasty mode, will they be unranked or will they have the ranking of the new team u replaced???

# 11 Ty @ 04/27/09 11:13 PM
Wow...

# 12 BoomerSooner11 @ 04/27/09 11:26 PM
It's gunna be noice.

# 13 Aztec @ 04/29/09 10:56 AM
Are these unlockable slots equivalent to the number of teams that we can replace in dynasty mode? I thought that the max was 12. If we preorder would we be able to replace a total of 25 teams with our own custom teams?

# 14 Russell_Kiniry_EA @ 04/29/09 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwk2009
My question is, do you need to download your friends teams if you're going to be the commish to invite them?
Or do they upload theirs when they get invited?

And can we delete a team after we download it, and get a new one in that slot?
Thanks a lot.
Yes you would need to download his/her teams to start the dynasty... And yes you could then delete them to free up the slot (which would keep the team in the dynasty).

We just put the teams into the Dynasty files to make sure you will not lose them because you want to start another team (or Dynasty).

-Russ

# 15 Russell_Kiniry_EA @ 04/29/09 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec
Are these unlockable slots equivalent to the number of teams that we can replace in dynasty mode? I thought that the max was 12. If we preorder would we be able to replace a total of 25 teams with our own custom teams?
The max teams you can replace in Dynasty Mode is 12. The more slots gives you a lot more freedom to start more Dynasty's or have extra teams waiting that you will not have to go search for and download. Extra slots are pretty helpful.

-Russ

# 16 Squeezee12 @ 04/29/09 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
The max teams you can replace in Dynasty Mode is 12. The more slots gives you a lot more freedom to start more Dynasty's or have extra teams waiting that you will not have to go search for and download. Extra slots are pretty helpful.

-Russ
Russ does this go for offline as well as online?

# 17 Lava @ 04/29/09 12:17 PM
I still don't understand the decision to go with just two sets of pants. 3 or even four would be a lot better. 3 would be an absolute must, IMO.

# 18 sportzbro @ 04/29/09 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
I still don't understand the decision to go with just two sets of pants. 3 or even four would be a lot better. 3 would be an absolute must, IMO.
+1

we need 3

# 19 Jim Jones @ 04/29/09 03:29 PM
Feature sounds AWESOME. Totally agree about 3 pants though..PLEASE fix this, guys! It's pretty important for those of us who love to mix it up with the uniforms. 4 jerseys is useless with only 2 pants. 3 is a good number..look at a team like Miami, who wears white, orange and green pants. FSU wears white, black, garnet and gold pants.

# 20 Jamie Mac @ 04/29/09 04:14 PM
Is teambuilder strictly an online feature or can you do it offline?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.