Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

IGN has posted some NCAA Football 10 videos. They show off Season Showdown: The Setup, Taking the Field and The End Game.
Thanks To Everyone At IGN For The Videos!

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 fistofrage @ 04/28/09 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxican8504
I agree. It still looks and plays like 2009. It doesn't really look like they changed much from a gameplay point of view.

Its WIIIIIIIIIDE Open.

# 82 gogators @ 04/28/09 02:14 PM
Another thing that might be coming back form the past is speed or lack there of for certain players. No way is Jeff Demps getting caught on that play in a real game. He would out run that angle in no time. I remember back in the day where you couldn't out run anyone, no matter how fast your guy was. I hope this isn't coming back, and he was just playing on varsity and it let his guy catch up.

# 83 eritraj @ 04/28/09 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators
Another thing that might be coming back form the past is speed or lack there of for certain players. No way is Jeff Demps getting caught on that play in a real game. He would out run that angle in no time. I remember back in the day where you couldn't out run anyone, no matter how fast your guy was. I hope this isn't coming back, and he was just playing on varsity and it let his guy catch up.
Exactly what I was thinking...I hope "fixed angles" doesn't mean absolutely flawless angles every time so you can never score on a long run. I hated that on last gen. There is no way Jeff Demps should be getting caught by a SS...

# 84 JBucc @ 04/28/09 03:34 PM
It looks to me like NCAA is only going to be a marginal improvement over last year in just a few key areas, like the OL/DL being a little better, pursuit angles, and more realistic db/wr play. With those improvements I think I'll be able to rent the game and not come away hating it like last year, but AFIAK the game speed doesn't slow down on higher levels like in Madden, and that really turns me off.

# 85 rudyjuly2 @ 04/28/09 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBucc
It looks to me like NCAA is only going to be a marginal improvement over last year in just a few key areas, like the OL/DL being a little better, pursuit angles, and more realistic db/wr play. With those improvements I think I'll be able to rent the game and not come away hating it like last year, but AFIAK the game speed doesn't slow down on higher levels like in Madden, and that really turns me off.
What does that mean? Haven't read that acronym before.

# 86 travis a.d. @ 04/28/09 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
What does that mean? Haven't read that acronym before.
As Far As I Know.

Are people seriously so lazy they have to use ridiculous acronyms for everything now?

# 87 BigD @ 04/28/09 03:54 PM
I see that stupid stat pop-up in the lower right hand corner has made the cut for another year. Thanks. Why can't we get true stat overlays instead of a stupid stat pop-up window?

# 88 BigD @ 04/28/09 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis a.d.
As Far As I Know.

Are people seriously so lazy they have to use ridiculous acronyms for everything now?
Laugh out loud. It is ridiculous. Everything is based on texting now.

# 89 Pared @ 04/28/09 03:59 PM
AFAIK has been around for years. Probably longer than LOL.

These videos don't do anything for me. Game still seems way too similar to last year.

# 90 Allaboutme @ 04/28/09 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
Laugh out loud. It is ridiculous. Everything is based on texting now.
None of that is based on texting, before texting became what it is now people used Instant messenger.

# 91 umd @ 04/28/09 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

These videos don't do anything for me. Game still seems way too similar to last year.
Agree. We shall see. I'm thinking Team Builder is this year's NCAA headline, not gameplay. Last year was OD and wide-open gameplay. What's the on the field fix coming this year?

# 92 Pared @ 04/28/09 04:07 PM
Wide Open Gameplay vs. Tight Knuckle Defense!

WOG vs. TKD for the acronym-inclined public.

# 93 zoltan @ 04/28/09 04:12 PM
so does anyone think that there is gonna be field degrading in this game??

# 94 floridagatorfan @ 04/28/09 04:22 PM
This just looks like NCAA is headed the wrong direction with gameplay while Madden might be getting things figured out. I do not want gimmicks like guessing whether the opponent will run right. It looks horrible as you do not ever see all seven players in the box run to the right immediately after the snap before even seeing the quarterback hand the ball off to the rb.

These videos just make me think that the developers of NCAA don't get it. I do not want these stupid features, I want solid gameplay that gives the resemblance of a real game. Follow the footsteps of Ian and Madden in the direction they are taking it.

Adding this pre play guess what the opponent is going to do feature it just is adding something that is not at all realistic and poorly implemented. I wouldn't mind it if it was better implemented but it was not. Rather than have the Defenders running before even seeing the play, how about making a guess the pass or run feature. If you guess run linebackers wait till they make sure the rb is not going to get the ball before dropping into their zone or following their man. The Defensive line will stay on their blocks and try and push the linemen back rather than rushing up field to get the quarterback. This way it looks realistic and can still have strong gameplay implications. Now the offense can set up the run, call a play action pass, and when the QB fakes the handoff it freezes the LBs and allows the TE to sneak behind them to receive a pass.

I really want NCAA to be a good football game as I am a big fan of college football but these features lead me to believe that I am going to be very dissappointed like I was last year with how poorly the speed of the game was implemented. Add things that increase the realism of the game. I do not have to have a perfect sim game but I at least want a videogame realism, kind of like with movies I want movie realism. Clearly if the game was a true sim it would be boring, having to play 3 and a half hour games.

# 95 floridagatorfan @ 04/28/09 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
EA Football creations are all about gimmicks. Just look at the comments from it's users. The request for realistic gameplay has been stated thousands of times. Makes you wonder why they are unable to provide.
At least I get the impression that Madden, through all the community interaction, is starting to go down the right path. I do not get the same feeling from the NCAA team and it worries me. I feel like NCAA is developed by people that do not have a true passion for football and instead think these pre play gimmicks are what people really want.

Instead of adding any of these features, focus on gameplay and presentation to make games feel more like a tv broadcast.

# 96 mjussawalla @ 04/28/09 04:54 PM
I don't understand why the players still turn on a dime. I thought this was one of the videos we saw for Madden - which at the time they stated would be shared with NCAA.

Guess not...

# 97 Nature_Boy @ 04/28/09 05:38 PM
I've been so wrapped up in Madden 10, I have paid much attention to NCAA 10. Thanks for posting the videos.

# 98 bamaCT12 @ 04/28/09 05:54 PM
was it just me or was FSU a A+ overall, that can't happen, just can't, please don't let that happen EA

# 99 BBkobe87 @ 04/28/09 06:05 PM
My main concern is with the game speed. I remember playing the madden demo last year and one of the reasons I didn't buy it was the fact the game speed was soooo much faster than what I was used to with ncaa. PLEASE EA give us a game speed slider!

# 100 UtahUtes32 @ 04/28/09 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
Priceless.

It was awesome how Ben was completely silent after the play. The awkward pause screamed, "Please don't ask me about the shoddy CPU QB AI on that play!"
ha! thats EXACTLY what i was thinking!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.