Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

IGN has posted some NCAA Football 10 videos. They show off Season Showdown: The Setup, Taking the Field and The End Game.
Thanks To Everyone At IGN For The Videos!

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 cherone21 @ 04/28/09 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
I don't understand why the players still turn on a dime. I thought this was one of the videos we saw for Madden - which at the time they stated would be shared with NCAA.

Guess not...

I am with you. This game looks terrible. I will not buy this game this year.

# 102 WolverinesFinest @ 04/28/09 07:50 PM
If anyone is interested, im trying to organize a 2010 teambuilder OD and gather people now so it will be easier to give out info and stuff later...it's in the online dynasty section... THE OS ULTIMATE'S XBOX 360 2010 TEAMBUILDER OD! thread.

Check it out.

# 103 sozo @ 04/28/09 07:55 PM
Well I think its a little too late to make any significant changes to the animations this year but i'm hoping that for next year's version the team just completely overhauls the locomotion system all together. There's no feel of momentum or any sense of weight shifting at all. It all looks robotic and very unrealistic. It's like there is no sense of physics or randomness to the players movements. It all looks so stiff and forced. The look of it is just downright wrong.

I know the team has to watch tons of footage of real games and thats why I just can't figure out how they mess this part up every year. I mean is it that hard to look at real footage and then look at the game and say to yourself, "Man these animations just arent realistic or fluid at all. Maybe we should fix this problem." Many of the fans are saying, and have been saying, the same thing every year and it still gets passed over in favor of even more useless features. As it is now the game is very playable and the animations don't hinder the game in anyway other than wtf animations that happen out of nowhere sometimes, and there's no doubt i'm still getting the game just for my love of college football. I just feel strongly that this issue needs to be massively addressed in next years version.

# 104 IN13NSE @ 04/28/09 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherone21
My guess is you will.

# 105 Allaboutme @ 04/28/09 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherone21
Happy trails, i guess this means you wont be on this sub forum anymore since your not getting the game, but i bet you will be.

# 106 marcoyk @ 04/28/09 08:22 PM
these videos screamed the need for !!!!player momentum!!!! I'm kind of mad that they didn't do anything about the direction changes. last time I checked I can't sprint straight and then keep my speed and sprint right. player momentum would have made it look and play sooooooo soo sooo much more realistically.

# 107 jWILL253 @ 04/28/09 08:35 PM
Nice. The year looks good for EA...

# 108 floridagatorfan @ 04/28/09 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaCT12
was it just me or was FSU a A+ overall, that can't happen, just can't, please don't let that happen EA
Also, I believe I heard him say he was a Florida St fan. Coincidence, I think not.

I'll probably have to go in and edit them down if they're an A+ because there is just no way.

# 109 Triathlete_201 @ 04/28/09 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sozo
Well I think its a little too late to make any significant changes to the animations this year but i'm hoping that for next year's version the team just completely overhauls the locomotion system all together. There's no feel of momentum or any sense of weight shifting at all. It all looks robotic and very unrealistic. It's like there is no sense of physics or randomness to the players movements. It all looks so stiff and forced. The look of it is just downright wrong.

I know the team has to watch tons of footage of real games and thats why I just can't figure out how they mess this part up every year. I mean is it that hard to look at real footage and then look at the game and say to yourself, "Man these animations just arent realistic or fluid at all. Maybe we should fix this problem." Many of the fans are saying, and have been saying, the same thing every year and it still gets passed over in favor of even more useless features. As it is now the game is very playable and the animations don't hinder the game in anyway other than wtf animations that happen out of nowhere sometimes, and there's no doubt i'm still getting the game just for my love of college football. I just feel strongly that this issue needs to be massively addressed in next years version.
This is exactly the way I feel about EA football games. Madden looks to heading in the right direction though this year. I've never purchased NCAA before but I'm loving the team builder so I'll give the game a go just to mess around with it and create some high school teams. I'll just look at NCAA as an arcade football game, that way I won't be disappointed with the gameplay.

# 110 JAYMO76 @ 04/28/09 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
I see that stupid stat pop-up in the lower right hand corner has made the cut for another year. Thanks. Why can't we get true stat overlays instead of a stupid stat pop-up window?
Agreed! Let's get the Madden type stat overlays back in the game.

# 111 dasg @ 04/29/09 12:11 AM
gameplay looks terrible....DL/OL interaction looks the same as last year except that this time the o-line forms a pocket.

# 112 Exonerated @ 04/29/09 04:36 AM
Don't see hand to hand combat?

Don't see double teams?

Don't see unblocked read man?

Speed rushes?

Obviously theres a pocket

# 113 rudyjuly2 @ 04/29/09 08:16 AM
Am I the only one that thought NCAA played a touch slow last year? I loved how fast the PS2 versions were and if the game plays at that speed I'll be happy.

# 114 stylee @ 04/29/09 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Don't see hand to hand combat?

Don't see double teams?

Don't see unblocked read man?

Speed rushes?

Obviously theres a pocket

I did see a double team, actually.
Look at the video where Tebow is running that weird jet option with the RG that pulls left....the C and LG appear to be double-teaming the DT on that side.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

# 115 Solidice @ 04/29/09 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaCT12
was it just me or was FSU a A+ overall, that can't happen, just can't, please don't let that happen EA
those roster aren't final, in fact, FSU's ratings have already been dropped.

quote from Greg:
Quote:
Lol. Nah, they got knocked down after that video. Rosters have been a constant WIP the entire cycle, so don't over-analyze them until we ship.
Source

# 116 Lava @ 04/29/09 12:20 PM
Thank God. Good find Solidice.

# 117 Africa Jr @ 04/29/09 04:54 PM
I think FSU should be a B+ or a B! but Everyone is gonna play with Florida No Matter What!!!

# 118 Allaboutme @ 04/29/09 06:32 PM
^^^ them and OSU.

# 119 Africa Jr @ 04/29/09 08:31 PM
ohio st should be B+ or A- for they did pretty good an there gonna be a top 10 team

# 120 ODogg @ 04/29/09 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
It looks like the fast players have no weight at all. The KR by Demps has him running up the field, making cuts, and not losing any speed.
I agree, it's one of the biggest and most fatal flaws in the game and yet they still refuse to address it. It just looks like NFL Blitz or something because of it.

Honestly I wonder if EA is building the game for great screen shots. You take just about any screen shot there and the game looks freakin' wonderful. Then you see it in action and it's just arcadey and fast as heck, like a bunch of ants running around with zero momentum.

It's funny that EA has that comment by Corso in the game about the "BIG MO'". Considering the devs don't seem to know what the "BIG MO'" it's irony at it's finest. *sigh*...another year of little to no REAL progress it appears.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.