Home
Madden 2010 News Post

IGN has posted some Madden NFL 10 videos. They are more commentary than actual gameplay. Including the Pro-Tak system, authenticity, blocking and layer animation.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 KG @ 04/30/09 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
yeah the jukes and spins look pretty rediculous in 09
They always have. There is no hit to the ball carrier's speed after he spins or jukes. It would be the equivalent of manual cars not having to downshift in an obstacle course.

# 202 shift9k @ 04/30/09 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
lol How the hell did Dusty get up field so quickly?
Like we say here in Chicago. Why? Why?? Cuz thats Da-Sty DaVora-Check!

# 203 DaveDQ @ 04/30/09 02:00 PM
I don't want to gush, but I watched these videos early this morning and really appreciate what Ian and the rest of this dev team are doing. Seeing him genuinely break things down without trying to throw in hype, just having an awareness that things need to change etc.

I really enjoyed seeing that.

# 204 roadman @ 04/30/09 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers94
Ian i have a question? will there be any improvements on ( Haltime Commentary or some sort of Haltime special )
I think I read Phil say that presentation information will be presented in July.

# 205 callmetaternuts @ 04/30/09 03:25 PM
Watched all the vids, very impressive. Like what im seeing. The blocking looks like real blocking (imagine that!) with the OL trying to ride the DE up the field, and the DE is able to collapse the pocket a little bit.

Didnt like seeing the C just kind of crop back, he should be engaged or be looking to help out either G, not just sitting around.

The Pro-Tak stuff looks great. On the "dynamic" tackles. Are there still the 1 on 1 situations where you can spin out of a tackle, or juke out (like 09)?

# 206 Valdarez @ 04/30/09 03:55 PM
Watch at about :45 in and pay attention to Y and the route the player runs. Look at the way he cuts, and the separation that he gets. Rewind, and watch the other routes and look at the separation on those.

More Madden NFL 10 Info

Looks good.

X gets caught up, for a good 2 seconds or so. Looks a bit long for a bump situation.

# 207 Captain Obvious @ 04/30/09 05:08 PM
bump

# 208 burne @ 04/30/09 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Watch at about :45 in and pay attention to Y and the route the player runs. Look at the way he cuts, and the separation that he gets. Rewind, and watch the other routes and look at the separation on those.

Looks good.

X gets caught up, for a good 2 seconds or so. Looks a bit long for a bump situation.
Looks good except for B. The way he starts and eventually stops are too sudden, IMO. No cuts or planted feet. As for the bump, sometimes bumps in the NFL do last that long with good bump corners. In fact, sometimes they ride them clear out of bounds and take them out of the entire play. Depends on what the matchup there was.

# 209 Valdarez @ 04/30/09 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burne
Looks good except for B. The way he starts and eventually stops are too sudden, IMO. No cuts or planted feet. As for the bump, sometimes bumps in the NFL do last that long with good bump corners. In fact, sometimes they ride them clear out of bounds and take them out of the entire play. Depends on what the matchup there was.
Yeah, the B route is another one of those instant turns situations. Highly unrealistic. The other routes look good, and you can even see at about :19 in where they run the play that one of the defenders gets behind and has 'catch up' speed so they can get back in coverage.

# 210 oldskoolmaddenfanz27 @ 04/30/09 05:53 PM
Much better then the trailer..

# 211 johnnyg713 @ 04/30/09 07:43 PM
Wow this is one of the best threads I have read in a long time. I was a bit concerned with all the gameplay animations and mechanics after watching the videos (locomotion and quick turns by dbs) but after seeing responses from Ian and LBz, I am starting to really see the "GREATNESS" in Madden10...

I am concerned with a couple of things gameplay-wise however and I hope they get addressed..

1. olineman double teaming on pass blocking (obv a biggy to everyone)

2. I absolutely love the rumble feature when the qb is in the pocket. pure genius where you actually feel the pressure. However i really think it should be different for each qb according to awareness I mean THAT is the feature that can finally separate the great qb's from the scrubs.

The controller should rumble earlier for qb's like Peyton and Brady because of their high awareness ratings... You could even take it a step further and have the rumble start out low when they start to feel the pressure and then obv slowly increase the rumble as the pressure increases.

And obviously for qbs that aren't as great with less awareness, the rumble would come in much later than Peyton's and Brady's... with still the rumble increasing from low to high but it could be much faster.

And then for maybe qbs with horrible awareness you would just get that high rumble very fast and only have a second to get the ball away.

I think that would make a huge difference.

3. I know this hasn't been mentioned yet but is really a feature that madden is lacking and that is teammate interaction. (I know this has been brought up several times and Ian def knows about this) I really would love to see players with the ball trying to push their teammates out of the way and engaging with them. This is the only feature I haven't seen that i thought would have been incorporated with pro-tak. This is the only feature I'm surprised they haven't announced yet but I'm still expecting this to be announced and I know Ian will deliver.

# 212 marcoyk @ 05/01/09 10:04 PM
I agree.

# 213 joe18 @ 05/02/09 12:38 AM
I couldn't see any of the video, too many flash bulbs......the sheep are getting herded up again. Comments like "you can really see the GREATNESS" are just awe inspiring.

# 214 splanch @ 05/02/09 12:44 AM
Nfl 2k6 would of had all this bull****

# 215 matelee @ 05/02/09 02:12 PM
if they can correct at least 50% of the 100 things that were horrible this game will be 100% better! lol!! Either way it's the only football game I have to play so ....I will be buying it again!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.