Home
Madden 2010 News Post

IGN has posted some Madden NFL 10 videos. They are more commentary than actual gameplay. Including the Pro-Tak system, authenticity, blocking and layer animation.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ChicagoChris @ 04/29/09 04:17 PM
Blocking video is outstanding. Really shows the pocket along with the game as well. The layering video is nice as well. I gotta say things are looking really good.

Impressive to say the least.

# 22 davep @ 04/29/09 04:18 PM
These were the most impressive videos by far. Totally dug the pocket formation and fluttering ball when Ben was hit. The Pro-Tak actually looks like a lot of fun to me....

Also, I'm excited about the prospect to control the speed of the game! It looks like Ian slowed it down a little bit and even though it was a tad too slow, totally dug it!

Put me back in the cautiously excited column.

# 23 masterkembo @ 04/29/09 04:18 PM
Videos look great!

It's going to be a long summer. From the draft to training camp is already the worst time to be a football fan, now it looks like I'm going to be eagerly anticipating Madden too.

# 24 Badboy49er @ 04/29/09 04:20 PM
Nice vids! i have to say the QB drop back looked really good and much better than i thought it was going to

# 25 SteelerSpartan @ 04/29/09 04:20 PM
Looks great.......Love how you have Ben's left foot positioned slightly back before the snap....... Something I posted in the custom animations thread

# 26 hollywood21 @ 04/29/09 04:22 PM
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/1...29/vids_1.html

Im @ucking Impressed! Everything I was upset about in the wildcat blog is now ceased. All I need to see now is double team blocks on the DT by o-lineman on run/pass plays and EA has my $59.99.

Does anyone know if madden 10 will have double/triple team blocks? Can't run a 3-4 defense without it.

# 27 Valdarez @ 04/29/09 04:23 PM
My take away:
  • Jerky Movements (quick snaps from one animation to another)
  • Instant Turns (why???)
  • Camera Angle is too far out at the start of plays (at least for me)
  • Madden still looks dark (can we get some brightness???)
  • Still looks like there are missing frames when the game is in motion (yet the game looks good in replay.... 2.5 weeks later, and still no answer to why this is the case)
  • Nice to see passes affected by tackles (ducks)
  • Pro-Tak looks really, really kewl

# 28 DreaIVIS @ 04/29/09 04:23 PM
Please someone verify this lol. adembroski? LBzrule? Ian?

# 29 hollywood21 @ 04/29/09 04:26 PM
Can anyone from Community Day confirm that double/triple team blocks are in the game.

# 30 SteelerSpartan @ 04/29/09 04:27 PM
Im not as worried about the running animations right now.....If it still looks all herky jerky after E3 then we have a problem

# 31 kcarr @ 04/29/09 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood21
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/1...29/vids_1.html

Im @ucking Impressed! Everything I was upset about in the wildcat blog is now ceased. All I need to see now is double team blocks on the DT by o-lineman on run/pass plays and EA has my $59.99.

Does anyone know if madden 10 will have double/triple team blocks? Can't run a 3-4 defense without it.
People seem to think that this double teaming only effects 3-4 teams, but in real life hayneswort, shaun rodgers, and other really good dlinemen have played in 4 man fronts and still demanded double teams. Really without this a guy like hayneswort has either has very little value in either system because he can get locked up by one guy or is too powerful in any system because only one guy blocks him so he goes unblocked constantly.

# 32 CapnKill @ 04/29/09 04:30 PM
I hope that was on rookie mode, cause Ians WR in the "Blocking" video was double covered yet the DBs made NO attempt to swat the ball from what I could tell.

# 33 djordan @ 04/29/09 04:31 PM
Looking good..looking good!

# 34 RGiles36 @ 04/29/09 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Still looks like there are missing frames when the game is in motion (yet the game looks good in replay.... 2.5 weeks later, and still no answer to why this is the case)
You're the only guy I see who says that collectively, the game looks better in replay than it does during the game.

To me, a flaw in the past couple years were that some of the tackles were "fast-fall" animations. This made it seem like there were frames missing in some of the animations. I didn't notice many of these ugly tackles in CD build I played.

I'm hard-pressed to believe that you think the EA Sports Highlight vids, which are basically replays, look better than Madden 09 in motion.

P.S. No one is entitled to a response to the devs. Add your name to the list...it's impossible for them to respond to everyone.

# 35 Valdarez @ 04/29/09 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Im not as worried about the running animations right now.....If it still looks all herky jerky after E3 then we have a problem
I think the EA guys either don't see it, don't believe us, or just refuse to acknowledge the issue with the jerky movements / missing frames during game play.

# 36 Danimal @ 04/29/09 04:32 PM
I wasn't blown away with Pro-Tak until that video. I'm impressed with what I saw in those videos.

# 37 Smoke316 @ 04/29/09 04:33 PM
Quote:
My take away:
  • Instant Turns (why???)
  • Still looks like there are missing frames when the game is in motion (yet the game looks good in replay.... 2.5 weeks later, and still no answer to why this is the case)
the game isnt dark its a night game..how bright do you want it

# 38 Bgamer90 @ 04/29/09 04:36 PM
Quote:
I think the EA guys either don't see it, don't believe us, or just refuse to acknowledge the issue with the jerky movements / missing frames during game play.
The video was taken before Ian made the thread here saying that they were tweaking animations (as we speak). So they are acknowledging it.

# 39 Danimal @ 04/29/09 04:37 PM
Quote:
My take away:
  • Instant Turns (why???)
  • Nice to see passes affected by tackles (ducks)
Really one positive is all you can muster from those videos? I think your comments have been very constructive the past few days, I actually really think you've got an open mind but this post seems real nit picky to me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion however.

# 40 Valdarez @ 04/29/09 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
You're the only guy I see who says that collectively, the game looks better in replay than it does during the game.

To me, a flaw in the past couple years were that some of the tackles were "fast-fall" animations. This made it seem like there were frames missing in some of the animations. I didn't notice many of these ugly tackles in CD build I played.

I'm hard-pressed to believe that you think the EA Sports Highlight vids, which are basically replays, look better than Madden 09 in motion.

P.S. No one is entitled to a response to the devs. Add your name to the list...it's impossible for them to respond to everyone.
I notice the missing frames in the gameplay from '09, and all I can go by is the videos thus far which appear to still suffer from the same problem. I probably notice it more because I'm a hard core APF2K8 player and that game is very fluid (though no where near as detailed). Beyond the game play, the missing frames is a huge turn off for me, and IMHO the primary reason that players refer to the robotic look of the game.

I always thought Madden looked really bad, until I watched a replay, and the thing was fluid as all get out. I was baffled. I couldn't figure out how in the world it looked so solid / fluid in the replay and yet appeared to be missing frames during the game. Is it the speed, the rendering? There has to be a reason, and I hope it's something they can fix, but thus far it appears to be the same as '09 (just going off the videos).

Agree about the last part of your post, but I would like to point out that Ian has read and responded to posts that had the question in it, thus the feeling that they are ignoring and/or dodging it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.