Home
Madden 2010 News Post

I had to make some executive decisions today on the feature as we close in towards the end here...so I thought I'd keep you guys in the loop on the changes/additions we are going to try to make. I want to be clear - none of this is done yet - but this is the 'design' so I'll update again with what we end up getting (I am hoping we get all of it).

1. Add a on/off option to the settings screens for the button masher. If it's off, the fumble is recovered through some CPU logic of which players get there first
2. Make the meter more minimalistic - take it off the field and integrate it into the ticker at the bottom of the screen
3. Add support for the meter to disappear at a specified time based on skill level. Meaning, that on All-Pro or All-Madden, the button callout will still stay on screen to show you how to fight for the fumble, but the "meter" will disappear to give more suspense. On lower skill levels, the meter can stay up the whole time.
4. Give bonuses to make sure that the first person on the ball starts out 'winning' the meter
5. Tune all the animations to make sure that the pileup only triggers in the obvious situation where multiple people dove on it at once. If you fall on it and it looks like you have possession, then you should retain possession with no fumble pileup.
6. Change the camera(s) to be much tighter and more 'broadcast'.

I think this definitely meets the needs of all parties - it can be turned off for those that don't want it, the cameras can be much cooler without the need for framing the on-field button UI, and it shouldn't feel cheap anymore.

Sound good? Again I'll update later on as we get this stuff added in.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 ry8100 @ 05/01/09 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMczaf
Can we get a "Giving them the Business" achievement/trophy after winning 20 fumble fights?
LOL that's awesome!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eslz06J9hFw

# 142 scott209 @ 05/02/09 02:52 AM
Sounds good now if you can get raitings to mean something I will love this. Great job though as always

# 143 Candyman5 @ 05/02/09 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
Umm Ian, Could you answer one question for me though if you could? You said your team has incorperated this into the game now, could ya explain how the CPU logic works for me? Like is it a percentage problem depending on how many of each team in on the Fumble, or is it based on Ratings? Or is it just a Random 50-50 thing.
Anyone?

# 144 bogart69 @ 05/05/09 11:46 AM
Ian, long time Madden fan ( I am an older gamer ) and from what I have been reading and seeing it appears they have the right guy on the job ! Where have you been all this time ?

I was starting to lose faith in the franchise but things are starting too look promising again.. Keep your focus on making this game as realistic as possible and make this the best Madden of them all..

# 145 CzecHitYou @ 05/05/09 12:27 PM
Quote:
Anyone?
Wish I knew..darn.

# 146 Candyman5 @ 05/05/09 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzecHitYou
Wish I knew..darn.
Yeah, I really would like to know about this.

# 147 Candyman5 @ 05/15/09 06:27 PM
Bump:

Umm Ian, Could you answer one question for me though if you could? You said your team has incorperated this into the game now, could ya explain how the CPU logic works for me? Like is it a percentage problem depending on how many of each team in on the Fumble, or is it based on Ratings? Or is it just a Random 50-50 thing.

# 148 Ian_Cummings @ 05/15/09 06:45 PM
Quote:
Bump:

First person there gives a big boost, number of people involved and their strength ratings / weights also balance the CPU stuff. Again if you are mashing, on pro mode it's pretty easy right now, and all-pro / all-madden is much more difficult. Maybe we should have added a slider for how good they are. Oh well...next year.

# 149 Smoke316 @ 05/15/09 07:37 PM
Good answer ian lol

# 150 Candyman5 @ 05/15/09 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
First person there gives a big boost, number of people involved and their strength ratings / weights also balance the CPU stuff. Again if you are mashing, on pro mode it's pretty easy right now, and all-pro / all-madden is much more difficult. Maybe we should have added a slider for how good they are. Oh well...next year.
Thank you Ian. Thanks for the reply.

# 151 Jackedup97 @ 05/15/09 07:47 PM
will it be on or off for ranked games?

# 152 Valdarez @ 05/15/09 07:48 PM
Will we see any flags thrown from a pile up? Perhaps a giving him the business call?

I know it's not NFL, but it's great.

# 153 CLEAR17 @ 05/15/09 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Oh well...next year.
Ian, your not allowed to talk like that. Thats the attitude David Ortiz seemed to have. Oh well maybe you are being sneaky again.

# 154 WildFan22 @ 05/15/09 08:01 PM
Instead of tapping wouldn't it make more sense to make it like a lock picking miny game used in games like splinter cell. Instead button mashing it would actually take a little stick skill. You would rotate the sticks until the controller rumbled which ment you were touching the ball. During pile ups your blindly grabbing for the ball.

Do you think that would work?

# 155 NYyankz225 @ 05/15/09 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Will we see any flags thrown from a pile up? Perhaps a giving him the business call?

I know it's not NFL, but it's great.

Ah but this is the classic. From the NFL . Ian if we see it on Sunday it's in Madden, right? Give us the "Givin' him the business" call!

# 156 Valdarez @ 05/15/09 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
Ah but this is the classic. From the NFL . Ian if we see it on Sunday it's in Madden, right? Give us the "Givin' him the business" call!
Yeah! That's the one. That would be awesome to get the ref animation where he does the little punch and says he was 'giving him the business down there'!

# 157 StevieTheD @ 05/16/09 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFan22
Instead of tapping wouldn't it make more sense to make it like a lock picking miny game used in games like splinter cell. Instead button mashing it would actually take a little stick skill. You would rotate the sticks until the controller rumbled which ment you were touching the ball. During pile ups your blindly grabbing for the ball.

Do you think that would work?
That is pretty much what I proposed a while ago. The movement of the sticks could emulate the frantic movement of your arms to find, grab, and tug away the ball - at least more so than button mashing.

...no one seemed to like that idea.

I like the current system but think using the sticks here could be good.

# 158 thudias @ 05/16/09 01:40 PM
shaping up just fine ..and a perfect answer to a great question...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.