Home
Madden 2010 News Post

We're having some export problems today - the ball keeps showing up rotated 90 degrees in the guys hands. In the meantime, I can show one run style that was slightly adjusted by Simon...this one is still in progress but I figured people would like to see it and give feedback.

Thoughts?

Also to compare, I uploaded the sprinter style (that no one seems to like)...this is the 09 version so hopefully I'll have a comparison video of the new one soon once we sort out Simon's export problems.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 MCNABB51BOI @ 05/01/09 08:56 PM
keller is a TE he isnt gonna look as graceful as a RB . then theres the whole thing Adrian P. willie parker , marion barber all run hard alot of movement , then you got a elusive back like westbrook or warrick dunn. if you look at those small backs they run so low amd have that lean forward .

# 102 Valdarez @ 05/01/09 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I do think the run animation is getting better.

But to be honest...it still looks "choppy" I guess is the word I'd use. It just doesn't look as smooth and fluid as I'd like to see.
You've just hit on my number one issue with Madden visually. That's a general problem with Madden that I typically see in the gameplay, but not in the replays. I hope we can get an explanation of why it occurs if not have it addressed in madden 10. IMHO out side of the gameplay, this is the biggest thing they can fix to lure 2K fans back to Madden.

# 103 MCNABB51BOI @ 05/01/09 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Get a picture of a player in pads full sprint, they tend to run slightly different than when they have just underarmor on.
yea i agree , you cant compare 40s at a combine to full pads

# 104 carolina_boi @ 05/01/09 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCNABB51BOI
yea i agree , you cant compare 40s at a combine to full pads
yeah thats true !

# 105 AnthonyPhillips @ 05/01/09 09:05 PM
It looks great to me.

# 106 MCNABB51BOI @ 05/01/09 09:08 PM
i wanna see it full speed from a side and behind view it looks like the 01 video with a little bit of limp . ibut im def down with that 09 i couldnt play with that. and i hope fixing the running style will bring back the days of breaking ankles with your stick. instead of pushing jukes and bs

# 107 polamalu82 @ 05/01/09 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
You've just hit on my number one issue with Madden visually. That's a general problem with Madden that I typically see in the gameplay, but not in the replays. I hope we can get an explanation of why it occurs if not have it addressed in madden 10. IMHO out side of the gameplay, this is the biggest thing they can fix to lure 2K fans back to Madden.
Them videos showing the differences in Madden 09 running animations were good. The in game running was bad, but the running for the Madden IQ was a lot more fluid. Something is funny about that. I would love to hear an explanation to why that is. Is it due to a frame rate drop in-game or something?

# 108 bonannogiovanni @ 05/01/09 09:10 PM
Quote:
I do agree, the animation is getting better, but it's still choppy, it's time to get it smooth. I wonder why animations in the green backgroud looked smoother....

# 109 Valdarez @ 05/01/09 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalu82
Them videos showing the differences in Madden 09 running animations were good. The in game running was bad, but the running for the Madden IQ was a lot more fluid. Something is funny about that. I would love to hear an explanation to why that is. Is it due to a frame rate drop in-game or something?
I think you are referring to the simulator right? I'm willing to be you money that they have some type of blurring turned on, or some type of fine tuning (used to make the other models look more crisp) turned off. There's something that makes the models look less precise which leads to a more fluid animation. That's why I was suggesting turning the blurring on during gameplay and perhaps only trigger it in the replay if play at normal game speed (not when using the trigger to go a a different speed).

# 110 polamalu82 @ 05/01/09 09:20 PM
Quote:
I think you are referring to the simulator right? I'm willing to be you money that they have some type of blurring turned on, or some type of fine tuning (used to make the other models look more crisp) turned off. There's something that makes the models look less precise which leads to a more fluid animation. That's why I was suggesting turning the blurring on during gameplay and perhaps only trigger it in the replay if play at normal game speed (not when using the trigger to go a a different speed).
Yeah I was talking about the simulator. It's just funny how last gen had fluidity and current gen is suffering. It's almost like the better the graphics get, and the more detail there is, the worse the gameplay and fluidity get. It's odd.

# 111 Ram209 @ 05/01/09 09:21 PM
Ian

I just saw the 2 videos and have not really read the reactions to them, but MY opinion is DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN that looks sick!!! That looks 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000times better, with just a little touch up it will look amazing. Really that is even BETTER than 2ks animation and as you know I am a 2k whore so thats saying a lot. Excellent Excellent job on the upgrade!

# 112 roadman @ 05/01/09 09:21 PM
Man, the differences between 09 and 10 are noticeable.

I've never been one to critique animations in either game or other games. I'm thanking others that do seem to have a critical eye for animations. I just don't have the time to stop, hit replay frame by frame and I wouldn't get through a season as it is with three kids.

# 113 DBoweshow8282 @ 05/01/09 09:55 PM
If we could get players to really get low in their first few steps especialy when bursting through a hole or into daylight, then a blend into new animation for when a player is still accelerating into that next gear, and have it blend into an upgraded version of the old animation for full sprint i would be a very happy man!

# 114 MCNABB51BOI @ 05/01/09 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
IMO...for whatever thats worth...the "new" animation looks like would be great for running and accelerating into full-speed, at which point I would actually love to see what it would look like to have the "new" animation blend into the "old" one...

acceleration to a sprint = use the adjusted animation
running at full sprint = use the old animation with less height on knee flexing...

As a side note, I admire the courage and forthrightness of the team under your direction Ian...its really quite amazing to see you guys putting yourselves out there like this. I know there are a few knuckleheads who are unappreciative of the effort, but I certainly DO appreciate it....keep plugging away guys, its paying dividends!
ya your right on. on the old-gen video if you look you can see like 3-4 different positions he is low , then he"ll acc, then he is up higher into a full sprint .

# 115 red butler @ 05/01/09 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoweshow8282
If we could get players to really get low in their first few steps especialy when bursting through a hole or into daylight, then a blend into new animation for when a player is still accelerating into that next gear, and have it blend into an upgraded version of the old animation for full sprint i would be a very happy man!
I agree, that would be sick.

# 116 tonynyy @ 05/01/09 10:03 PM

# 117 Exonerated @ 05/01/09 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoweshow8282
I believe the 09 version was far better for a full sprint. From a mechanical point of view, 09 version is the form where the player runs the fastest he possibly can. Knees horizontal. Thats amazing. Core body unmovable . Thats excellent. Head not churning like an idiot, perfect.

If it could blend from the M10 animation, and the M09 animation trigger only when in open space, that would be perfect.

# 118 DBoweshow8282 @ 05/01/09 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I believe the 09 version was far better for a full sprint. From a mechanical point of view, 09 version is the form where the player runs the fastest he possibly can. Knees horizontal. Thats amazing. Core body unmovable . Thats excellent. Head not churning like an idiot, perfect.

If it could blend from the M10 animation, and the M09 animation trigger only when in open space, that would be perfect.
I see what your saying and agree to a certain point, but the the problem i have with the 09 animation is that it is too perfect/robotic. Football players (for the most part) dont have perfect form like this for a couple reasons. One is they have pads on weighing them down a bit, they may be a little fatigued, and another is that they arent coached to have perfect form, so most of them run however feels natural. I do however feel that if the 09 animation was made a little more natural/organic it could be a great open field sprint animation.

On somewhat of a side note, i would love to see running animations show the fatige of a player. For example, when AP is at full energy you can tell he has a bounce in his step and has strong strides. On the other hand when a player is fatigued he should have a little more forward lean and struggle to the way he's running for example James Harrison in the SB.

# 119 The Lob Mob @ 05/01/09 10:31 PM
This is the 1st thing I've seen related to Madden 10 that has slightly impressed me. . .

# 120 blklightning @ 05/01/09 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I mean look how fast Chad Johnson's feet are moving in the first part of this vid:

he just glided into the endzone. that's how it should look for a guy like chad. this makes the updated vid in the op look even worse, especially for a wide receiver.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.