Home
Madden 2010 News Post

We're having some export problems today - the ball keeps showing up rotated 90 degrees in the guys hands. In the meantime, I can show one run style that was slightly adjusted by Simon...this one is still in progress but I figured people would like to see it and give feedback.

Thoughts?

Also to compare, I uploaded the sprinter style (that no one seems to like)...this is the 09 version so hopefully I'll have a comparison video of the new one soon once we sort out Simon's export problems.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 MCNABB51BOI @ 05/02/09 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_boi
THIS IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE !!! and this is last gen.. wow ! Also, check out 2k5 running animations.. thoae are awsome as well. I got faith in EA this year. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN !!!

YEA its perfect the runner is low the comes up as he accelerates. the 09 would be ok for some guys in full stride. we def need it to be low then come up higher as they go

# 142 NYyankz225 @ 05/02/09 11:59 AM
I think another thing that the old gen Madden video highlighted is that players should prepare for the hit by lowering their bodies before contact! I think this would create a much more seamless animation system. Rather than having a sprinting animation cut abruptly into a tackling situation, their should be some preparation animations before contact is made. Each player should "prepare" themselves for contact before the actual animation starts. Not sure if 09 does this to be honest but it was just a thought I had. It'd be great if Ian could get this in if it's not.

# 143 Carolina Panthers @ 05/02/09 01:03 PM
why are ppl complainin about the speed of that cotchery he is not that fast

# 144 Valdarez @ 05/02/09 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Panthers
why are ppl complainin about the speed of that cotchery he is not that fast
Madden '09 has been slowed down, so when you see the '10 animation right along side the '09 one, it looks like he's moving slower than what he really will be when compared to the other players on the field in '10. I honestly wouldn't worry about the speed aspect. The feet and arms are moving in unison, which is the important part.

# 145 4solo @ 05/02/09 01:43 PM
I agree with alot of people on here b/c the first style is a more natural football running style esp when in traffic, looking for holes, and expecting contact from defenders. (Arms could be a little tighter) The "sprint" style can also be used when someone is running from the pack but i still think the sprint style could use a little more movement just not as much as the first b/c it like he is running the 40 yard dash with pads on and u just don't get to open up in full all out track sprint in football. Most people only run like that when running the 40 only b/c u have been trained to run like that in that setting b/c it is effecient. But when on the field u revert to a more natural running style. Also if there could be a transition between the two style i think it would become very unique and close to perfect. Great job guys!

# 146 Valdarez @ 05/02/09 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
It's not so much about the sprinting animation as people are making it out to be. If there isn't some different prep/transition type animations in place, the running won't look natural no matter what they change the sprinting animation to.
I agree on needing better transition animations, but that sprint animation was definitely messed up.

http://www.operationsports.com/Valda...ing-animation/

or

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...animation.html

# 147 RJTheDestroyer @ 05/02/09 04:44 PM
This looks so much better than the 09 running style, but I do agree that it doesn't really look like he's sprinting like others have said.

# 148 Valdarez @ 05/02/09 04:56 PM
The only you really see players doing something close '09 run animation (run, not sprint, there is a difference) is when they are running without pads or when they are in the open field and there is no chance of someone tackling them. Even then, it's only a chance, as running styles vary. The new animation looks so much better (though it still needs work) especially when running through the backfield and/or tacklers.

# 149 CM Hooe @ 05/02/09 06:13 PM
I honestly think that the "sprinter" running style should be kept for the fastest players, but used only when they are sprinting in the open field on a breakaway. Just my two cents though.

# 150 spankdatazz22 @ 05/02/09 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I believe the 09 version was far better for a full sprint. From a mechanical point of view, 09 version is the form where the player runs the fastest he possibly can. Knees horizontal. Thats amazing. Core body unmovable . Thats excellent. Head not churning like an idiot, perfect.

If it could blend from the M10 animation, and the M09 animation trigger only when in open space, that would be perfect.
I kinda agree w/your point. The new anim is improved but doesn't give much of a sense of speed. But until it's viewed in game situations it's hard to tell. If the anims have better/more transitions when going from slow movement to fast movement it should be cool. New anim's movement does have a more natural look than '09 anim

# 151 Playakev21 @ 05/02/09 08:29 PM
Not to bash you or anything, but leaning backwards while running 100 percent top speed is scientificly IMPOSSIBLE. Go outside and run full speed while leaning backwards you might feel like your going fast but your actually slowing yourself down. Ive seen runners lean all the way back and that is only when they have exhausted every ounce of energy in there body and EVERYTIME i see that they ALWAYS get caught at the end because they might feel like there running faster by leaning back but there actually lowering there speed. IF you dont believe me look up the science of speed its a DVD even when a runner is at top speed it might look like hes running up right to the eye but speed of movement is quicker then the eye can react so your actually moving with a slight forward movement hence the lowered center of gravity?!

# 152 Avii @ 05/03/09 07:47 AM
Hi Ian,

Taking Pro Evolution Soccer 6 as example, why are there not different running styles which are selectable (on the create-a-player or edit-player modes)? Chris Johnson, for example, does not run in the same way as Adrain Peterson or DeSean Jackson. In fact, none of these guys run the same.

In fact, there are many general ideas that go a long way towards what we all want from Madden, which is CUSTOMIZATION, that you can glance upon in the Create A Player mode of Pro Evolution Soccer 6.

# 153 jvaccaro @ 05/03/09 09:55 AM
The new running animation makes the guy appear a little slower, like he's a bit tired, or preparing for impact. There is definitely a better sense of weight and momentum.

However, the old 2009 animation really looked like an effortless sprinter taking off. This should be kept and utilized for those rare speed talents that have that extra gear. In the open field, Randy Moss should have the 09 animation, and the DBs chasing him would use that new animation.

# 154 Fetter21 @ 05/03/09 11:22 AM
Personally I liked the 09 running animation much better. I suppose I prefer the sprinter look to the laboring look, especially if someone is in the open field.

# 155 viewtifuljoe71 @ 05/03/09 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetter21
Personally I liked the 09 running animation much better. I suppose I prefer the sprinter look to the laboring look, especially if someone is in the open field.
Yea, but you cant have the sprinters animation when running in traffic. You need the new one. In the sprinting animation they need to lower the knees, make the legs churn a little faster and make the legs kick out the back more.

# 156 The Man 451 @ 05/03/09 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtifuljoe71
Yea, but you cant have the sprinters animation when running in traffic. You need the new one. In the sprinting animation they need to lower the knees, make the legs churn a little faster and make the legs kick out the back more.
This. The legs just aren't moving fast enough for a sprint in either vid. Watch someone sprint down the field, their legs are pumping up and down incredibly fast. Even slower players.

# 157 MCNABB51BOI @ 05/03/09 01:44 PM
i hope they fix the way guys turn / cut on the game. playing PS2 the jumping to nex-gen they way a guy cuts on a dime . combined with the way they run makes i very wierd to move .

# 158 raidersbball20 @ 05/03/09 07:07 PM
it is a good improvement, but still needs to be adjusted

# 159 arden_05 @ 05/03/09 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avii
Hi Ian,

Taking Pro Evolution Soccer 6 as example, why are there not different running styles which are selectable (on the create-a-player or edit-player modes)? Chris Johnson, for example, does not run in the same way as Adrain Peterson or DeSean Jackson. In fact, none of these guys run the same.

In fact, there are many general ideas that go a long way towards what we all want from Madden, which is CUSTOMIZATION, that you can glance upon in the Create A Player mode of Pro Evolution Soccer 6.
Agreed, the updated running style looks great by the way. But it would be great to be able to customize running style through edit or create-a-player as everyone doesn't run the same.

# 160 R3ll @ 05/03/09 09:05 PM
lets see different angles..and it is an improvement but now it looks like he runs a 40 in 5 seconds...it needs a sense of weith and speed depending on its ratings and size and weight

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.