Home
News Post

According to a post at the EA Forums, this might be the final roster for Fight Night Round 4.

Quote:
Mike Tyson
Muhammed Ali
Ricky Hatton
Sugar Ray Robinson
Thomas Hearns
Miguel Cotto
Shane Mosley
Jake Lamotta
Marvin Hagler
Roy Jones Jr
Carlos Monzon
Jermain Taylor
Kelly Pavlik
Manny Pacquaio
Pernell Whitaker
Julio Cesar Chavez
George Foreman
Joe Fraizer
Lennox Lewis
Sugary Ray Leonard
James Toney
Roberto Duran
Marco Antonio Barrera
Amin Askanien
Paulie Maliganggi
Kermit Cintron
Eddie Chambers
Arturo Gatti
Tommy Morrison
Corey Spinks
Sergio Mora
Fernando Montiel
Jorge Amando Arce Arementa
Anthony Mundine
Emannuel Augustus
Vinny Paz
Vivian Harris
Billy Dib
Diego Corrales
Erik Morales
Nate Campbell
Ronald Winky Wright
Yuriokis Gamboa
Nonito Donaire
Arthur Abraham
Joe Calzaghe
Robert Gurrero
Edwin Valero
Victor Ortiz

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 WeLLWeLL @ 05/03/09 10:16 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

# 2 Parasight @ 05/03/09 10:58 PM
Ugh, no JMM. Valero is nice though. Not that impressive of a roster, to be honest.

Edit: Holy crap, I just realized there's no Hopkins! Surprising omission.

# 3 Bronk_Bonin @ 05/04/09 12:04 AM
First off, overall good list.

I would venture to guess that some of the favorites (Hopkins, DLH, Ward, Hoyfield) in FN3 will come via DLC in FN4. They had their rights in FN3, it would seem that would stay with the franchise. It makes a lot of sense to me. They can turn a $60 game into a $80 just by adding a dozen or so fighters. As much as I hate that, I'll be throwing down the cash day 1. Having Gatti in the game without Ward present is like having Buffalo Wings without the bleu cheese. I read a post on the EA board that someone envisioned EA releasing a DLC boxer pack with Juan Manuel Marquez and PBF after release, right before their match up. I could see that happening and it would be a smart release on EA's behalf. Floyd coming back will raise the buzz around boxing and EA may capitolize on that. A possible fight with PBF & Pac will do a lot for the sport. I can't underestimate how big that fight will be. I'll say it again, biggest fight in the sport since Tyson. The stars have aligned for EA because they're releasing this game and the sport of boxing is starting to heat up all at the same time.

# 4 sva91 @ 05/04/09 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronk_Bonin
First off, overall good list.

A possible fight with PBF & Pac will do a lot for the sport. I can't underestimate how big that fight will be. I'll say it again, biggest fight in the sport since Tyson. The stars have aligned for EA because they're releasing this game and the sport of boxing is starting to heat up all at the same time.
Dont wanna get off topic, but do you think a Pac-PBF fight would surpass the DLH-Trinidad fight in terms of sales?? I was thinking this has to be the biggest fight since then, but I dont know if these 2 have the star power of Oscar and Tito? I really hope they make the fight happen.

# 5 Murkzilla @ 05/04/09 04:06 AM
Nice to see EA showing some love to the great number of British Boxers past and present... oh wait!

Where's Eubank, Mcguigan, Hamed, Benn, Collins, Honeyghan, Froch, Bruno ?!

Not impressed with that if it is the final roster at all.

# 6 MARTZball @ 05/04/09 04:20 AM
Wow! I am a massive boxing fan, been around the ring since I could walk (old man trained boxers) and the name that stuck out as I scanned through the list: Anthony Mundine (pictured below on the right).

Choc doesn't belong on this list, I am first to admit that, though I am a massive Anthony Mundine fan - haven't missed a fight since his journey began after quitting rugby league.

Mundine is someone you love or hate, I am the former, though at the same time don't agree with a lot of the tripe he has to say. Mundine tries to be someone he ain't and comes off looking like a tool more often than not. Mundine also has to tackle the USA, until he fights some names, he is nobody on the world stage (pains me to say it, though it's true).

Outside of my man Mundine, Mike Tyson being there is great. Can't for this game.

Guys I would like to see approached: Prince Naseem, Mayweather Jnr, Kostya Tyszu, Vic Darchinyan

# 7 Vast @ 05/04/09 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Here's the POSSIBLE FINAL roster according to this.
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/229707.page

Mike Tyson
Muhammed Ali
Ricky Hatton
Sugar Ray Robinson
Thomas Hearns
Miguel Cotto
Shane Mosley
Jake Lamotta
Marvin Hagler
Roy Jones Jr
Carlos Monzon
Jermain Taylor
Kelly Pavlik
Manny Pacquaio
Pernell Whitaker
Julio Cesar Chavez
George Foreman
Joe Fraizer
Lennox Lewis
Sugary Ray Leonard
James Toney
Roberto Duran
Marco Antonio Barrera
Amin Askanien
Paulie Maliganggi
Kermit Cintron
Eddie Chambers
Arturo Gatti
Tommy Morrison
Corey Spinks
Sergio Mora
Fernando Montiel
Jorge Amando Arce Arementa
Anthony Mundine
Emannuel Augustus
Vinny Paz
Vivian Harris
Billy Dib
Diego Corrales
Erik Morales
Nate Campbell
Ronald Winky Wright
Yuriokis Gamboa
Nonito Donaire
Arthur Abraham
Joe Calzaghe
Robert Gurrero
Edwin Valero
Victor Ortiz
If that is the real roster I'd be ecstatic. Having Joe Calzaghe, Arthur Abraham, and Nonito Donaire in the game really makes it a great roster in my opinion. Of course i'd love for Floyd, DLH, Holyfield, Haye and a few others to be in it but I'd be happy with that roster.

# 8 HotSauce2k3 @ 05/04/09 05:42 AM
Man... no Marquez bros... Izzy Vasquez... Prince Naseem... come on.

# 9 TDKing @ 05/04/09 08:50 AM
Rocky Marciano ?

# 10 Blitzburgh @ 05/04/09 09:09 AM
Eh- missing alot of great fighters, Floyd, klitschko brothers, oscar and many more...http://boxing.about.com/od/history/a/50_greatest.htm

# 11 knicks69 @ 05/04/09 09:39 AM
No Joe Lewis ?

# 12 Sancheezy @ 05/04/09 09:47 AM
NO Felix Tito Trinidad? I call BS

# 13 ausar72 @ 05/04/09 10:23 AM
Man, you guys are crazy!!!

You can't have EVERY boxer in the game. But just for the simple fact that we FINALLy have Tommy Hearns and Mike Tyson in the game along with the others, makes the greatest roster thus far in the series (name a better one).

Not only is the roster the largest, but they have additional boxers that may be added via DLC AND they have the photo-face feature that should give the create a boxer feature a bump up in quality.

I'm excited for this game.

# 14 Motown @ 05/04/09 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72

You can't have EVERY boxer in the game. But just for the simple fact that we FINALLy have Tommy Hearns and Mike Tyson in the game along with the others, makes the greatest roster thus far in the series (name a better one).

Not only is the roster the largest, but they have additional boxers that may be added via DLC AND they have the photo-face feature that should give the create a boxer feature a bump up in quality.

I can almost guarantee you( barring some kind of catastrophic event) i'll have spot on CABS that I'll drop in here bro.

# 15 ausar72 @ 05/04/09 12:00 PM
Hey, I look forward to seeing some of the creations that are gonna pop-up. I'm waiting on a blog or something to feature the CAB tool so we can see how in-depth it really is.

# 16 Parasight @ 05/04/09 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
this is why the UFC game is great, its got all the guys you want including great fighters in the past that are no longer even in the UFC like Ortiz & Cro Cop. Although Couture & Clay Guida havent been mentioned as being in that game its possible they are just unlockable people you win.

But this FN roster left off too many of the top fighters out there. No Paul Williams, Mayweather, JMM, Hopkins, Berto, Klitschkos and even Oscar & Tito. Its great that they finally have Tyson but was Tommy Morrison really needed?
To be fair, it's a lot easier for UFC to have such a deep roster because all the fighters are signed to the company. Whereas in boxing the developers have to license each boxer separately.

# 17 fistofrage @ 05/04/09 02:53 PM
I'd be pleasantly suprised if that had that many boxers.

I hope the have name recognition. I just can't get over every created boxer being called the Assassin.

# 18 JayBee74 @ 05/04/09 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Its great that they finally have Tyson but was Tommy Morrison really needed?
Why not? I think he's a great addition to the game. Great left hook, glass jaw-a lot of potential interesting matchups there.

# 19 aholbert32 @ 05/04/09 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72

When did they confirm additional DLC boxers.

# 20 JayBee74 @ 05/04/09 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
When did they confirm additional DLC boxers.
strictly a rumor

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.