Home
Madden 2010 News Post

EA has posted another Madden NFL 10 blog. This time Ian takes a deeper look into PRO-TAK.

Quote:
"Welcome back to another Monday blog Madden fans! Talk about an eventful couple of weeks in Madden-land…our first Season Preview event on Thursday 4/24, our cover athletes revealed on Friday 4/25 (including a cool guest appearance by Larry Fitzgerald on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon), the NFL Draft, and last week we even released a blog on the Wildcat formation. We’re hard at work trying to finish the game while still balancing our media release schedule, so with this week’s blog, it seemed like a good opportunity to dive deeper into one of our most important gameplay features for the year: PRO-TAK."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Bgamer90 @ 05/04/09 05:40 PM
The more news I hear about pro-tak, the more that it amazes me. Great blog. The block steering looks great.

# 42 PolkaDot @ 05/04/09 05:41 PM
Great looking stuff.

Ian, the Lendale White stuff at the goalline reminded me of something I've felt Madden has needed for years.

Are there any animations where defenders 'pull' back the ballcarrier? Too many times in goalline situations, I've seen defenders tackle ballcarriers into the endzone

Protak looks like it's got some elements of it, but it's difficult to tell from those two videos.

# 43 Hotlanta @ 05/04/09 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG34
Ian i really liked how u can steer a defensive of lineman away from the qb. I used to hate when u had like a julius peppers who can rush the qb and cant be touched by the offensive tackle.

I also loved the brandon Jacobs vid. cause in 09 he was less powerful then in real life. now with the new pro tech. could this adapt to any running back besides power back. say ur like Ahmad bradshaw could u be able to like sneek ur way out of the pile if ur like a small elusive running back? can u give us a hint on next week blog.
Might have missed this from the blog?
Quote:
Keeping with the spirit of the breakout system from 09, we extended the ball-carrier’s ability to break out of tackles so that you can even shed these large gang tackles… This means as a ball carrier you can seek the daylight and “fight for every yard” by breaking out of this large mass of defenders. Now don’t panic, it isn’t going to be an easy thing to do (as this happens maybe only a few times per season in the NFL), but we did want to make sure it was possible to shed multiple tacklers with a skilled back, especially if you can find a direction to sneak out of that doesn’t have a defender trying to hang on and bring you to the ground.

# 44 Disqo @ 05/04/09 05:42 PM
That was nice the only problem is I think Lendale would have trucked the first tackler

# 45 deltroy @ 05/04/09 05:43 PM
Fantastic blog thanks Ian!

# 46 Dawkins#20 @ 05/04/09 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaDot
Great looking stuff.

Ian, the Lendale White stuff at the goalline reminded me of something I've felt Madden has needed for years.

Are there any animations where defenders 'pull' back the ballcarrier? Too many times in goalline situations, I've seen defenders tackle ballcarriers into the endzone

Protak looks like it's got some elements of it, but it's difficult to tell from those two videos.
Good point but i don't want guys beingheld up when they shouldn't be.

Ian we understand its still work in progress we're just here to make sure things don't get missed. Then you guys being as responsive a team as you are will fix it, been amazing how much you can fix when you put your mind to it

# 47 lolfalconsbeatu @ 05/04/09 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG34
Ian i really liked how u can steer a defensive of lineman away from the qb. I used to hate when u had like a julius peppers who can rush the qb and cant be touched by the offensive tackle.

I also loved the brandon Jacobs vid. cause in 09 he was less powerful then in real life. now with the new pro tech. could this adapt to any running back besides power back. say ur like Ahmad bradshaw could u be able to like sneek ur way out of the pile if ur like a small elusive running back? can u give us a hint on next week blog.
yeah i think steering the d lineman was the most impressive thing...i feel like the ign videos really prepared me for everything that was being mentioned..but the DL/OL steering was very impressive..

# 48 dougdeuce @ 05/04/09 05:43 PM
good eye

# 49 MoL2k @ 05/04/09 05:43 PM
...Did anyone else catch the little blurb at the end...Could we see late hits?

"What PRO-TAK gang tackling allows is that as a gamer I can now add-on to an existing tackle before the knees hit the ground (and even after that as well…more on that later) to nearly ALWAYS change the result of the play"

# 50 Droopy03 @ 05/04/09 05:44 PM
THATS WHATS GOOD

# 51 Glorious Arc @ 05/04/09 05:44 PM
The good

The videos were overall good. I liked how players stacked onto the gang tackle.

The Blocking looks like real football. Huge plus there.

The bad

Lendale White had 5 yards to pick up speed and went from moving to dead stopped on the goaline. You can see his feet shift from under him to behind him and it looks like he is magicly being held in place as moves his feet to push. I dont know if you were just trying to have him walk up to the line and didnt try and truck Landy but IRL White would have dropped his shoulder and foward momentum would have carried him into the endzone.

# 52 Scott @ 05/04/09 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoL2k

"What PRO-TAK gang tackling allows is that as a gamer I can now add-on to an existing tackle before the knees hit the ground (and even after that as well…more on that later) to nearly ALWAYS change the result of the play"
Late hits are in.

# 53 J-Unit40 @ 05/04/09 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoL2k

Oooooh. Nice catch. That would be sweet if there were late hits. Nothing like an undisciplined gamer costing his virtual squad 15 yards.

# 54 bang911 @ 05/04/09 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Oooooh. Nice catch. That would be sweet if there were late hits. Nothing like an undisciplined gamer costing his virtual squad 15 yards.
They have been confirmed already.

# 55 bonannogiovanni @ 05/04/09 05:49 PM
Is it me or animations in the ANT run waaaaay smoother than in game? Is there a reason why Ian?

# 56 bang911 @ 05/04/09 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
yeah i think steering the d lineman was the most impressive thing...i feel like the ign videos really prepared me for everything that was being mentioned..but the DL/OL steering was very impressive..
Me too, I feel like I knew most of the details in the blog before hand. The DL/OL steering was the hightlight of the blog IMO. I am sure there will be some more great strides being made in the next weeks.

# 57 Ian_Cummings @ 05/04/09 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Is it me or animations in the ANT run waaaaay smoother than in game? Is there a reason why Ian?
I think that's actually just my video capture / compression...it's pretty choppy capturing from HD. I'm still working on finding better settings.

# 58 Hotlanta @ 05/04/09 05:52 PM
Where was I for this confirmation. I know it's probably gonna be hard to do but this is one of the first things I'm attempting. lol

# 59 da bucs gm @ 05/04/09 05:52 PM
I post this on other site and some guy said this

"
Those "Pro-Tak" videos look lame as hell. It's the same crap that's already in the game now, with the only difference being that they've added the ability for more than 2 people to pile onto the defender.

The folks over at NaturalMotion are going to absolutely embarass EA Tiburon's pitiful attempt at a tackling system when Backbreaker is released (hopefully this year or early next).

lol

# 60 lolfalconsbeatu @ 05/04/09 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da bucs gm
I post this on other site and some guy said this

"
Those "Pro-Tak" videos look lame as hell. It's the same crap that's already in the game now, with the only difference being that they've added the ability for more than 2 people to pile onto the defender.

The folks over at NaturalMotion are going to absolutely embarass EA Tiburon's pitiful attempt at a tackling system when Backbreaker is released (hopefully this year or early next).

lol
lol hes lame

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.