Home
Backbreaker News Post

Will Backbreaker release in July?

Backbreaker screenshot gallery - Click to view Backbreaker screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Glorious Arc @ 05/06/09 06:20 PM
...Talk about sudden update...I am kinda laughing at those who said BB was dead though and it was fake that it would never be released blah blah blah. And now I have to figure out a way to save up money for NCAA and BB

Then after that...enough money to pick up Madden >_<

# 2 AndyBernard @ 05/06/09 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
...Talk about sudden update...I am kinda laughing at those who said BB was dead though and it was fake that it would never be released blah blah blah. And now I have to figure out a way to save up money for NCAA and BB

Then after that...enough money to pick up Madden >_<
if you scroll down on the link, it was supposed to come out in May 2009

# 3 J-Unit40 @ 05/06/09 06:23 PM
Huh. This thing really does have legs. Interesting.

# 4 canes21 @ 05/06/09 06:25 PM
How is this different from Gamestop saying the same? No dev has confirmed it yet. Or is VG different?

# 5 jfsolo @ 05/06/09 06:25 PM
Hopefully people will stop bringing up Backbreaker in the Madden forum,... Nah, I think that's too much to ask for.

# 6 PlatooN @ 05/06/09 06:25 PM
i'm gonna pick this game up for sure..why not? if it's garbage i'll trade it in for M10...going to get M10 regardless tho

# 7 Glorious Arc @ 05/06/09 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
if you scroll down on the link, it was supposed to come out in May 2009
They did say on their forum expect a lot of new info before E3. It would only make sense that its release date is coming soon.

# 8 billyboy316 @ 05/06/09 06:26 PM
anyone know how much this game will be? I might pick it up if it is cheap enough just to see how it plays.

# 9 dougdeuce @ 05/06/09 06:28 PM
i've completely stopped going to their website though since they update once every 2 years... with a July release date are they just waiting for E3 to "blow us all away"?

Good lord, why don't they keep us in the loop?

I hope this game is good, I will probably be purchasing both this and Madden... Definitely Madden though. I skipped buying Madden from 05 to 08 and have been severely disappointed since coming back. X360 has had no good football in... ever. Hope we double down this year.

Innovation is ALWAYS a good thing.

# 10 canes21 @ 05/06/09 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
i've completely stopped going to their website though since they update once every 2 years... with a July release date are they just waiting for E3 to "blow us all away"?

Good lord, why don't they keep us in the loop?

I hope this game is good, I will probably be purchasing both this and Madden... Definitely Madden though. I skipped buying Madden from 05 to 08 and have been severely disappointed since coming back. X360 has had no good football in... ever. Hope we double down this year.

Innovation is ALWAYS a good thing.
Update once every 2 years? They have been posting daily now.

# 11 dougdeuce @ 05/06/09 06:30 PM
Since when, I'm on my way there right now

# 12 lnin0 @ 05/06/09 06:35 PM
When are they going to learn. Just like APF before it a non-licensed game will get crushed releasing just before NCAA and Madden. By this time the EA hype train is moving to fast and nobody can get off without getting hurt.

Instead they need to wait until about 45 days after the release of Madden...just about when everyone is realizing that no matter how many things change it is still the same game. Work up a deal with Gamestop as well so your Madden trade in nets you an extra $10 off the purchase of BackBreaker.

Then you might actually put a dent in the market and make people think twice the next year...or at least make EA work for their money the next year.

# 13 roadman @ 05/06/09 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
When are they going to learn. Just like APF before it a non-licensed game will get crushed releasing just before NCAA and Madden. By this time the EA hype train is moving to fast and nobody can get off without getting hurt.

Instead they need to wait until about 45 days after the release of Madden...just about when everyone is realizing that no matter how many things change it is still the same game. Work up a deal with Gamestop as well so your Madden trade in nets you an extra $10 off the purchase of BackBreaker.

Then you might actually put a dent in the market and make people think twice the next year...or at least make EA work for their money the next year.
You are pretty certain EA didn't work for their $ this year?

# 14 PVarck31 @ 05/06/09 06:40 PM
Please keep Backbreaker info in the Backbreaker forum. Thanks.

# 15 bowdown2shadi @ 05/06/09 06:51 PM
I wish.

# 16 jjdogjjdog5162 @ 05/06/09 06:59 PM
They havent even announced a publisher for the game. I highly doubt that release date is correct. If it is, they have no idea how to promote a videogame(especially one that is going to be competing against madden). There has been VERY little amount of info released, and still, no 11 on 11 gameplay vids. Im guessing this game comes out in late nov/dec. By then, most people will be done with madden and wanting another football fix.

# 17 CreatineKasey @ 05/06/09 07:08 PM
I'd be very surprised if this game is released in 6 weeks. Jdog's argument sums it up well.

# 18 Steve_OS @ 05/06/09 07:24 PM
Topics moved/merged.

# 19 jWILL253 @ 05/06/09 07:58 PM
I can't wait for 2K fanboys to convert to Backbreaker and kiss NatralMotion's glutes. Me, I'll check it out. But, if Madden is gonna get scrutinized, then so is Backbreaker. Gonna be on it like a hawk on a pregnant flounder...

# 20 dal_hawk @ 05/06/09 09:34 PM
Thing I don't get is they have this new technology that is all about added realism in how tot he players move, tackle, run... yet they go with a football player design that is more similar to Blitz than any other simulation game I've seen.

I guess by simplifying the player design less of their smaller development team's time is burnt on making models realistic giving them more time to work on game play.

And about the mistake of not pressing the game early enough and it handicapping its chance for success... All Pro Football put much more than this has (yet way less than madden) and it still bombed.

But I think the longer EA holds exclusive rights, the more people will be willing to look for something that takes a different perspective. Having said that, it probably will still do horrible in sales.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.