Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has just posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers the rebirth of the flexbone offense.

Quote:
"Hello all, my name is Anthony White and I’m here to share with you all what work we did this year for the Flexbone offense. Going into our current development cycle for NCAA Football 10 our top playbook priority was making sure our version of the Flexbone offense is a more accurate representation of its real life counterpart. We didn’t necessarily want to just take what’s already in place on the Gen 2 versions of NCAA Football. Our goal was to take it above and beyond anything that had been done previously with the Flexbone offense on any platform."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Solidice @ 05/08/09 07:31 PM
here was a post made by Ben Haumiller over at NCAAStrategies.com about this blog.

Quote:
Hey Everyone,

To answer a couple of the questions that have come up, there were a couple of reasons why we did offense only for the videos. The main reason is that we wanted to focus on the actual movement of the play, which you can see best when the defense isn't on the field. This caused some obvious things that you won't see in normal game situations (i.e. O-Line not firing off the line, pulling guard staying behind the line of scrimmage). Another reason was that the capture equipment we had available at the time skips a bunch of frames on the playback when recording, which makes it extremely difficult to capture anything gameplay since you are pretty much playing blind. This isn't a situation where we were trying to mask anything; we were just trying to give some supporting visuals for the new formations/plays.

Also, while this was the focus of the post, there were a lot of other updates made, but we wanted to focus this post on an overhaul to a specific offensive style.

# 82 Millennium @ 05/08/09 07:40 PM
As the only Navy Football fan on these boards, and the only guy who uses them exclusively in any league I am in, I can only say one thing:

YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 83 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/08/09 08:12 PM
Sweet. It looks great. The info keeps making ncaa 10 look better and better. I can't wait to get it in 2 months.

# 84 Rocky @ 05/08/09 08:16 PM
Showing this with no defense is pointless.

# 85 J-Unit40 @ 05/08/09 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
When Urban Meyer went to Florida NCAA completely focused on revamping that PB and it was cool, but when Paul Johnson get's a similar upgrade it's not a priority? I'm a little shocked at the flexbone hate.
Let's look at reality here. Florida is one of the best programs in the country and Navy is well, Navy.

I still think the flexbone is cool. Look what GT did to UGA, Miami and FSU this year.

# 86 Hellisan @ 05/08/09 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows
I was REALLY hoping this was dealing with custom playbooks. We NEED custom playbooks for dynasty, adds so much replay value.
I really don't agree. I used to be in that boat. But I think that anybody can find a playbook in NCAA that lets them run a REALISTIC, EFFECTIVE offense.

I wouldn't want to have to play somebody that had a 50/50 Navy/Texas Tech playbook or some nonsense like that... I truly wouldn't.

# 87 nightcreeper @ 05/08/09 09:38 PM
omfg this might just be it guys...

# 88 miami01 @ 05/08/09 10:03 PM
The flexbone is one of the most fun formations to play as. My high school runs this formation and we have some of the same plays that they showed in the video. I will probably create my school and use them in dynasty, so I am glad to see the flexbone is updated.

Also, I am glad to see the game speed is faster. The main thing that made me mad about the game is that some people are fast, but the rest are extremely slow. It just didn't look real.

# 89 Wet Bandit @ 05/08/09 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
I really don't agree. I used to be in that boat. But I think that anybody can find a playbook in NCAA that lets them run a REALISTIC, EFFECTIVE offense.

I wouldn't want to have to play somebody that had a 50/50 Navy/Texas Tech playbook or some nonsense like that... I truly wouldn't.
Then why not just make custom playbooks not available in online play?

I see this 'problem' mentioned all the time, but it seems that there's an incredibly simple solution.

# 90 Hellisan @ 05/08/09 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
Then why not just make custom playbooks not available in online play?

I see this 'problem' mentioned all the time, but it seems that there's an incredibly simple solution.
Sure... Any feature that you can turn off is a good one

Make it so in online dynasties it's unavailable, or in random games be able to play only people that aren't using them... sure that'd work

# 91 blackscorpion11 @ 05/08/09 11:56 PM
Funny? still looks like the same tired running animation from last year.. I keep hearing about different changes to the game but not enough about actual gameplay and AI fixes?? that seems to be missing from the hype. Will you finally be able to recruit some leftover talent is youre san jose st?? Not enough 4 and 5 star players to recruit from, and what about player performance progression from freshman to senior?? where did that go??

The more blogs i read the more im wondering if this will still be an air-it out , robo-qb game? or will there finally be some dam defense

# 92 MrDhWhat @ 05/09/09 12:57 AM
with these plays gives for a good choice of calling for different situations.

# 93 zoltan @ 05/09/09 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Let's look at reality here. Florida is one of the best programs in the country and Navy is well, Navy.

I still think the flexbone is cool. Look what GT did to UGA, Miami and FSU this year.
first of all the only thing different in the gators playbook then any other playbook is gator heavy and slot f trips. they sucked at making the florida/ oregon/ WVU playbooks.

the only readon the flexbone got an update is because of what GT did with it.......... if GT would have sucked this year instead of beating good teams like georgia and stuff my guess is we wouldnt have seen nearly as much updates.

im glad for the flexbone, but i think spread option needs a WAY bigger overhaul.

# 94 matelee @ 05/09/09 01:17 PM
smooth! NCAA looks like it might be the sports game to beat again!

# 95 Sven Draconian @ 05/09/09 01:20 PM
The QB/FB mesh is way to fast. Thats been a problem in NCAA for a while now. The QB (even in Mocap) wasn't "reading" he just sorta sticks the ball there and then pulls the ball out. This is part of the reason the option has been effective, its run entirely too fast. If a team tried to mesh that fast in real life there would be fumbles all over the place.

They also didn't address the issues on the counter plays.

Basically, they added Rocket and Jet...woohoo. Still broken.

# 96 zoltan @ 05/09/09 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian
The QB/FB mesh is way to fast. Thats been a problem in NCAA for a while now. The QB (even in Mocap) wasn't "reading" he just sorta sticks the ball there and then pulls the ball out. This is part of the reason the option has been effective, its run entirely too fast. If a team tried to mesh that fast in real life there would be fumbles all over the place.

They also didn't address the issues on the counter plays.

Basically, they added Rocket and Jet...woohoo. Still broken.
have you seen the way the GTU reads in real life....... so fast.

i think they did a pretty good job, the counter plays are for shotgun teams i was told.. expect them to be announced in the shotgun blog if we have one.

# 97 dman1976 @ 05/09/09 02:41 PM
I hope robo QB is gone

# 98 Sven Draconian @ 05/09/09 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan
have you seen the way the GTU reads in real life....... so fast.

i think they did a pretty good job, the counter plays are for shotgun teams i was told.. expect them to be announced in the shotgun blog if we have one.
http://www.youtube.com/v/ZKlYm_hsuG4...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZKlYm_hsuG4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Check out 1:25 for the best true triple (I think theres one at 1:10 as well, but I can't tell if its a triple).

It's quick, but it's not instant.

# 99 stylee @ 05/10/09 01:55 PM
Shotgun option teams and under-center option teams use the same principles on many plays.

WV, Florida, and Wofford all run veer option from shotgun to varying degrees.

Load and speed options are present in both.

Simple, non-option trap plays.

But what really gets me about people saying "Oh, this only concern flexbone users" is that the principle of using unblocked defenders to make reads is used as an integral part of both the veer triple that flex, wishbone, and I-option teams run AND the zone read from shotgun that is the bread and butter of shotgun option teams.

And even the Pass Spread teams often have distinctly different approaches...Texas Tech and Hawaii being prime examples of how different Pass Spread teams can be.

# 100 janglar @ 05/10/09 03:45 PM
I'm glad they are redesigning the flexbone. I hope they fixed normal option plays so that the QB isn't quicksand running with a load in his pants

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.