Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Look at Maximum tackle and the suddenness in which the tackler arrives and the wealth of options in this system. The tackler comes to tackle not engage in a line dance. I know I don't know all the features to Pro Tak, when it comes to the actual tackle, but when you see this video, of ESPN NFL 2K5 tackle options you will understand why I critisize the grabbing for grabbing sake.

In 2k5 you could initiate the tackle with a wrap or a hit. I also like which wasn't mentioned in the video, you can choose whether or not you should wrap high or low by flicking the right stick up for high wrap tackle and flicking down for low wrap tackle and the next defender(s) attacks the ball carrier.

I'm not hating, I actually like the idea, I just want it to be aggressive and violent as it should be its a collision sport not contact and racing up to a ball carrier just to hold onto him just for looks, just doesn't look good.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox/...aximum-Tackle/

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 sooners52794 @ 05/09/09 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Okay...instead of just repeating what I said, how about telling me how that ISNT hypocritical?

It would be one thing if there was a ton of info out on BB and people were so excited, but I see a ton of people saying "Im not buying Madden until it proves itself", but go on to say "I cant wait until Backbreaker comes out"

That, my friend, is the very definition of a hypocrite.

I can understand BB has promise, and its fine that people are excited about it, but to say Madden has to prove itself, yet BB somehow does not...well, I dont know what to say to that.

And yes, Madden has a bad track record over the last few years, but BB has absolutely NO track record, and the company making it has NO track record of making football games. If it was a 2K sports game, itd be a little more understandable.

If people want to say BB is the Madden killer...fine, I just dont really want to see it here, at least until Madden 2010 AND Backbreaker come out in playable form and people can legitimately make that claim. Now, all it is is a ridiculous claim that cannot be backed up at all. I guess cooler tackles and physics is enough to win some people over, but there are no real info out on presentation, gameplay, franchise or online mode....all the things people on here are crushing Madden for.

So yes...SERIOUSLY....HYPOCRISY.
i think a majority of people will buy it for a change of pace, and thats really it. im puzzled myself of how backbreaker could even have a franchise lol, but im not a developer... and another thing, those things should already be SOLID when theyre modes based on the league that theyre trying to simulate! its not hypocricy when people want to buy a game to have a change of pace (that might not even be 60 dollars) because the things that they want changed are for the most part there. its not hypocricy when people want to rent a game like madden first to get a feel for it and see if its the expierence that they want before buying it because theyve been disapointed before, and to buy another game because theyve seen enough to be satisfied already, and dont have as high standards because its just a change of pace.

~~~~~~~

For example, youre an nfl team and you want to pick up two free agent rb's. runningback a is a solid backup, with adequate speed and lots of strength, and hes likely gonna get the job done, which is going to be get 5-10 carries a game. you sign him right away, right? then you have another runningback, a former first round pick who has had several mvp worthy seasons, but the past few years has torn both acl's and is just about done rehabbing. his future could go either way: he could come in and have a 1200+ yd season and his knees could get stronger than they were before. or he could tear both acl's again and be set back again and not be worth the money you spend. heres what i do-i take rb A because while he might not have as much upside, hes going to do his job that you expect, which might differ for teams but is generally the same-not starting. i would then work out runningback b and see if hes worth the money (like a demo for madden or renting madden, but you cant rent players lol) and if hes as good as it appears just because his knees appear to be healed. if hes not what i expec, i dont sign him (meaning another sad year of ps2 madden). or he does an excellent job, and his knees are as strong as i think they are, so i make the big investment of my hard earned 60 dollars in him and i am once again satisfied about buying 360 over ps3 despite previous dissapointments in madden and ncaa football and ps3 having arguably the greatest sports game ever concieved, you know....

# 102 TheWatcher @ 05/09/09 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmoob
TheWatcher, you claim to be objective but you've said nothing but bad things about BB when you (and all of us) have basically seen nothing about the game.
Nonsense.

Go back and read. I've said several times since I've been here that the tech being used for BB is great and that the game looks great. I've said it in this thread as well. But I am not going to sit here and profess blind love for a game that hasn't proven a damn thing yet because it hasn't had a single release yet. I'll let you do that because clearly that's your agenda.

Quote:
You should be neutral towards them. Yet, you ride on the p*nis of a game that has failed you 4 years in a row.

I smell fanboy.

Edit: Lol, I read the post again and realized you were just spewing a bunch of BS based on things you made up in that head of yours. Unbelievable.
What the hell are you talking about? That's such a classless statement, on top of it being incredibly inaccurate.

Have you read my signatures before my latest one up now? Did you read ANYTHING about what I did at community day? Obviously, you did not. Rather than running your mouth, take a second and READ for a change. If you had actually taken the time to read rather than running your mouth, you would know that I am a rabid 2K fan. I have absolutely hated Madden since after the 1998 game. I didn't get screwed for 4 years because 08 and 09 are the only Madden games I've purchased, and I rented 09 first because 08 was terrible!

You have no clue as to what you're talking about concerning me, but you insist on running your mouth as if you do

# 103 TheWatcher @ 05/09/09 07:27 PM
Quote:
Lol, you'll support Madden to no end, even though it screwed you 4 times, in the a**. You're just really uneducated in a lot of things.
"Uneducated on a lot of things"

LOL. I think anyone who has followed my posting or who knows me personally would disagree with your incredibly incorrect and absurd statement. But I'll let you believe that lie if it makes you feel better. Not a single thing I said concerning BB in that post was wrong, and the reason I can be 100% sure of it is because a lot of it comes from NM themselves. But now I guess THEY'RE wrong too and YOU'RE right? LOL. Like I said kid, keep believing lies.

Also, how am I "supporting Madden to no end?" Are you serious? You need to go ask somebody because you are completely wrong. You don't know what you're talking about. Again, stop running your mouth for a second on things you have no clue about concerning me, do a search, and read my posts about Madden. Unless you simply refuse to believe the truth you will think differently about me "supporting Madden to no end". I mean, the very idea of that is laughable, lol.

Anyway, I'm gonna say peace to you now because you're on my ignore list. I wish to have intelligent, mature conversations and for the most part I do get that here at OS. I don't come to get into BS and you clearly have a different agenda.

# 104 TheWatcher @ 05/09/09 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Valderez, just an FYI on who you are dealing with here. People take so many assumptions on the net.

The Watcher is avid 2k fan. He was one of the people that were chosen by Ian for CD. Ian selected a great person with constructive criticism of past Maddens.

The Watcher brought a game of 2k5 with him and announced to everyone that if Madden 10 wasn't as good as 2k5, he would start playing 2k5. 2k5 never came out of the case.

The Watcher can verify that with me when he returns, but that was the story that was told on CD.

The Watcher , to my knowledge, is not a fan of past Maddens.

Just an FYI.
All of that is true Road, and thanks for speaking on that

How did I suddenly become labeled as a fanboy? Did all of my countless posts trashing the problems in Madden disappear? Did I suddenly become a different guy? LOL. Are these people serious?

I think what may be clouding their judgement is that I also say something constructive in my posts about Madden rather than just exploding without explaining anything. It would be great if they tried that approach, too.

# 105 tennesseetitans @ 05/09/09 07:56 PM
I'm probably going to get Back Breaker just because of the technology under the hood (I love that kind of stuff), but having now seen the 11 on 11 running and passing game in motion, I can easily say that Back Breaker is not the simulation type game that I really want.

In fact, I'm not even sure why people are comparing M10 to BB. They are truly very different games. This year's Madden, more so than past years, is attempting to realistically portray the sport of football, as it is seen on the field in real life. BB is obviously putting more emphasis on the casual perception of football (big plays and big hits). There's room on the market for both, but they are not even in the same genre.

# 106 TheWatcher @ 05/09/09 08:32 PM
Quote:
He probably picked up the game for 50 cents at Gamestop on the way there.
^^^ Caught this while logging back in (unfortunately)... and there you go again running your mouth not knowing what you're talking about, LOL.

FYI, I created the NFL 2K5 Enhancement Pak back in 2006 (go read up on it) which was featured at the 2K Website for a quite a while and was all over the net. I also ran a board for it, and had a mail-in memory card service for loading the pak files for users from which I garnered literally thousands of users in the U.S. and several foreign countries (which actually surprised me).

You just don't know what you're talking about!

Dude, for your own sake, why don't you just give it up?

EDIT: I should just mention again that I cannot read anymore of your posts, and only caught this one because when you're not logged in the IL function is not in effect.

# 107 TheWatcher @ 05/09/09 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Actually I think we should go over each hit, because your statement is obscenely incorrect. The outcome look the same? As if his weight doesn't matter? That's the entire purpose of Euphoria. Are you sure your not watching tackling in Madden by mistake? In the IGN video I posted, the offensive player falls forward based on real world physics.

At :30 he gets hit and continues forward until hit again
At :32 again, he falls forward
At :37 seconds he falls forward (clearly)

Backbreaker at IGN.com

The only time he's not falling forward is when there is a clear / solid hit to the midsection, at which point both players stop, but movement is still a little forward, as would be expected.
You're missing the point. Falling forward is not the benchmark on how each outcome should be, lol. There is also a big difference between falling forward because you plowed through and used weight to do it, and being blown up forward, lol.

Further, there was no fight in the two-man gang tackles where he went backwards. He got hit, he went down, play over. You're telling me that a pro back goes down like that on a regular basis? C'mon.

The point is that the level of contact is extreme. You can attempt to do those things in other football games, but for the most part the ballcarriers reaction will not be a hard fall, being blown up every time. You cannot me tell that this isn't the case in that video. You've gotta be kidding me.

Try that in 2K5 or APF. You can't, and if you do the ballcarriers reaction will not be even nearly the same. There is a fight taking place especially in APF and that's pretty damn realistic. These tackles in BB look cool, but the blowing up is all extreme scenario stuff. All the stuff in the air... it's like they're part acrobats, lol.

Quote:
Did you even watch the entire video?
Yes, I've watched it many times over the past year and I disagree with you on how it translates. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Quote:
Your comments seem to be based off just a couple of the tackles.
Nope. My comments are based on all of them.

Quote:
As far as the NFL goes, I would wager it looks a lot more violent the closer you are to the action. I'm sure some of the guys who padded up can attest to that.
That can be said of any level of football. But at the same time, what's happening in every tackle in BB does not happen on every tackle in real life. BB is taking extremes and making them the norm. If that happened in real life on every tackle, Sportscenter would be 12 hours long, lol.

Quote:
Out of curiosity, do you honestly think Madden '09 accurately represeted the type of hitting/tackling you see on Sunday?
I think as of 09 it needs a lot of work and the game as a whole hasn't been what we see on Sunday's. Backbreaker looks like it's in the same boat, it just looks smoother.

Quote:
The lack of momentum in Madden has nothing to do with controls. It has do with how players move, pick up speed, change direction, finish out runs, and with relation to this thread - make tackles. There's absolutely no feel of momentum in Madden. If Madden is all you have played, then I can understand why you perceive there to be such a disparity between Madden and the videos we have on backbreaker, because they are literally night and day.
Wow. Where have you been? I think everybody knows that I'm a MASSIVE 2K fan. If anything, I have less of a point of reference with Madden over the past 10 years than I do with any other football games that have come out in that period.

Also, I'm going to have to disagree with the notion that control has nothing to do with momentum and all of that other stuff, and that may be because we have a different definition of what that means. I know for a fact that control feel can be modified in development which is what they've done for Madden 10. While there are plenty of new animations, a lot of things have been modified and along with that must be mods to response times... and you'll see what I mean when you play the game this season. They've done a very good job this year.

Nothing is perfect in any game, but the advancement with Madden is there this year.

# 108 tennesseetitans @ 05/09/09 08:57 PM
hmoob, there's no need to take things so personally. First you attack him personally, and then you attack him for his rebuttal. I've never seen a post by The Watcher to garner such hostility towards him (so what if he doesn't think BB is the be all end all), and he's been a part of a lot of important dialogue around here.

# 109 Valdarez @ 05/09/09 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
You're missing the point. Falling forward is not the benchmark on how each outcome should be, lol. There is also a big difference between falling forward because you plowed through and used weight to do it, and being blown up forward, lol.
First you said they have no weight, and now it's that they are being blown up forward. I definitely can't following your line of thought. If you watch the latest video posted (I posted a link somewhere just today) you'll see that there are normal tackles. Tackle Alley was obviously done to show case the more intense hits (something I was unsure of until I saw the latest video).

Quote:
Further, there was no fight in the two-man gang tackles where he went backwards. He got hit, he went down, play over. You're telling me that a pro back goes down like that on a regular basis?

The point is that the level of contact is extreme. You can attempt to do those things in other football games, but for the most part the ballcarriers reaction will not be a hard fall, being blown up every time. You cannot me tell that this isn't the case in that video. You've gotta be kidding me.
Tackle Alley doesn't equal real game footage. It was designed to show big hits, and, again, if you watch the vidoes, they don't go down every time. I even called out specific tackles from the video so we could be on the same page, but you chose to ignore them.

Quote:
Try that in 2K5 or APF. You can't, and if you do the ballcarriers reaction will not be even nearly the same. There is a fight taking place especially in APF and that's pretty damn realistic. These tackles in BB look cool, but the blowing up is all extreme scenario stuff. All the stuff in the air... it's like they're part acrobats, lol.
If you hit a guy square on, front to back, then 9/10 they are going to stop in their tracks. It's all about positioning though in APF2K8. I'd have to break down the tackles on case by case basis to validate the hits in tackle alley, but they didn't seem all that outlandish to me the first couple times I have watched it.

Quote:
Wow. Where have you been? I think everybody knows that I'm a MASSIVE 2K fan. If anything, I have less of a point of reference with Madden over the past 10 years than I do with any other football games that have come out in that period.
Sorry, don't know you from a hole in the wall. I have only been following APF2K8 intently, and I haven't seen you on the scene. I'll take your word on it though.

Quote:
Also, I'm going to have to disagree with the notion that control has nothing to do with momentum and all of that other stuff, and that may be because we have a different definition of what that means. I know for a fact that control feel can be modified in developement which is what they've done for Madden 10. While there are plenty of new animations, a lot of things have been modified and along with that must be mods to responses times... and you'll see what I mean when you play the game this season. They've done a very good job this year.
Everything can be modified in the game, but a players momentum should be visible and that's what I was pointing out. Point I was trying to get across is that it should be visible and felt, and Madden has failed to deliver on both those fronts thus far. I get what you are saying about response times, but those response times have to be represented by appropriate animations, turn cycles, starting/finishing of movement and such, and they aren't in Madden '09.

Quote:
Nothing is perfect in any game, but the advancement with Madden is there this year.
I hope so, it's the only NFL game we got.

# 110 adembroski @ 05/09/09 09:09 PM
Regarding the BB video; the back is tackled 11 times. Only 2 of those end up bringing him down by means other than initial violent contact. One of THOSE times the back was airborne and the tackler caught his legs. Virtually every tackle looked like Ronnie Lott on his best day hitting Warrick Dunn.

I have yet to see a tackle in BB that would not make a SportsCenter highlight reel, THAT'S the problem.

# 111 Valdarez @ 05/09/09 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Regarding the BB video; the back is tackled 11 times. Only 2 of those end up bringing him down by means other than initial violent contact. One of THOSE times the back was airborne and the tackler caught his legs. Virtually every tackle looked like Ronnie Lott on his best day hitting Warrick Dunn.

I have yet to see a tackle in BB that would not make a SportsCenter highlight reel, THAT'S the problem.
That's not true adembroski, you saw that new video with actual gameplay footage and it has normal tackles.

# 112 icomb1ne @ 05/09/09 09:26 PM
Quote:
That's not true amber, you saw that new video with actual gameplay footage and it has normal tackles.
I think we should put off talking about BB until we get some solid gameplay videos instead of basing it off these trailers which are most likely made to look cool/extreme on purpose. I am getting tired of having to read about BB based solely on speculation of short trailers!!! As of right now, there is not enough info to talk about it as much as we have been talking about it lately.

# 113 TheWatcher @ 05/09/09 09:27 PM
Quote:
First you said they have no weight, and now it's that they are being blown up forward. I definitely can't following your line of thought.
... Huh?

I don't see the confusion in that at all. I think what I've said is pretty clear. The fact that the blow ups are happening so frequently is the issue, my statements have spoken clearly to that problem. I think weight and bracing should prevent a lot of those. You don't see them as blow ups, I do. Some others in this thread do also. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Quote:
If you watch the latest video posted (I posted a link somewhere just today) you'll see that there are normal tackles. Tackle Alley was obviously done to show case the more intense hits (something I was unsure of until I saw the latest video).
Haven't seen it. I don't have quicktime, but I may download QT and take a look.

Quote:
Tackle Alley doesn't equal real game footage. It was designed to show big hits, and, again, if you watch the vidoes, they don't go down every time.
I didn't say "they go down everytime" in that way. I can see some hits being brushed off, that's clear. But each time a tackle happens it looks like there is no fight from the ballcarrier. You see it differently. We must agree to disagree.

I also should point out that NM staff stated publicly back when this hit, that it was indeed a representation of in-game action and that Tackle Alley was potentially going to be part of the game (probably as a return drill/mode). Whatever tweaking they did to it I heard nothing about, and it probably came after I stopped keeping up on the game as much.

Quote:
I even called out specific tackles from the video so we could be on the same page, but you chose to ignore them.
I did not ignore that at all. I read every line, but I fundamentally disagree with your view. That video does not represent routine occurences of football, that's my opinion.

Quote:
If you hit a guy square on, front to back, then 9/10 they are going to stop in their tracks. It's all about positioning though in APF2K8. I'd have to break down the tackles on case by case basis to validate the hits in tackle alley, but they didn't seem all that outlandish to me the first couple times I have watched it.
It's not that the tackles in TA don't happen in real life, it's the frequency at which they happen in TA. But it's not just TA. People have pointed this out in all of the videos they've shown with tackling, and the recent one that was on the PSN show or whatever is just more of that. Looked cool as hell, but still the same thing.

Quote:
Sorry, don't know you from a hole in the wall. I have only been following APF2K8 intently, and I haven't seen you on the scene. I'll take your word on it though.
I don't know you "from a whole in the wall" either, and because of that I wouldn't make a statement like the one you made a few pages back, because it clearly asserted a hypothetical that you might know, but you were very much mistaken

Quote:
Everything can be modified in the game, but a players momentum should be visible and that's what I was pointing out. Point I was trying to get across is that it should be visible and felt, and Madden has failed to deliver on both those fronts thus far. I get what you are saying about response times, but those response times have to be represented by appropriate animations, turn cycles, starting/finishing of movement and such, and they aren't in Madden '09.

I hope so, it's the only NFL game we got.
Agreed.

# 114 RGiles36 @ 05/09/09 10:12 PM
Quote:
I also should point out that NM staff stated publicly back when this hit, that it was indeed a representation of in-game action and that Tackle Alley was potentially going to be part of the game (probably as a return drill/mode). Whatever tweaking they did to it I heard nothing about, and it probably came after I stopped keeping up on the game as much.
Truth. I recall the NM staff mentioning this as well. In fact, it was a pretty 'big deal' when this trailer debuted b/c it was supposedly one of the trailers that was actually indicative of the on-field gameplay experience.

# 115 Valdarez @ 05/09/09 10:54 PM
Quote:
... Huh?

I don't see the confusion in that at all. I think what I've said is pretty clear. The fact that the blow ups are happening so frequently is the issue, my statements have spoken clearly to that problem. I think weight and bracing should prevent a lot of those. You don't see them as blow ups, I do. Some others in this thread do also. We'll have to agree to disagree.
It seems that weight would be necessary to carry them forward, and the lack of weight would justify them not moving forward, so when you say they have no way and are being blown up and still moving forward, then it seems... off.

The players are clearly not bracing for impact of the tackle though, and that's leading to hits that appear more violent than they would be otherwise.

Quote:
Haven't seen it. I don't have quicktime, but I may download QT and take a look.
It would be nice for everyone to be on the same page with regards to video footage, and considering the link I provided is actual gameplay footage, and not a video of tackle alley that's meant to show case the extreme hits, I think it would be well worth your time.

Quote:
I didn't say "they go down everytime" in that way. I can see some hits being brushed off, that's clear. But each time a tackle happens it looks like there is no fight from the ballcarrier. You see it differently. We must agree to disagree.
If you watch the gameplay, that's not always the case, but you're right about players not bracing for impact and that's leading to bigger hits.

Quote:
Yes, it's in game action, but it's not what the gameplay looks like. Please watch the gameplay footage so you can discuss this knowledgeably. Discussing gameplay based on a demo meant to hightlight big hits (tackle alley), instead of actual gameplay is a waste of time.

Quote:
It's not that the tackles in TA don't happen in real life, it's the frequency at which they happen in TA. But it's not just TA. People have pointed this out in all of the videos they've shown with tackling, and the recent one that was on the PSN show or whatever is just more of that. Looked cool as hell, but still the same thing.
No.. the most recent one was not on PSN. Please watch the video I posted earlier in this thread.

Here it is again. This is what we have been discussing when we say gameplay.

http://www.walsh-designs.com/bfl/ps3...s/GEDC1872.MOV

Quote:
I don't know you "from a whole in the wall" either, and because of that I wouldn't make a statement like the one you made a few pages back, because it clearly asserted a hypothetical that you might know, but you were very much mistaken
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. All I can go off is the content and tone of your responses.

# 116 TheWatcher @ 05/10/09 12:44 PM
Quote:
It seems that weight would be necessary to carry them forward, and the lack of weight would justify them not moving forward, so when you say they have no way and are being blown up and still moving forward, then it seems... off.

The players are clearly not bracing for impact of the tackle though, and that's leading to hits that appear more violent than they would be otherwise.
That's what I was getting at. It's in another recent video I'm going to link to in a moment.

I popped in APF... one of the reasons that the action looked solid was because that fight was there. The ballcarrier really fought back and you could sense that strongly on the overwhelming majority of carries. Sure there are big hits in APF, but the balance is more heavily weighed towards the fight so it translates well to looking like real football.

Quote:
It would be nice for everyone to be on the same page with regards to video footage, and considering the link I provided is actual gameplay footage, and not a video of tackle alley that's meant to show case the extreme hits, I think it would be well worth your time.

If you watch the gameplay, that's not always the case, but you're right about players not bracing for impact and that's leading to bigger hits.

Yes, it's in game action, but it's not what the gameplay looks like. Please watch the gameplay footage so you can discuss this knowledgeably. Discussing gameplay based on a demo meant to hightlight big hits (tackle alley), instead of actual gameplay is a waste of time.
Well, you have to realize that it's not easy to keep up with every video that comes out. Some of these things are very new and I just hadn't had the opportunity to see it all. I have to base my opinion on what I've seen like we all do and those opinions can modify or change as new things are seen.

Quote:
No.. the most recent one was not on PSN. Please watch the video I posted earlier in this thread.
I didn't say "most" recent... there was indeed a recent video from PSN (May 6th). Here it is:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...-and-euphoria/

It starts at 1:00... once again, very explosive.

There is also this one which is the full version of the promo vid posted above which I believe is very new--might've just come out over the last couple days--, not sure if you've seen it. I just watched it. Again, more explosions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpxW9kckvpM

Also pay close attention to the developers words at 3:07:

"This is the kind of stuff you see all the time in BackBreaker..."

So far, he been proven true, lol.

Quote:
Here it is again. This is what we have been discussing when we say gameplay.

http://www.walsh-designs.com/bfl/ps3...s/GEDC1872.MOV
I haven't got QT yet, but if that video is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iPFXjtsEew

... Then I'll say that it looks promising. I see some solid wrap tackle attempts that were broken by the ballcarrier, and I saw a stumble that was finished off pretty well. But there are some explosions, too (at :12 and :13).

We'll see what type of balance the final game has in this regard.

Quote:
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. All I can go off is the content and tone of your responses.
I don't think I really gave off the impression that Madden is my only point of reference...

# 117 Valdarez @ 05/10/09 10:24 PM
Quote:
Well, you have to realize that it's not easy to keep up with every video that comes out. Some of these things are very new and I just hadn't had the opportunity to see it all. I have to base my opinion on what I've seen like we all do and those opinions can modify or change as new things are seen.
Understood and that makes sense, but at the same time when a link to a video has been provided, and you continue to ramble on about a previous video while ignoring the new one, well, I'm sure you can see how someone else would perceive that as you attempting to ignore evidence in order to support your argument. Based on your last post, that doesn't appear to be the case now, but the unintended consequences is that it gave the appearance of bias.

Quote:
There is also this one which is the full version of the promo vid posted above which I believe is very new--might've just come out over the last couple days--, not sure if you've seen it. I just watched it. Again, more explosions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpxW9kckvpM

Also pay close attention to the developers words at 3:07:

"This is the kind of stuff you see all the time in BackBreaker..."

So far, he been proven true, lol.
C'mon now. His quote 'This is the kind of stuff you see all the time' is referring to all of the things that are going on, not an 'explosive tackle'. You're reaching on that one my friend.

Quote:
I haven't got QT yet, but if that video is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iPFXjtsEew

... Then I'll say that it looks promising. I see some solid wrap tackle attempts that were broken by the ballcarrier, and I saw a stumble that was finished off pretty well. But there are some explosions, too (at :12 and :13).

We'll see what type of balance the final game has in this regard.
Yep, that's the video, and after watching it you have to admit the tackles in it aren't all explosive, which was your argument before. That's why I was saying Tackle Alley was meant to show case the spectacular hits. Not only that, but that video shows that a player can can continue moving forward after a hit, so there is movement after a hit, there's just no A, A, A to break the tackle like you see in NFL2K5/APF2K8 (which I absolutely abhor as it's definitely not realistic).

That video is what convinced me that there were big hits. Tackle Alley was so close up, that I wrote a lot of it off to the camera angle. There's a hit at the end of that video though, in the endzone, where the guy absolutely gets clobbered. The camera angle is zoomed out quite a bit, and you can see it. It looks like he got hit by a Mack Truck. heh

Now, if we could only get a little of that hard hitting feeling into Madden. That would rock.

# 118 RGiles36 @ 05/10/09 11:04 PM
Not to infringe upon you and TheWatcher's debate, but with the exception of one broken tackle animation and the gang-tacklish sequence, everything else was over the top.

# 119 TDogg09 @ 05/10/09 11:06 PM
Quote:
Now, if we could only get a little of that hard hitting feeling into Madden. That would rock.
I agree.

# 120 Valdarez @ 05/10/09 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Not to infringe upon you and TheWatcher's debate, but with the exception of one broken tackle animation and the gang-tacklish sequence, everything else was over the top.
You realize there's not much more in that video right? It's looped twice. The only really big hit that I could see for sure was at the end, and it's a whopper. The rest look pretty good to me, at least of what I could see of them.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.