Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

IGN has posted their hands-on preview of NCAA Football 10.

Quote:
"This year NCAA Football seems to be staying away from earth shattering gameplay changes and, instead, is concentrating on brand new features and game modes that you won't find anywhere else."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 countryboy @ 05/16/09 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Because I love college Football and have played EA football since the first Madden in 1990. This game was a great love of mine and I wish it still was.

Embarrassingly, I logged more online hours under one name than any other person on NCAA 2004. Since that time it has steadily declined because of issues with the game being sub par to just down right piss poor.

The game just isn't as good as it should be because EA pours resources into stupid stuff. They should be working on the gameplay and add the stupid stuff to keep people interested after gameplay is fixed.

I want to be able to play this game and enjoy it. However, I am pissed that EA has taken away one of the joy's I have had in video games by making NCAA garbage.

Ok, so you're upset that the game has, in your opinion, been garbage since '04, but you want the game to get better. Thats why we're here, because we want the game to get better or because we like the series. So why ridicule people that get excited when they read something that meets one of the things they've wanted fixed/in the game?

I mean, you seem ok with expressing your concern/cautious attitude towards what you read/hear/see because you've been disappointed in the past, so why can't people express their excitement/joy towards things they read/hear/see when its something they've wanted to see added/fixed and/or because they've been happy with series in the past?

# 102 19 @ 05/16/09 11:53 AM
I really wish that instead of adding brand new things every year, they would just concentrate on the gameplay and correct some of the bugs that were in 09. So we don't need a patch right away like last year. Just a thought.

# 103 Young J 334 @ 05/16/09 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
care to explain how you can just add to the 120 teams without screwing up the schedule for every other team in the game? If you add 1 more team so theres 121 teams, you need to create a schedule for that extra team, therefore you will affect other team's schedules, which will affect other team's schedules and so on. You can't just add on extra teams without it screwing up the schedules.

Unless you have a way this can be done, there doesnt seem to be one. And dont give that, "its not my job its their job" crap because its easy to sit here and ask for everything in the world and just say its their job to figure it out and then complain that its not there.
If team-builder is anything like previous CAS, you will be forced to remove one of the 120 FBS teams to add your team to play anyway. You will take over their schedule and your rivals become your rivals. At least until you make new ones

# 104 michigan21 @ 05/16/09 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoniak
I really wish that instead of adding brand new things every year, they would just concentrate on the gameplay and correct some of the bugs that were in 09. So we don't need a patch right away like last year. Just a thought.
Thats also how I feel. This game has felt like its been in neutral for years now. I dont think anyone is hating on this years version because none of us has played it. I think most people just arent liking some the things that have come out. For example, there has been absolutely no info on the presentational aspect for this year. Also there has not been any info, if im not mistaken, on major bug fixes like the inability to sign OL. Most teams would end up having 7 qbs, 5 rb, 1ot, 1 og etc. It killed dynasty after 3 or 4 years. A true game killer. I just want more information of gameplay fixes, presentation, before I hear about new game modes like team builder .

# 105 moylan1234 @ 05/16/09 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
care to explain how you can just add to the 120 teams without screwing up the schedule for every other team in the game? If you add 1 more team so theres 121 teams, you need to create a schedule for that extra team, therefore you will affect other team's schedules, which will affect other team's schedules and so on. You can't just add on extra teams without it screwing up the schedules.

Unless you have a way this can be done, there doesnt seem to be one. And dont give that, "its not my job its their job" crap because its easy to sit here and ask for everything in the world and just say its their job to figure it out and then complain that its not there.
you missed the point I thought the person I was arguing with was complaining that we couldn't add teams. I know it's impossible to do right now especially since all sports games handle this the same way.

# 106 Solidice @ 05/16/09 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
For example, there has been absolutely no info on the presentational aspect for this year.
we know that the pre-game has been updated, however the full details on it have not been talked about yet. likely will be announced at E3. they also added a sideline reporter(Erin Andrews) and the bowl game endzones will add to presentation in the bowl games at least(better than the generic ones from the past).

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
Also there has not been any info, if im not mistaken, on major bug fixes like the inability to sign OL. Most teams would end up having 7 qbs, 5 rb, 1ot, 1 og etc. It killed dynasty after 3 or 4 years. A true game killer.
this has already been talked about and tweaked. there was a blog about dynasty changes and this was one of them. Russ and Adam also have made a few posts about it being fixed/tweaked.

# 107 Mad 69 @ 05/17/09 03:31 AM
Could you give us reasons why people should not say Madden 10 is going to be better than NCAA 10? This has been the case every year (Madden better than NCAA) and everyone seems to realize it. We don't care about more game modes, we just want whats broken - fixed. Gameplay is what is most important, why waste even an hour developing game types such as Mascot games?

# 108 MBFranchise @ 05/17/09 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad 69
Could you give us reasons why people should not say Madden 10 is going to be better than NCAA 10? This has been the case every year (Madden better than NCAA) and everyone seems to realize it. We don't care about more game modes, we just want whats broken - fixed. Gameplay is what is most important, why waste even an hour developing game types such as Mascot games?
Picture this:

Coke Zero approaches the NCAA team and says: We will pay you to create Mascot Game and Season Showdown. Neither will take much time to develop and will invariably make 8 year olds buy the game at Wal-Mart. The tradeoff will be that a little of your gameplay development time will be used up. That may upset that hardcore sports gamers but let's face it, they'll buy the game anyway. Work on something that appeals to people who normally won't buy the game because they don't know any better.

Its all about money.

# 109 sozo @ 05/17/09 03:07 PM
As long as I dont average 50-10 victories over the CPU on Heisman level like I do now then I will be happy with this years game. Hopefully adaptive AI, defensive assist and improved pursuit angles will help out enough.

# 110 Lava @ 05/17/09 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFranchise
Picture this:

Coke Zero approaches the NCAA team and says: We will pay you to create Mascot Game and Season Showdown. Neither will take much time to develop and will invariably make 8 year olds buy the game at Wal-Mart. The tradeoff will be that a little of your gameplay development time will be used up. That may upset that hardcore sports gamers but let's face it, they'll buy the game anyway. Work on something that appeals to people who normally won't buy the game because they don't know any better.

Its all about money.
Something about the way they're beating the drum for SS tells me they spent some significant time/resources on it, though. When you put it up there with TeamBuilder as the top two features of the game this year, I gotta think it took at least some time.

Not saying it is true, just my theory/speculation.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.