Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

It’s been crazy busy here at Tiburon trying to finish the game. On top of that I had to travel a few times so I have not been around the boards much lately . Anyway the last few days have been interesting with the game-play talk and I think it’s worth pointing out the list of stuff we’ve already talked about that is in NCAA 10 (well have it all in one post).

This stuff is from blogs on insideblog.easports.com so I’m going to be short on the details:

Pass Blocking
  • Branch Windows
  • Steering and Manipulation
Adaptive AI
  • CPU will adapt to your play calling
Catch Steering
  • Catches near the sideline will try and turn you up field
WR/Defensive Back Interactions
  • Route Running and Man Coverage
  • WR/DB Jostling
  • Press / Release
Layered Blending
  • Throwing when being hit
Inaccurate Passing
  • Passes miss in a more logical direction (not random)
Procedural Awareness
  • Head Tracking
Pursuit Angles
  • Sideline Pursuit
Then there is stuff that has not been blogged about, only talked about on some forum posts...

CPU Passing improved
  • They will throw down field more often
Defensive Line will get up and tip passes
  • And I mean tipped, not just knocked down
Break out of tackles
  • From Madden 09 you can try and break out of tackles after they start
Intercepting Pitches
  • You can actually catch a pitch if you get in-between the QB and the pitch man (instead of it just bouncing off you and hitting the ground)
Two Man Tackles
  • Another one from Madden 09
Non-Catch Catches
  • Players will go for a catch even when they will not catch the ball
Slips on Routes
  • In bad weather players have a chance to slip when running routes
Tons of new animations (examples below):
  • Tackles
  • Over the Shoulder Catches
  • Motion Hand-offs
  • Shotgun Hand-offs
Then we still have some talking to do about the details of Game-Planning, Linked Plays, and Defensive Keys in the next few weeks...

I guess my point is to simply remind everyone that Game-Play is a huge focus for us on NCAA and it is easy to forget all the stuff we've been talking about for months

-Russ Kiniry
Designer NCAA Football 10

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Allaboutme @ 05/14/09 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagatorfan
Ian has stated that in videos they are in debug mode so it forces the pro tak to initiate so I wouldnt look at those trailers as what will be seen in the final product.
Its funny that Ians team get this break but when the Ncaa devs say the game is still being tweaked people get all riled up, but hey if its getting debuged i will take a second look when its all said and done ,but as of right now its not as impressive as most people are making it.

# 22 J-Unit40 @ 05/14/09 08:23 PM
Thanks for the summary Russ. That was solid!

I like all of the little tweaks and additions. Actually, most of them are very big and should add to the feel and look of the game. One area I haven't heard much about until now was the tipped passes by the DL. That's nice. The devil's advocate in me says, "I just hope this doesn't lead to a ridiculous amount of INTs".

The overthrowing, underthrowing and off-throws will really be a thing of beauty. I have played a good amount of NCAA 06, 07 and a little of 08 lately on XBOX and liked the amount of off-target throws in those games.

# 23 Lava @ 05/14/09 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
Well your right and wrong at the same time, i have seen vids/clips of protak look at the sizzle trailer ....anyway i got to the gym, i personally like what im seeing from the ncaa team Keep it up!
I've seen the trailer, but I'm not going to condemn it when I don't know how it will look when it's all said and done and how often they will occur.

# 24 zoltan @ 05/14/09 08:29 PM
has any work been done on run blocking???? and i would like to know more about the shotgun hand offs lol...... hope they added like 1000

# 25 J-Unit40 @ 05/14/09 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan
has any work been done on run blocking???? and i would like to know more about the shotgun hand offs lol...... hope they added like 1000
I'm not sure how many more there will be, but there are new run plays out of the shotgun and plays that should work better. Someone discussed Florida's playbook upgrade with the counter, dive and some other plays out of the shotgun. Oh, and they also put in "The Tebow". Where the QB playactions off the QB run (with the rocker step forward and come back to the throw).

I'm really interested to see how the running game has improved out of the shotgun. Specifically on the dive and the counter. I hope they nailed the blocking schemes.

# 26 NFLHITMAN @ 05/14/09 08:51 PM
Thanks for the Info Russ!!! You got my $60 already when I heard about Team Builder A few questions about it though if you can answer them.

• I am hearing you can't use any you want because some won't work with Team Builder for the Helmets? I wanted to create a Seahawk team until Madden 10 is released but people tell me the Seahawk logo won't work on TB. Is this true?
  • Will the new running animations make its way into NCAA 10 as it is being done in Madden 10?
Thanks for your information and if you can answer these 2 questions I thank you in advance!

# 27 rudyjuly2 @ 05/14/09 09:13 PM
I'm liking the round up. Any word on player momentum and the feel of the players compared to what Madden is doing? I really hope they have more weight.

# 28 frankplastictrees @ 05/14/09 09:15 PM
I really wanted to like NCAA last year, but the ridiculous passing game just kept me from doing that. If the gameplay is improved (which by all means sounds like it is) and with the addition of Teambuilder, this might be the first time in four years that I don't trade off NCAA before August ends.

# 29 JAYMO76 @ 05/14/09 10:30 PM
You know what would look great on that list??? .... FORMATION SUBS!!!!!

# 30 zoltan @ 05/14/09 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
Thanks for the Info Russ!!! You got my $60 already when I heard about Team Builder
good lordie i thought i read you already got my 60$ when i heard about season showdown lol

# 31 zoltan @ 05/14/09 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I'm not sure how many more there will be, but there are new run plays out of the shotgun and plays that should work better. Someone discussed Florida's playbook upgrade with the counter, dive and some other plays out of the shotgun. Oh, and they also put in "The Tebow". Where the QB playactions off the QB run (with the rocker step forward and come back to the throw).

I'm really interested to see how the running game has improved out of the shotgun. Specifically on the dive and the counter. I hope they nailed the blocking schemes.
lol the tebow play was in the video did you catch it... it looked pretty good i thought... kinda stiff but oh well

# 32 sportzbro @ 05/14/09 10:50 PM
thanks russ. the gameplay sounds like it should be much improved (and welcomed)

# 33 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/14/09 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Yeah we moved the defensive line moves to the Right Stick and revisited how they work. You will try and go left or right off a block with the stick instead of trying to pick Power Move of Finesse move... the game will pick what your player is better at.
So you are telling me that now I must go to the right stick and hit it just to do a swim move just to get out of the olinemans hand. Why do ya'll seem to changes things all the time. I loved pushing the buttons to do my swim moves on defensive. I don't want to use no stick. atleast put control changing optioons in please.

# 34 EastSide_Avenger @ 05/14/09 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
Are you 12?
LOL but still...

# 35 EastSide_Avenger @ 05/14/09 11:15 PM
Any updated info on windsocks? Can we have windsocks in TeamBuilder? Are there any windshoes? Just thought I'd ask!
Thanks...

# 36 GoToledo @ 05/14/09 11:23 PM
So we all know that the gameplay has been slowed down in Madden. Is this being carried over to NCAA?

# 37 sportzbro @ 05/14/09 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyhobbs321813
some stuff from madden 09 (which was horrible) this is ncaa football 10.
2 man tackles wooooo
no refs
madden 09 breaking tackles awful
gameplay sliders like madden 10? didnt see it
sim gameplay? didnt see it
yea they are always a year behind. god forbid they get the same stuff in the same cycle. Its like EA's children, and Madden is their favorite. NCAA is just the little brother who gets the hand-me-downs.

# 38 rudyjuly2 @ 05/15/09 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
Thanks for the update. How about camera options?
I'm 99% sure there is only one gameplay camera although it's been updated to give a better view of the passing game. But no custom options. They did add the player lock camera angle on both offense and defense.

# 39 greenegt @ 05/15/09 10:18 AM
That's a solid list of improvements. I miss this game after not buying 09 because of the gameplay issues. As long as there is nothing game-killing in this year's version, I'm sold.

# 40 eaglesfan27 @ 05/15/09 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Are you guys that don't want the 9 man pile ups kidding?

That is in football every weekend! It doesn't always mean 8 vs the ball carrier. It can be up to 8 and any combination of offensive and defensive players. Your players can come and try and push the pile for the carrier too.

Some of you complain about everything.

I am really glad you can break out of tackles in NCAA this year, that sucked not having that in last year. That and gang tackles helps realism.

No kidding, I wish NCAA had the Madden gang tackling this year. I still remember some of the spectacular piles/pushes from USC's championship years.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.