Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one featuring Season Showdown. They have also posted a new video clip, right here.

Quote:
"Hey Everyone, by now most of you have started to hear some details about Season Showdown, and some of you got uncomfortably close with me as I talked with Pasta Padre and cdj about Season Showdown couple of weeks ago. This week’s blog will focus on the format of Season Showdown, and in the coming weeks we will go in-depth on the Skills, Strategy, and Sportsmanship components that make up a lot of what Season Showdown is all about."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 baumy300 @ 05/15/09 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagatorfan
Whatever you want to call it way too much time was put into it when there are plenty of other more important areas that they could of done with the time spent.
Agreed. Just add some defense and we're good.

OMT seems to have done a great job with the alternate uniforms and Teambuilder looks amazing.

This SS is just...

# 62 sportzbro @ 05/15/09 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Agreed. Just add some defense and we're good.

OMT seems to have done a great job with the alternate uniforms and Teambuilder looks amazing.

This SS is just...
Yea def. Thanks Adam

# 63 tigre373 @ 05/15/09 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by egkb2753
The fact that not a word about gameplay has been spoken about by the development team by this point in the process scares me. The game is 2 months away and still, not a word about how the game plays.
One of the designers started a thread on here a few hours ago called "NCAA Football 10 Game-Play Round Up" that's all about gameplay improvements.

# 64 Solidice @ 05/15/09 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by egkb2753
The fact that not a word about gameplay has been spoken about by the development team by this point in the process scares me. The game is 2 months away and still, not a word about how the game plays.
not a word? there have been talks about gameplay changes since February.

you go down the list that Russ made in the thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039568196 , the earliest one in that list was posted/talked about on February 1st.

the things in the list Russ posted are just the things that have been talked about already in blogs or posts and there are still things that haven't been discussed yet.

# 65 J-Unit40 @ 05/15/09 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
Mascot mash up= money from coke
(Confirmed)
Season showdown= money from coke
(IMO)

Money= bigger budget

Bigger budget= more Resorces

More resorces= better game(hopefully)

Better game= less whinning(again hopefully)

This post= less whinning(again hopefully)
Ding! Ding! Ding! Somebody actually gets the business of making video games.

# 66 KG @ 05/15/09 08:37 AM
FIFA has/had a mode similar to this and it was a big pile of FAIL. It's a nice feature in concept but cheesers will flock to Florida.

# 67 Jistic @ 05/15/09 08:56 AM
Really EA? Wow. More Gimmicks, just what the series needs!

# 68 J-Unit40 @ 05/15/09 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
FIFA has/had a mode similar to this and it was a big pile of FAIL. It's a nice feature in concept but cheesers will flock to Florida.
Exactly. Pretty predictable.

# 69 eaglesfan27 @ 05/15/09 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Really EA? Wow. More Gimmicks, just what the series needs!
My thoughts exactly. As I said in the other thread, I couldn't care less about this feature. This blog says they put a lot of time/effort into developing this feature which makes me sad as there are so many more important areas they could have spent it.

# 70 Gossennator @ 05/15/09 11:07 AM
Anybody see the gameplay footage of the LSU/Miss St gameplay footage? Terrible DL Awareness.

# 71 tyler289 @ 05/15/09 12:11 PM
I couldn't care less about this mode, to be honest, and nothing in the videos of gameplay made me excited for the game. Looked exactly like 09 with QBs completely out of the pocket and one of the plays had the QB out to the left with DE's suctioned into their tackles (at least I thought they were) and wouldn't go after the QB. Oh well.

This is on par with what would happen if they released a blog detailing Mascot Mode last year.

# 72 Solidice @ 05/15/09 01:58 PM
Greg confirmed that if you don't want anything to do with SS, including the stat pop-ups, just don't sign-up for SS(don't go into the SS menu and pick a team).

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...2&postcount=48

# 73 tyler289 @ 05/15/09 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Greg confirmed that if you don't want anything to do with SS, including the stat pop-ups, just don't sign-up for SS(don't go into the SS menu and pick a team).

Ok, but hopefully it still lets us pick a favorite team, like in year's past. It just makes it easier when starting dynasty/play now/rosters when it goes right to your team.

I am glad that I can turn this off.

# 74 jdr4693 @ 05/15/09 02:10 PM
Thank's EA for saving me 60 dollars. I dont need to spend 60$ dollars on another stupid gimmick like this. It is obvious you guys are still not threatened by Backbreaker or any other competetion. That is the sam game as last year. I'll just update my rosters. From those vids it is EASY to see that this is gonna be madden's year. NCAA needs to step their game up that gameplay looked BAD!!!

Im just gonna create ncaa teams in Backbreakr and hopefully your coke sponsor $$$ runs out and you actually put effort into your games.

# 75 kindella2 @ 05/15/09 04:19 PM
i think its something thats unecessary for me but if Coke is sponsoring then put it in there...vids look fine to me like the camera flashes. the camera view looks different and so the do the finish on the players...i think its gonna be another fine installment.

# 76 sinc79 @ 05/15/09 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice

Yeah but these cry babies can't handle that.

# 77 Young J 334 @ 05/15/09 08:02 PM
I like the point system. That means I can play as Florida and guys can see from my sportsmanship skill that im not a cheeser! I will probably play as AU though! Waaaar Eagle! See you guys online!

# 78 Maximus205 @ 05/15/09 09:41 PM
Quote:
Overall, I am just baffled by EA's decision making this their prime time feature. I honestly feel they don't completely get it. For 2011, take a page from the Madden team & do everything they did this year.
You mean 2011 do what Madden is doing for 2011.

# 79 kmart2180 @ 05/16/09 01:58 AM
SS is pretty dumb IMO (but whatever)

I hate that in the video when LSU qb is rolling out of the pocket to the left the DE doesnt break off and sack the qb. The suction is still there unfortunely. Madden 10 has that new break off ingagement , WHY NCAA10 not ?

# 80 Solidice @ 05/16/09 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
SS is pretty dumb IMO (but whatever)

I hate that in the video when LSU qb is rolling out of the pocket to the left the DE doesnt break off and sack the qb. The suction is still there unfortunely. Madden 10 has that new break off ingagement , WHY NCAA10 not ?
it does have the branch windows like Madden.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-round-up.html

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.