Home
News Post

The new mini-patch for MLB 09: The Show, version 1.07 has been released.

Quote:
"Description: Replay/Highlight issue addressed."

MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 DrUrsus @ 05/23/09 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prime21time37
finally got game , when i play will it automatically load all patches or do i have to install individually? thanks
Just make sure you are hooked up to the internet, and put your disc in. It will prompt you automatically to download and it covers all of them.

# 62 DrUrsus @ 05/23/09 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Cant help you Jim but what i can say is that im so glad i havent downloaded any of these patches and will continue to live happily without them

Hope someone can answer your queries mate.
I've downloaded them all and am living happily with the downloaded patches.

I like the benefits of having the correct Cubs day/night schedule (since that is my main team), lineups can "stick" better with stock SCEA ratings if you reset them after Spring Training for sim games (then I use the 2nd controller for games I played and the lineups come up automatically now instead of me having to redo them each game I play).

The replays work fine now with the mini-patch as well. I have had absolutely no problems just playing my franchises. No freezes. I have auto save turned off which may or may not be a problem, I don't know.

(I don't play RTTS, so I can't comment on that).

I wish they would have fixed the roster control issues, but as Jim stated it was probably a more in depth issue due to the auto-fix feature, but I would take this game post-patches anyday over non-patched. Just my 2 cents. This is just my personal experience so far.

I totally understand the frustrations of those having problems however, and hope I do not run into any in the future.

# 63 DrUrsus @ 05/23/09 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoman
My Tv does this withough any patch. I think it is your TV changing its resolution for the game, that's what I was told. I don't think it will damage anything.
Some TVs do that.

# 64 MSUHitman @ 05/23/09 02:29 PM
I still cannot save replays after my franchise games. From my experience absolutely nothing changed after this "mini patch."

# 65 BIG17EASY @ 05/23/09 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awelsh
Watchdogxc
Seems like the same problem as me. Had no issues at all until downloading 1.7 patch. I always thought of myself lucky after hearing of all the problems people had pre and post 1.6 patch. I played EVERY game in RTTS for five seasons aswell. What a waste of time and effort. Got UFC today to cheer myself up by knocking six blocks outta someone.
When you downloaded 1.7, also includes the fixes (and bugs) that 1.6 had. The crashing is a bug introduced by 1.6, so there's no way to download patch 1.7 without getting the crash bug.

(Game companies do this so that people who buy the game months or even years after its release get the most up-to-date software without having to download multiple patches.)

Russell from SCEA said that any franchises or RTTS's started before patch 1.6 need to be restarted. Or you can delete the patch and play the game as it came out of the box, which will not cause your RTTS to crash. Lots of people are doing this and seem very happy.

# 66 Jackdog @ 05/23/09 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY
When you downloaded 1.7, also includes the fixes (and bugs) that 1.6 had. The crashing is a bug introduced by 1.6, so there's no way to download patch 1.7 without getting the crash bug.

(Game companies do this so that people who buy the game months or even years after its release get the most up-to-date software without having to download multiple patches.)

Russell from SCEA said that any franchises or RTTS's started before patch 1.6 need to be restarted. Or you can delete the patch and play the game as it came out of the box, which will not cause your RTTS to crash. Lots of people are doing this and seem very happy.
I deleted the new patch and still couldn't get by a certain date in season mode. I had to start a new season. I was glad I was only 1 month into it. My Reds franchise is fine. I'm into early September with that one. WHEW!!!

# 67 DrUrsus @ 05/23/09 10:15 PM
I played a game tonight where the score was 12 (me) to 5. The first 3 innings of replay were not there for some reason. All the others were there. This is with patch 1.07.

# 68 Metroalex @ 05/23/09 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY
Really? I was holding out hope that the mini patch would let me save my pre-patch franchise.

Why arent more people angry about this? I have little desire to go back to the game after losing 4 months of virtual work.

# 69 hbguy311 @ 05/24/09 12:47 AM
I have not downloaded any patches, I have not started any franchises or seasons. It's okay for me to download the patch without any problems right? Nothing will affect me?

# 70 SoxFan01605 @ 05/24/09 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroalex
Really? I was holding out hope that the mini patch would let me save my pre-patch franchise.

Why arent more people angry about this? I have little desire to go back to the game after losing 4 months of virtual work.
lol...plenty of people were VERY angry about it (presumably plenty still are too). Time has past a bit on that news is all.

While it sucks, it's easy to understand. Patch 1.06 changed the schedule around, so the new one goofed the older franchises as that change caused some irregularity.

The entire patch process this time around has been very unfortunate as, IMO, they should NEVER make a game less stable. Probably should have made it so older files weren't effected either way (losing out on some of the benefits, but avoiding the lost franchises).

Hopefully, future patches will be focused primarily on stability and functionality over trying to appease everyone's hopes and dreams.

# 71 SolidSnake07 @ 05/24/09 09:57 AM
Is it safe to download this patch and wasnt one released a month ago?

# 72 BIG17EASY @ 05/24/09 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroalex

Sorry, the only thing the latest patch fixed was the replay bug that patch 1.6 introduced.

# 73 Urban Legend 72 @ 05/24/09 11:41 AM
Is anyone having problems changing the pitching view since downloading the last patch?

# 74 BoSoxPujols @ 05/24/09 12:50 PM
How can I get this patch if I can't connect my PS3 to the internet? Anyone have it so I can put it on a flash drive and then load it up?

# 75 hbguy311 @ 05/24/09 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbguy311
I have not downloaded any patches, I have not started any franchises or seasons. It's okay for me to download the patch without any problems right? Nothing will affect me?
Well??? Anyone???

# 76 Chef Matt @ 05/24/09 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbguy311
Well??? Anyone???

Chances are you're good to go. I did the same with the last patch and everything has worked fine, that is no crashes.

# 77 Urban Legend 72 @ 05/24/09 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Legend 72
Is anyone having problems changing the pitching view since downloading the last patch?

Disregard. I had my flashdrive plugged into the first slot which moved my wireless controller to number 2 and thus kept loading the wrong profile. Rookie mistake.

# 78 BoSoxPujols @ 05/24/09 02:07 PM
How the heck do I get patches if my PS3 isn't internet capable? ha

# 79 DrUrsus @ 05/24/09 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSoxPujols
How the heck do I get patches if my PS3 isn't internet capable? ha
There is no easy way. I suggest you take your PS3 somewhere that you can get on wirelessly or wired like a friends or family's house. Your local library may be cool about it since they have public internet connection, if you don't mind dragging a small TV and PS3 there, lol. You can't put the patch on a memory card or USB drive.

It may be possible to do via your computer if you hook up your hdd to it (you can use Xport/Xplorer for instance on the 360, that is why I have posted a lot of patches for the 360 that way). I have never looked into it, but a quick google may bring you some luck there. This starts to get complicated for the average joe however and it would just be easier to find a connection somewhere. Good luck.

# 80 zls44 @ 05/25/09 01:28 AM
Ok, I started a brand-new RTTS with the patch and it crashed in the exact same place- they day after the first starred date on the postseason calendar.

Very anrgy. Very.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.