Home
Backbreaker News Post

The official Backbreaker forums have posted a couple of screenshots that confirm 11 vs. 11 gameplay.

Quote:
"Another reoccuring theme I've spotted has been the constant doubt over whether we will offer 11 vs 11 gameplay. I know that the NM guys have repeatedly said we will but that we've yet to supply evidence proving that. I'd like to stop that argument for good with a couple of images that the guys back in the office have been so kind as to prepare for me. This isn't final, visual treatment will be changed etc etc etc, but I've attached two shots displaying the current view shown when you pull back from the line of scrimmage to display the routes for your chosen play. These are for you... enjoy, but please remember that we are still in development."

Backbreaker screenshot gallery - Click to view Backbreaker screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 101 p_rushing @ 05/25/09 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
I don't mind them too much, although the six pack abs are sort of funny. Also, I don't like that everyone is wearing a visor, but I'll get over that eventually. Other than that I think they're alright.
Its probably so they don't have to render faces. I don't know how taxing the physics engine is, but it could be hard to render faces in game at the same time. They probably also did want to waste time on that.

# 102 duke776 @ 05/25/09 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Its probably so they don't have to render faces. I don't know how taxing the physics engine is, but it could be hard to render faces in game at the same time. They probably also did want to waste time on that.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If that's the reason then it doesn't matter to me that much, especially if the fps were to drop due to having face textures.

# 103 Methlab @ 05/26/09 10:46 PM
APF didn't really fail. It is still played by tons of people and is the best next gen football game so far. It didn't catch on with the mainstream and neither will BB unless this natural motion engine is simply unreal.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.