Home
Tiger Woods 10 News Post

EA ’S TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 10 DEMO AVAILABLE NOW
ON XBOX LIVE AND PLAYSTATION NETWORK

May 21, 2009 – Come experience the thrill and spectacle of tournament golf! The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 demo is now available on Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network. Play a couple of holes in the demo and get an early taste of what the real-life PGA TOUR pros will be facing at this year’s U.S. Open on Bethpage Black and Turnberry, which will be hosting the 2009 British Open. Gamers will also get a chance to check out the all-new Tournament Challenge mode as the demo features a playable event from the famous 17th hole at THE PLAYERS Stadium Course - TPC Sawgrass.

In addition, tournament atmosphere has been ramped up this year and players will experience dynamic weather conditions and its effects on gameplay, huge galleries, a new commentary team and broadcast style introductions. Looking to tune your clubs prior to a big tournament? Come check out the new Practice Round mode in the demo where gamers can place the ball anywhere on the course and really dial in their shots before taking on the official leaderboard.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 takes golf fans inside-the-ropes to experience the drama and emotion of tournament golf. New additions to this year’s game include Tournament Challenge Mode, Tournament Atmosphere, Precision Putting, EA SPORTS Live Tournaments and new courses and golfers.

To see additional information regarding Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10, log on to www.tigerwoods10.com.

Developed in Orlando, Fla., by EA Tiburon, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 will ship on June 8 and available on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, PLAYSTATION3, PSP (PlayStation®Portable) and Wii.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 pietasterp @ 06/09/09 03:20 AM
Can we just all agree to stop using the "if you want reality, go lace 'em up and play (insert sport) outside?" line of argument once and for all? I have neither the time, nor the inclination, to go into how this argument is a complete non sequitor, but suffice to say everyone wants a different experience out of their games and if some of us want more realism in a game, I don't think that it's that ridiculous.

Of course if we wanted to play real golf we would go do that if we could. Unfortunately, most of us work, and most of us don't have 4-5 hrs to actually go play as frequently as we would all like to. Also, most of us do not have access to Pebble Beach, Pinehurst, Bethpage (unless you wanna sleep in your car for a night!), or St. Andrews. And most courses aren't open at night, when most of us finally have time to partake in leisure activities....I could go on, but I won't belabor the point.

Wanting hyper-realistic sim golf is no less ridiculous than wanting realistic football games or basketball games. If NBA Jam and NFL Blitz were the only games available to represent their sports, I don't know how happy most of us would be with those options. Well, golf is no different. I just wish there were another option out there for those of us that want a reasonable simulation of the sport of golf.

# 82 OnlookerDelay @ 06/09/09 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Can we just all agree to stop using the "if you want reality, go lace 'em up and play (insert sport) outside?" line of argument once and for all?
Totally agree with you pietasterp! It's like saying, okay developers, we know you can't do any better than this, so just shovel whatever you've got down out throats since "it's only a game". We wouldn't have something as elegant at The Show on the PS3 if all developers were getting this response from their userbase!

# 83 ComfortablyLomb @ 06/09/09 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickzeus
well after reading through the pages of this thread i decided to say something. Guys, its a video game. For those of you complaining how its going to be too easy and too arcade like, what video game isnt?? If you want the real thing then go grab your clubs and hit the real links! Thats about as real and as difficult as you can get. I enjoyed playing the demo and seeing as the last TW game I bought was 07 I will probably be picking this one up. I like the improvements that are made and that you can turn off the annoying ball trail. But if you want realism, pay 40 bucks to go play 18 with a cart....
Well, most sports games with properly functioning sliders. I could set MVP so that I'd only win maybe 55% of the time with a very good team. I could set old-gen Madden so I would win maybe 12-13 games a year with a superb team and when rebuilding might be lucky to win 5-6 games. I could set College Hoops so I would go something like 16-10 with a small conference team and be lucky to get past the first round of March Madness. To answer your question: good games aren't too easy or arcade-like if the options are there to tweak it as needed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.