Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Welcome to week #1 of our interview with the Producers of NCAA Football 10. Every week until release, we'll be posting an interview. This week we have Ben Haumiller, designer of NCAA Football 10, answering the questions.

Quote:
Operation Sports: "What kind of defensive gameplay enhancements/tweaks have been implemented into this year's game? What has been done to tone down the wide open gameplay?"

Ben Haumiller: "Here are a few things we’ve done (obviously not everything):
Pursuit Angles, Defensive line tipping passes, Man Coverage has been improved, Press/Release enhancements (from WR/DB interactions), and Adaptive AI all make a really big impact. I should also point out that players in deep zones (depending on zone coverage rating) will be more aggressive in going after passes.

So examples:
• Just taking a speed back and running outside does not equal a score (pursuit angles)
• "Elite" Corners make a bigger impact between the abilities to jam receivers and simply cover better in Man
• Adaptive AI can force you to change up your play calling. I say can because if you are a way better team, all the reaction ratings in the world will not always help the defense
• And just more incompletions in general help defense (tip passes and more realistic misses on passes)"

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 dave731 @ 05/23/09 08:50 PM
I'm disappointed after that interview and this is usually the time I get hyped about college football. As long as Online Dynasty is working, i'll still buy tho...hate they didn't fix sliders for him vs. hum games

# 102 thesteamontheboat @ 05/23/09 10:20 PM
I told you guys NCAA was going to under achieve because the blogs were weak. But if you guys want a change for the positive I know this is going to be hard but it will make the NCAA dev team care about our opinion you ready....

DONT BUY IT THIS YEAR!

# 103 NEW_ORLEANS @ 05/23/09 11:08 PM
Is he the David Ortiz of Ncaa Football?

# 104 JAYMO76 @ 05/24/09 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteamontheboat
I told you guys NCAA was going to under achieve because the blogs were weak. But if you guys want a change for the positive I know this is going to be hard but it will make the NCAA dev team care about our opinion you ready....

DONT BUY IT THIS YEAR!
Yup... sadly I must agree. No formation subs is a deal-breaker. No more mediocrity in the NCAA series. The buck stops here!

# 105 HamTonks @ 05/24/09 03:07 AM
For every word that comes out of Ben Haumiller's mouth, there is one more person who will not be buying NCAA Football '10 this year.

# 106 XtremeDunkz @ 05/24/09 03:26 AM
David Ortiz JR. I feel bad for you guys. You need your own version of Ian Cummings.

# 107 rudyjuly2 @ 05/24/09 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
wow, I am mostly upset that the sliders are just like last year. To me, they were basiclly non effective and inconsistent even after both patches.

Unacceptable considering all the other stuff the other depts added. What is the gameplay team doing??????
My only hope about the sliders is that Ben was wrong. I had asked about sliders somewhere else and I was told they were tuned. It wasn't a great response but I assumed they made them more effective. If not, I'll be really annoyed as the sliders were awful last year. This is a potential deal breaker for me. I hope we get further clarification.

# 108 marcoyk @ 05/24/09 11:32 AM
I have an idea, how about Ian does Madden AND NCAA? haha just kidding but that would be sweet. get someone like Ian to do NCAA please

# 109 SHO @ 05/24/09 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
I have an idea, how about Ian does Madden AND NCAA? haha just kidding but that would be sweet. get someone like Ian to do NCAA please
c/s

They need to get their JV team off this game.

# 110 rudyjuly2 @ 05/24/09 11:43 AM
The NCAA and Madden teams do share a lot of gameplay stuff so I don't think things will be all bad. I just wished the marketing would focus on the freaking gameplay. Enough with the Season Showdown already.

# 111 Rback21 @ 05/24/09 02:47 PM
The last question about presentation definitely wasn't addressed. I take it the presentation ie stat overlays, halftime show, etc has not been changed/updated. What's up EA?

# 112 urlacher51 @ 05/24/09 04:04 PM
i'll be buying this game when it comes out, i dont have high hopes that it will be a great game. And if its not that good, i'll give backbreaker a shot and i'll have Fight night 4 to hold me over till madden comes out.

# 113 marcoyk @ 05/24/09 04:13 PM
What does c/s mean, Noble?

# 114 JAYMO76 @ 05/24/09 05:15 PM
Hey EA/Tiburon, is there any chance we could get a blog about season showdown for mascot mode? I'm not really into college football and I don't value gameplay, fcs, presentation or formation subs. Personally I prefer the gimmicks to hardcore sim football. I just wish Madden could take a page from the NCAA team. When will developers learn that we the consumer buy football games not for the simulation but instead for the gimmicks...

Insert sarcasm definition here

# 115 thmst30 @ 05/24/09 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Hey EA/Tiburon, is there any chance we could get a blog about season showdown for mascot mode? I'm not really into college football and I don't value gameplay, fcs, presentation or formation subs. Personally I prefer the gimmicks to hardcore sim football. I just wish Madden could take a page from the NCAA team. When will developers learn that we the consumer buy football games not for the simulation but instead for the gimmicks...

Insert sarcasm definition here
Heck yea, I hope you can earn extra credits if you win for your team in Mascot Mode.

# 116 Illustrator76 @ 05/24/09 05:52 PM
I will say that this interview gives me ZERO confidence in this operation whatsoever. I have never been looking forward to Madden more than NCAA than this year. I mean Ben Haumiller from EA might as well have pulled a Van Brett Watkins and just said: "I do not recall" and "That's neither here nor there" for every answer....good Lord, if they are going to ignore every IMPORTANT aspect of this game (e.g. gameplay, control, etc...) why not just scrap the series and pool even more resources into Madden?

At least Ian and company have proven that they get it, and that they really care about putting the very best product on the shelves, not just focusing on stupid gimmicks like Season Showdown while a cheap gameplay element (even "supposedly" toned down) like jump the snap still remains in the game. This game looks to be disappointing at the very best....

# 117 FSU93 @ 05/24/09 06:37 PM
Quote:
He was on NCAA and Madden last year. He was on the gameplay team.

# 118 SHO @ 05/24/09 07:04 PM
Quote:
What does c/s mean, Noble?
co-sign

# 119 SHO @ 05/24/09 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU93
He was on NCAA and Madden last year. He was on the gameplay team.
If so, yeesh.

# 120 FSU93 @ 05/24/09 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
If so, yeesh.
Yeah, I checked the credits.
Sounds like he was the lead?! http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038495251

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.