Home
Madden 2010 News Post

There won't be a Madden blog next week due to us all being out at E3, so with this being Memorial Day this blog seemed very fitting to make up for it. Enjoy!

Quote:
"Hey Madden fans - just wanted to drop in with a bit of good news and show an upgrade that we've added to Madden NFL 10 - and that is the addition of the USAF Thunderbirds!

These elite pilots make a guest appearance in our Super Bowl and Conference Championship games, buzzing over the stadium at speeds exceeding 300 mph, leaving a nice trail of smoke in their wake."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 marcoyk @ 05/25/09 09:00 PM
haha nicely done. can't wait to hear more about presentation

# 82 DaveDQ @ 05/25/09 09:01 PM
Unreal the change this game is seeing. We're not even at E3 or after to see some of the main things. Something has to be said of the people behind this game.

# 83 bigwill33 @ 05/25/09 09:01 PM
I am apparently in the minority here, but I would like to just see this for games like the Super Bowl or Conf. Championship games. Too many times or too many stadiums make it overdone and boring. I want those big games to have new experiences and make it feel important and different.

I was already hyped just looking at that pic and couldn't wait to try and get to the SB. With everyone and their uncle wanting this in their home teams stadium for just about every game I got less excited.

To actually get these very jets to fly over should be an honor. I know some people in football stadiums front offices and it is much harder to book these jets than people think. I know for the Bucs/Seahawks games on Alstott night that the jets were nixed by the gov't on game day. They had to go with a prop plane as a replacement last minute.

To me having this overdone would be like when they had the full moon for night games back on ps2. The first time you played at night you were like "oh cool the moon!", after playing about 3 night games you were like "Really? Another full moon?"

Just a fans take.

# 84 coogrfan @ 05/25/09 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Prince
This is sweet, but why not every game or at least half of the regular season?

Dolphin Stadium (errr, Landshark) has a fly over almost every week.
As Ian pointed out, teams may have flyovers regularly but the networks only show them on special occasions.

Ian -- you had previously addressed the possibility of having other types of aircraft (A-10's, helos, etc.) just to vary it up. Imo it would be more realistic to reserve the T-Birds for the SB, and use other types of aircraft for all other situations.

# 85 Rawdeal28 @ 05/25/09 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I can hook it up to certain stadiums if you want it. I already have Jags and Bucs getting random flyovers in Play Now and Franchise games...I have heard Chiefs and Bears as well.

Anyone else? I need to know by like tonight.
can u give the Raiders some flyovers during monday night games and random Play Now games Ian. i dont know if we really get them or not but please give us something to cheer for? lol

# 86 thudias @ 05/25/09 09:10 PM
Quote:
This is actually more where I'm leaning currently. Though accurate that there are flyovers for most all open stadiums in many games, we are going for more of a broadcast feel rather than a "you're there" feel, so if we show it all the time it will not be special at all during the big games. Networks don't often show the fly over as part of the broadcast unless it's a really big game.

Perfect!

# 87 bigwill33 @ 05/25/09 09:11 PM
I guess I wasn't in the minority. As I read past the 2nd and 3rd pages more people started pointing out my feelings too.

I remember being a kid and hearing stuff like "did you get to such and such point in a game cause this happened" and then I had to get there to see it myself. I was almost hoping you didn't post a shot of it cause I wanted it to be fresh when I saw it ha ha. I am glad I saw it though, and glad there was no video. Nice work EA.

# 88 green94 @ 05/25/09 09:11 PM
BTW, is that screenshot in Tampa referencing dynamic lighting?

# 89 KingsRock91 @ 05/25/09 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Too many times or too many stadiums make it overdone and boring.
Agreed. This is something special and awesome. It's something that should not be seen at every game introduction. The national anthem is sung/played at every game, but do we see that on TV for a middle of the year regular season game? Player introductions/team introductions are hardly shown either.

Keep it to the late January/February games please.

# 90 The Clairvoyant @ 05/25/09 09:18 PM

My God, I thought this image was real! WOW

# 91 Rashad19 @ 05/25/09 09:26 PM
good stuff

# 92 TheWatcher @ 05/25/09 09:27 PM
Wow. This just keeps getting better.

I think the right idea is to keep it special. The broadcast mentality is the way to go. Although there may be flyovers practically every game at some sites, Networks don't show that every game. They reserve it for the big games and that's what should be done in Madden considering that the goal is to replicate an NFL Broadcast.

# 93 SageInfinite @ 05/25/09 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
Yea, most teams do have them, but you dont see that on TV. They are going for a broadcast feel and having the jets fly over every game or a handfull of games defeats that purpose. On TV you'll see the full pre game presentation, with fly overs only a few times a year, the Playoffs and Superbowl included.

The fly overs need to be included during the home opener, playoffs and Superbowl and thats about it. Maybe a few big time Monday Night games but thats about it. I think this will be the direction Ian and Co take and i think thats the right one.

# 94 Ian_Cummings @ 05/25/09 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher

I think the right idea is to keep it special. The broadcast mentality is the way to go. Although there may be flyovers practically every game at some sites, Networks don't show that every game. They reserve it for the big games and that's what should be done in Madden considering that the goal is to replicate an NFL Broadcast.
Lol - LOVE the new signature. Awesome.

# 95 csuf559 @ 05/25/09 09:38 PM
that is hella sweet it adds a nice touch to the atmosphere

# 96 SouthernBrick @ 05/25/09 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher

+1. Nice work. The crew did an amazing job on this.

# 97 Wet Bandit @ 05/25/09 09:42 PM
Not the most important thing, but an awesome addition. I hope the game acknowledges in some way it's the Thunderbirds, because I'd imagine it'd be difficult to make that out with a field-level look at the flyover.

# 98 carolina_boi @ 05/25/09 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavigatorD83
Another thing that i would like to see and you probably have thought of it is players coming out of the tunnel.
thats what im talking about ! seeing them carolina Boyz running out the big Panther Head tunnel with the smoke would be ASOME !

The falcons running out of their tunnel with the smoke and flames.

the Ravens running out of theirs with Ray lewis coming out doin his dance and gettin the defense HYPE ! this would be awsome !

# 99 jWILL253 @ 05/25/09 10:01 PM
Quote:
I can hook it up to certain stadiums if you want it. I already have Jags and Bucs getting random flyovers in Play Now and Franchise games...I have heard Chiefs and Bears as well.

The Seahawks have the Blue Angles of the Navy fly over before every home game. They should be in Madden, too.

Plus, at Qwest Field, a nice touch would be to see a fan, or an injured player, raise the "12th Man" flag right before kickoff...

# 100 Maximus205 @ 05/25/09 10:05 PM
Quote:

Random flyovers for ever team through out the year or in play now would be nice. I would make us watch the pregame presentation to see if they fly through.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.