Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 thmst30 @ 05/28/09 09:08 PM
OK, where is the DOF on most of those cutscenes? Pre-game warmups no DOF, coin-toss no DOF, TD celebration no DOF, post TD drive summary cutscene no DOF. The inconsistency of the DOF is a bit weird. The more we can blur out the cardboard fans the better, right?

# 162 Rules @ 05/28/09 09:08 PM
Why is hammonds still in the game???? Worst commentary of all time!!!!

# 163 BenjiA @ 05/28/09 09:11 PM
Hammond sounds so horrible... Unrealistic...

# 164 LBzrule @ 05/28/09 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
but don't break other parts of the game

if you speed up the pocket, do you have to cheat something else?

it seems if u speed up the pocket then speeding up other parts of the game would have to happen...which would put game-speed right back to square 1

just my .02$
Man I agree with what you are saying, but let me just say this. Without that speed pocket and the game is already slowed down, there is going to be too much time to pick apart zones. Way too much time. The QB should not be able to just stand there and not feel something. It was something alarming even in the build we played. There was just too much time on a consistent basis.

# 165 cowboysfan440 @ 05/28/09 09:11 PM
love everything but the run styles wrs should have a nice stride

# 166 deebo2246 @ 05/28/09 09:11 PM
I will reserve my judgement until after E3 and the new announcements. However, they are heading in the right direction with the game, but it is a shame it took so long because the gameplay should be further along than it is now.

# 167 DaveDQ @ 05/28/09 09:12 PM
That sideline animation with Romo on the phone is very well done.

# 168 adub88 @ 05/28/09 09:13 PM
That video was crazy!!!!! Before you know it August will be here guys. I can't wait, the graphics are plain sick. I'm still waiting to see some more gameplay vids, but it seems this really is the biggest leap Madden has ever taken. I know they claim every year this is the best Madden ever, they can actually say it this time and we can agree with them.

Just fix those running animations and it's a wrap for me, I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 169 rckabillyRaider @ 05/28/09 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
it is part of their focus but i gotta disagree.. the major lack of "life" in madden made the game feel DEAD..im glad that presentation was a huge part of their focus this year...its gonna make the game feel totally new but more importanlty..the game will be "FUN" and "EXCITING" to play...
I agree there. Just like when I play The Show, sometimes I might be a bit lazy to sit through a whole game but once I start I just get into it with all the little things that go on which makes it seem like a real game that you would watch on tv. It has the power to make you keep coming back for more.

# 170 Captain Obvious @ 05/28/09 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Man I agree with what you are saying, but let me just say this. Without that speed pocket and the game is already slowed down, there is going to be too much time to pick apart zones. Way too much time. The QB should not be able to just stand there and not feel something. It was something alarming even in the build we played. There was just too much time on a consistent basis.

lbz, pause it when romo is stepping up into the "pocket". its ****ing huge, the ends are like 7-8 yards away from romo. it looks awful.

and i dont wanna here "oh well its pro mode its suppost to be like that" if its on pro we should have an easier time collapsing the pocket around the qb and from this video that is far from the truth. if this is what we get than thats disappointing from all the hype about it. when i first saw gameplay of the pocket in igns "blocking" video is was perfect, it just needed to set up faster and the ends had to try to avoid the tackles and not run right into them, this is like a 180 turn. wtf happened?

# 171 Disqo @ 05/28/09 09:14 PM
I liked the fact there was a pocket now, but I really dislike the commentry, it is so bland and lifeless

# 172 SageInfinite @ 05/28/09 09:15 PM
Nice video. Can't wait to see more. 1 complaint is the post play camera cuts in way too quickly. Guys were just being tackled when the camera cuts kicked in.

# 173 droopizzle34 @ 05/28/09 09:16 PM
Guys! Guys!Guys!

Come on now! The game is not done. Reserve your judgement till you see the finished product man! This is the only game in town,we have to hope your CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM is heard and not your whining and bickering. In no way do I love EA, I have bashed the heck out of them too,but I' just saying save your critics for August 14th. And save your hypeness as well,you know EA can get you ready to run through a wall. We still don't know about WR/DB interaction,franchise mode,and a host of other things......calm down fellas!

# 174 J-Unit40 @ 05/28/09 09:17 PM
Pretty good video. Very good presentation. I like some of the new animations and endzone "team" celebration.

The play-by-play sounds awful though. I feel like I am listening to #Johnny Five from "Short Circuit".

# 175 lolfalconsbeatu @ 05/28/09 09:17 PM
Cant Complaint at all

Excellent Job EA!!!!

Will we get that post game Interview also? lol..I no I'm being greedy -- but I'm really happy with the direction this game is going

# 176 turfguy23 @ 05/28/09 09:17 PM
Great Video! First time, long time. Been playing madden since 92' and this is the best it has looked.

1. watch the TE, LT, and LG on the first run play. Pro-Tak in full affect. The LG destroys the MLB and removes him from the play. The TE pushes Ware out of the play. Physics and leverage will be huge this year.
  2. McNabb switches hands on the counter play. NICE Detail!
  3. WE NOW HAVE A POCKET TO STEP UP INTO!!!! McNabb doesn't step up on the first pass, but it was there, and Romo on the Touchdown stepping up into the pocket brought a tear to my eye.
  4. Maclin is running away from Ellis (DE) and James (LB). No more RB's or WR's getting chased down by slower players. Slowing the game down looks to have created more speed. (What ???)
  5. Great cutscene in the middle/end of the tackle on Maclin. This will add and organic feel to every play in every game. Another great detail!
  6. Watch the TE's on the McNabb sack. They start off the ball slow then pick up momentum as they enter their patterns. Bigger/slower players should act accordingly. DETAIL!
  7. McNabb looks immediatley down field after the play fake to MCcoy. DETAIL!
  8. Love the fight for the ball. The ref throwing players off (DETAIL), the players pushing each other (DETAIL), the two players still fighting for the ball after the ref signals (DETAIL), the eagles getting pissed after the call (DETAIL).
  9. The QB throwing motions. Speechless.
I have a feeling this is only a drop in the bucket for this game. The foundation looks to be layed and they are building a solid game with the details that we all have been hungry for. Keep up the hard work. August 14th will be a revelation for Madden enthusiast in the gaming world.

# 177 rckinAPhilliezhat @ 05/28/09 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
I'm starting to wonder why IGN chopped up the video so much. Just show us the game in action.
e3...saving the best for later..thats all I could assume.

# 178 DaveDQ @ 05/28/09 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Glad someone noticed that. That was a major .

Outside of that, I'm pretty impressed.
Looks like he was user controlled.

# 179 da ThRONe @ 05/28/09 09:20 PM
It seems like they addressed the momentum issues enough but we all have to wait aleast til the demo.

# 180 ScoobySnax @ 05/28/09 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I hate when receivers catch the ball over their shoulder and not look for the ball ala the TD pass, it just looks stupid. Fix that ish please. NFL 2k5 written all over the presentation.
Well damn. Is that not what most of you dudes were complaining about since last August? Some people will never be satisfied.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.