Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Just announced on Spike TV. Another online feature will be revealed at E3. For those of you that missed it, check out the video right here.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Cusefan @ 05/29/09 12:19 AM
Basically this announcement gaurentees Online Franchise. If they were going to do a Be a Pro mode type online thing, that would pretty much negate the need for online Coop.

Either way, I will use it a few times, especially with friends that are not that good at madden but still want to play. My big thing is that they keep this seperate from Ranked Games and Online Franchise games (we hope). Online Coop could easily open up more exploits in the game which would not be a good thing.

# 62 SouthernBrick @ 05/29/09 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsoxguy12
Now I just have one question about this which will effect how frequently I use it.

Do me and my buddy who want to be on the same team have to be playing on the same console to be able to play co-op against 2 other people? Can I talk to him through my headset?
More than likely. Isn't that what private chat is for in case you want to talk to him without the other team hearing you.

# 63 farnzworth @ 05/29/09 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwired21
I dont care about anything online related. I care more about franchise mode. It seems like a gimick for the kids. Im sure some people will like it though.
kids?? like a previous poster has said, this has been an option since the early 90s. I am 30... not a kid... and have been playing since 1989. If anything, this is for the old school guys who have grown up and are no longer living near their friends or families.

# 64 Outkizast @ 05/29/09 12:24 AM
I didn't watch the show... how is it they said this was going to work? I heard someone mention a defensive camera angle???

# 65 jwired21 @ 05/29/09 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farnzworth
kids?? like a previous poster has said, this has been an option since the early 90s. I am 30... not a kid... and have been playing since 1989. If anything, this is for the old school guys who have grown up and are no longer living near their friends or families.
yeah I get what you are saying. I'm 33 so I remember the first football games. (Nothing more fun then running backwards to come out on the other side of the screen to make a tackle on the Commodore 64) I think for me this would be something I'd play once in a while with a few friends over at the house, but not online. But if you could have 11 of your friends on a team, that might get me interested. I could just imagine the lag from it though.

# 66 droopizzle34 @ 05/29/09 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Basically this announcement gaurentees Online Franchise. If they were going to do a Be a Pro mode type online thing, that would pretty much negate the need for online Coop.

Either way, I will use it a few times, especially with friends that are not that good at madden but still want to play. My big thing is that they keep this seperate from Ranked Games and Online Franchise games (we hope). Online Coop could easily open up more exploits in the game which would not be a good thing.
I know alot of people were happy for this! Even though I feel this could be a cheese fest,it's cool.....so once again, I keep ing for ONLINE FRANCHISE!!!!!

# 67 Behindshadows @ 05/29/09 01:02 AM
Doesn't matter to me, I'll never use it! But to some people they've been waiting on it for a while. Good job for implementing it for those who have wished for it.

# 68 DefenceWinsit21 @ 05/29/09 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
like some have said, its not my cup of tea but I can appreciate the feature. Jus lookin forward to hopefully an online franchise monday

Ya Online Franchise would be great.

# 69 Molarmite @ 05/29/09 01:09 AM
Hopefully they have a separate co-op lobby where you and a partner can be ranked and move up the charts.

# 70 The Art Shell Face @ 05/29/09 01:09 AM
Any links to this video online? I'd like to see it.

# 71 dano562003 @ 05/29/09 01:11 AM
I'm happy about this, sounds pretty fun. My friends and I play online all the time, but we have to share turns it kinda sucks.. this should be fun can't wait!

# 72 kmart2180 @ 05/29/09 01:12 AM
Mode would be so much better if it was 4 players co-op and we could all play on the same team in a Franchise. But I guess we gotta take baby steps first. Cannot wait for the day me and my buddies could play our 4 man co-op franchise at our own homes instead of having to all meet up. Still have a slight chance if Online Franchise makes it in. Although not on same team but it will work.

# 73 MelMan1486 @ 05/29/09 01:51 AM
Seems like it's going to be fun to hop on it every now and then and play with a friend... but not a feature I'm looking forward to. Just waiting till E3 to hear the franchise improvements.

# 74 SteelerSpartan @ 05/29/09 01:53 AM
Youtubes got a cam version up

# 75 allgames @ 05/29/09 01:58 AM
At EALA When we were first told about Co-Op i thought it was great for online. Then I was told that you and a friend can only play against the computer not against 2 other people, or even 1 other person.

# 76 Tweeg @ 05/29/09 02:02 AM
It's about time. It should be offering 4 vs 4 though or some kind of team mode like offered in Nba 2k9.

# 77 MUSS @ 05/29/09 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allgames
At EALA When we were first told about Co-Op i thought it was great for online. Then I was told that you and a friend can only play against the computer not against 2 other people, or even 1 other person.
Sucks no 2 on 2 online. BUT me and my brother loved to play co-op in 2K5 (franchise), now that we live 300 miles apart, it should be fun. Hopefully theres an option for playing co-op franchise online.
Also, that other big online announcement.... I can only think that its franchise online. What else could be "big"?

# 78 monkeybutlerz @ 05/29/09 03:42 AM

# 79 xblake16x @ 05/29/09 03:46 AM
NICE!!!

# 80 Glorious Arc @ 05/29/09 03:48 AM
At 1:05-1:08 I could have sworn Ian said people would want to try out online franchise after that...Am I hearing things?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.