Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Interested? Check it out right here.

There's a TON of them! (2,437 to be exact)

*READ BEFORE POSTING*
Before posting that a name is NOT on the list please use CTRL-F (CMD-F on mac) and search for the name. More than likely it WILL be there. Trying to pick a single name out of 2,437 on a list is hard and impractical. Please use this crazy futuristic function called site search to find the name before pronouncing on here that they didn't get a name in you wanted. The list is not quite alphabetized either, so don't try to find a name that way. Just use CTRL-F (CMD-F), trust me it will blow your minds.

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 deaduck @ 05/31/09 11:05 AM
That list is awesome! Sure, there is a few names I wished had made it but you'd have to be just outright stupid not to think this is a huge upgrade.

# 62 Watson @ 05/31/09 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
I looked but just to make sure, Taurus is not on the list right?
Quote:
Toros
will that do?

# 63 Pass_The_Cows @ 05/31/09 12:29 PM
One name I found hilarious when scrolling through was "Albert". I may just have to make the Alabama St Albert now!

# 64 FrostyForeigner @ 05/31/09 12:30 PM
No Hoplites?

# 65 coachchris @ 05/31/09 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Good gosh. For some of you guys, CTRL-F (CMD-F on mac) is your friend. Instead of trying to helplessly pick out a single name on that list of 2,400+ just use CTRL-F (CMD-F) and you browser will auto-magically take you right to it, if it's on the list. This function has been on all the main browsers for years, it's time to learn how to put it to use. End rant.
.....no doubt

All the time in the world to look through a list of 2000+ names to complain their silly HS team name isnt on the list but cant read this post.

Amazing list, tons of names I would of never even thought of.

# 66 moylan1234 @ 06/01/09 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrice4949
OMT could you clarift whether city and state names will be able to be said by the announcers.
from what i've heard all state names will be heard along with state capitols

also, great list but i'm kind of surprised there's no jesters

# 67 OMT @ 06/01/09 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofresno
No Raisins or Bosses haha can't complain tho. that is a huge list of teams. Some are way out there lol. I hope next year that they would do the same thing where you could send in a last name for the announcers to say, but for team names.
Yeah, I'm really considering doing this.

I was expecting a lot more "Why isn't [nickname] in here?! EA stinks!" posts. One thing to note, I had to cut all team names longer than 14 characters because you can't use those in TeamBuilder anyway.

# 68 OMT @ 06/01/09 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows
One name I found hilarious when scrolling through was "Albert". I may just have to make the Alabama St Albert now!
Ack! That is a mistake. If you name your team the Alabama St Albert, Nessler will call them the Gators.

Part of what I pulled over from PS2 had all the mascot names, so if you went into mascot mode using Albert (the Gator's mascot), the game would recognize that you should have Florida Gators audio. I removed them all from the list, but it looks like I missed this one.

# 69 OMT @ 06/01/09 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
from what i've heard all state names will be heard along with state capitols

also, great list but i'm kind of surprised there's no jesters
No, there isn't any state specific commentary.

# 70 Saints21 @ 06/01/09 04:21 PM
Hey guys got a question

My teams name es +23 Paladins...

So far ive seen we cant use + so I used Plus 23 Paladins...

My question is .. when the game says the name of my team it say only Paladins right.. wont there be like a "hole" because it cant say PLus 23?

# 71 Happyvally74 @ 06/01/09 05:24 PM
I was a doubter at first, but this teambuilder application is amazing. I'm pumped to my team in the game.

# 72 Saints21 @ 06/01/09 05:34 PM
hahaah its my flag team.. the sponsors name is +23 thats why I put it like that!!!!!!!!

But I think in the end i'll just pick a state or a city!

BTE I have a good question, why arent we allowed to use outiside countries to make a team!! I know its unrealistic but .. its a game hehe

# 73 OMT @ 06/01/09 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints21
hahaah its my flag team.. the sponsors name is +23 thats why I put it like that!!!!!!!!

But I think in the end i'll just pick a state or a city!

BTE I have a good question, why arent we allowed to use outiside countries to make a team!! I know its unrealistic but .. its a game hehe
You can put them in Canada.

# 74 angels28 @ 06/03/09 11:44 AM
How about Isotopes? For my Springfield Isotopes

Thank you

# 75 Saints21 @ 06/03/09 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
You can put them in Canada.
I changed then to DC Paladins that's cool!!

I have another question regarding the stadium... which stadium names is the game going to recognize?

# 76 mavfan21 @ 06/03/09 02:59 PM
Good find, you are a quality individual!!!

A thousand blessing upon your household!!!

This saves sooooo much time. I hated having to create a name, start a game and then wait to hear if the announcers said it.

# 77 dukerock12 @ 06/03/09 03:15 PM
how do they not have hawks on that list?

# 78 moylan1234 @ 06/03/09 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukerock12
how do they not have hawks on that list?
are you serious man? there's at least 20 different names on the list that have hawks in them including regular hawks. again use control F to find the name you're looking for

# 79 OMT @ 06/03/09 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints21
I changed then to DC Paladins that's cool!!

I have another question regarding the stadium... which stadium names is the game going to recognize?
As far as audio, he won't talk about the stadium unless you give it the exact same name we have in the game.

# 80 moylan1234 @ 06/03/09 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
No, there isn't any state specific commentary.
oh sorry about that i completely misunderstood this post from a while back. I thought you were talking about game audio here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We have all 50 states plus DC and Canada. When creating a team, you type in the name of the city (not pick from a list). If it matches a city in our database, we give it all of that city's attributes (mostly weather stuff). If that city is not in our DB, we match it to the capital of the state.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.