Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

ESPN Videogames have posted another NCAA Football 10 article. This one showing off what's new in the Dynasty mode.

Quote:
"I'm a Dynasty nerd. I admit it. When I hear about a game like "NCAA Football 10," EA can try to sell me on every back-of-the-box feature they've got, but I always follow up with one question: "What's new in Dynasty mode?"

Season after season, I recruit; I play; I recruit some more; and if things work out right, I can change a school's fortunes through a little button finesse and prospect-grooming.

But that just brings me back to my main question. What's new in Dynasty mode for "NCAA Football 10"?

I sat down with EA's architect of everything Dynasty, Ben Haumiller, to find out what's in store this season.

"Don't worry, it's my favorite subject, too," Haumiller says with a laugh about my obsession. "I can talk about Dynasty all day."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/29/09 09:39 PM
I did not see anything wrong in ncaa 09 when trying to convince your jr to stay for his sr year. That happens in the real ncaa college. .

# 22 canes21 @ 05/29/09 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I did not see anything wrong in ncaa 09 when trying to convince your jr to stay for his sr year. That happens in the real ncaa college. .
I don't really like you at all, but I will reply anyways.

The problem was you would spend time on them, but they would not stay when they said they would. Ya get it!!???!?!?!

# 23 Solidice @ 05/29/09 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
it was a problem for online dynasties. no matter what you did, if you were not the commissioner, you were never able to get someone to come back(from leaving early or transferring).

# 24 BLACKjersey53 @ 05/30/09 02:33 AM
will we be able to mix and match uni's for Campus Legend mode?

# 25 superjames1992 @ 05/30/09 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it was a problem for online dynasties. no matter what you did, if you were not the commissioner, you were never able to get someone to come back(from leaving early or transferring).
Ah; that's why I never knew what you all were talking about regarding this. I just play offline dynasties. I never really use Xbox Live much, in fact.

# 26 michigan21 @ 05/30/09 11:12 AM
That interview was completely useless. Wow, I can mix and match uniforms. No info on presentation or anything else ground-breaking. Uniforms. I know these kind of announcements are targeted towards younger gamers, but how about real substance. In game saves anyone? Pre, post game shows? Mix and match uniforms!!

# 27 JoshCA916 @ 05/30/09 11:33 AM
ok so i have a question maybe somebody can answere, with the create a school will it be 2 different templates? one for 360 one for ps3? i ask because i am wanting to know if we can use any created teams or would somebody have to make one for the ps3 if they liked what one looked like for the 360

# 28 sinsation2k4 @ 05/30/09 01:33 PM
I think that the mis-matching uniforms will be nice, but I hope u will be able to see those during an online game or dynasty, because I didnt like the fact that I would wear a specific uniform for the occasion and the person I was playing couldnt see the uniform I had. It would show the default home or away.

# 29 prowler @ 05/30/09 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCA916
ok so i have a question maybe somebody can answere, with the create a school will it be 2 different templates? one for 360 one for ps3? i ask because i am wanting to know if we can use any created teams or would somebody have to make one for the ps3 if they liked what one looked like for the 360
You only have to create one team and it can be downloaded by either system.

# 30 Solidice @ 05/30/09 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCA916
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
You only have to create one team and it can be downloaded by either system.
this, yet another advantage of having a web-based Team creation.

# 31 BSanders @ 05/31/09 02:12 AM
Quote:
but overall, they will come in lower than years past. With that too, they do progress faster now so that they don't stay in that 70 rating. They will still progress to the 80s and 90s, they just won't start there.
I hope this is determined by playing time and how good they do. I don't want guys just improving just to improve.

# 32 IamLEGENDsince87 @ 05/31/09 02:36 AM
so since u can mix n match unis...do all teams have the option of black or white cleats, or will that only apply to the schools that wear white N black???

# 33 ActLikeYouCrow @ 05/31/09 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsation2k4
would wear a specific uniform for the occasion and the person I was playing couldnt see the uniform I had. It would show the default home or away.
hopefully this is fixed

# 34 elgreazy1 @ 05/31/09 11:03 AM
Looks like they're adding in a lot of options that should raise the aesthetic value of the game with Create-a-Team & uniform mixing/matching. This is a big plus and should have been done long ago. Good job on that.

I'm liking the idea of the "gameplanning". It makes a lot of sense & actually rewards players who strategize, manage the game & make smart calls. It sorta reminds me of Tecmo in that on Defense if you select the Offense's correct play it's basically jailbreak! This should add a lot of strategy and serve as a nice "mini-game" throughout the games.

I'm still on the fence as of gameplay. All the bells and whistles don't mean a thing if it doesn't play a solid game of college football.

# 35 bigrice25 @ 05/31/09 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSanders
I hope this is determined by playing time and how good they do. I don't want guys just improving just to improve.

But IRL guys can improve without playing time.

Progression is touchy...

There are so many things that can factor in on how a guy progresses.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.