Home
Madden 2010 News Post

This was just confirmed in the E3 press conference.

Check out the official website for more details.

Quote:
"Madden NFL fans...you asked for it, and now you got it - Online Franchise comes to Madden NFL 10. Compete in leagues of 32 teams, featuring real NFL scheduling, to find out who owns the virtual gridiron.

Announced on stage at the EA E3 2009 press conference, Madden NFL 10 Online Franchise features a robust feature set, including live drafts, player transactions, league message boards, and more - all manageable from your console, remotely through a web browser, or via a custom iPod Touch Application. Your Madden NFL 10 Online Franchise is always just a click away.

Don't worry about being tied to your console for your upcoming Online Franchise live draft. You and your friends can all participate simultaneously from your game console or online, via an Internet connection and web browser. Set your depth chart while waiting in line at the grocery store, and it will automatically be updated for your next game. Have access to your Madden NFL 10 Online Franchise 24/7, 365.

Online Franchise is exclusive to the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 versions of Madden NFL 10, which will be available in stores on August 14th."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/01/09 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
What are the odds I can find 31 people who will play fair and realistic?
Thats going to be the problem. To many people care only about themselves and statis. Right now me and a friend of mine is planning to make a league. We are going to for people who are fair and honest and not been cheap. So hopefully in the next few months mods will allow us to put a post up looking for fair people. A league is going be a big thing to run. It takes time and effert. I one am willing to take time for a league. So long as the people I play with is willing to play fair and not cheese and cheat for a win. But that is why we have message part of franchise now. To alot any cheaters and cheeser to the commish.

# 102 CapnKill @ 06/01/09 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
I bet it's setup like fantasy football - you can pre-set your player priority fo rthe CPU to auto-draft for you.
Possibly, but I hope that's not the only way. In M09 the only way to draft was to pre-set your guys and let the CPU do it. I would be SHOCKED if that was the only way to do it in M10. I didn't ask specifically because I just assumed we'd be allowed to draft manually, which I'm about 99.9999999% certain that will be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBird
Do you play against other people with your franchise? Can you create characters?
Well that's the whole point of on-line franchise, to play against other real people in your on-line franchise.

Good question on #2... will we be able to edit the rosters we chose to use, including creating our own players?

# 103 deltroy @ 06/01/09 07:17 PM
Can you relocate your team and make stadiums etc ect, will they have the extra point show in online franchise??

# 104 Rebel10 @ 06/01/09 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da bears
Is their a link to a video.I was at work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cman
Yea, where is this video everyone is talking about?
I posted the E3 video off of MaddenSimPlayers YouTube here:
http://madden.easportsfans.com/?p=125

This is the ~1min video they showed at E3

# 105 Sauk @ 06/01/09 07:18 PM
To be honest I think the most important question should be, Can you play franchise with LESS than 32 teams.

The chances a 8, 10, 12 or 16 team league/franchise of surviving is MUCH MUCH higher then a 32 team franchise.

So CAN ANYONE answer this question? This would be an absolute game winner for me if this is possible

# 106 TDKing @ 06/01/09 07:19 PM
Salary cap ? Can it be adjusted buy the comish? Free agent bidding wars against the cpu and other users ?

# 107 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/01/09 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Possibly, but I hope that's not the only way. In M09 the only way to draft was to pre-set your guys and let the CPU do it. I would be SHOCKED if that was the only way to do it in M10. I didn't ask specifically because I just assumed we'd be allowed to draft manually, which I'm about 99.9999999% certain that will be the case.

Well that's the whole point of on-line franchise, to play against other real people in your on-line franchise.

Good question on #2... will we be able to edit the rosters we chose to use, including creating our own players?
Well thing with 2k5 online franchise when I play on it. It was hard to get people to play and stuff like that. It will take alot of time put it together. But you must get people who are willing to comment to playing on a weekly bases and following the rules straight up.

# 108 IanCummingsFriend @ 06/01/09 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Hey man, that sounds more like what I would be into. I'm 33 and have been involved in many leagues in 2k's games. Would you mind if I got into that?
Absolutely. You'll enjoy madden 1,000x's more check us out...here's some details. You'll meet some great people, i promise.

www.rfcunited.com

Since September of 2002, the RFCUnited club system has provided an environment in which our members can be assured of a fun, glitch free straight game. The club was founded as an alternative to the 'Public Room" games in which either glitches in the game were exploited or your opponent simply quit if losing. Our club was founded on this rule first and foremost - NO QUITTING GAMES. Other rules were put in place to counter any glitches in the AI that gave someone an unfair advantage.

As Madden has evolved so has the RFCU. Our members range from the highly skilled Madden player to the recreational player that plays who could care less about wins and losses.The two common threads that bind us all are we play straight simulation style football and we value good sportsmanship above all else. If this sounds like the type of environment you'd like to be a part of just follow the instructions below and you can begin to process of joining the best online Madden club out here. And remember, EA Sports didn't create "fair play mode", the RFCU did!!!!

If you would like to be considered for membership in the RFCU, please send an e-mail to: [email protected] with the following information:
  • Your First Name
  • Your Age
  • Your E-mail
  • XBL Gamertag
  • How you heard about the RFCU?
  • Why you are interesting in joining?
Important Note:Please be aware that if you leave out any information, your application will not be processed and you will not be considered for Membership.

# 109 Da Bears @ 06/01/09 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauk
To be honest I think the most important question should be, Can you play franchise with LESS than 32 teams.

The chances a 8, 10, 12 or 16 team league/franchise of surviving is MUCH MUCH higher then a 32 team franchise.

So CAN ANYONE answer this question? This would be an absolute game winner for me if this is possible

yes my friend.

# 110 Mcees4life @ 06/01/09 07:21 PM
Quote:

yes you can play with as few or as many as you want. Go to the Madden website and they have screenshots showing a league with CPU controlled teams

# 111 XtremeDunkz @ 06/01/09 07:21 PM
Quote:

for the 50th time, you can have anywhere from 2-32 users, every other team will be cpu controlled just like offline franchise.

# 112 Tengo Juego @ 06/01/09 07:21 PM
-Will weekly shows and any other franchise improvements as far as presentation goes, be in Online Franchise?

-Do the leagues HAVE to be full? CPU controlled teams?

-Will there be a bidding in free agency? How exactly will that work?

-Will it be easy to drop owners and add owners mid season? Or even possible at all?

-Import NCAA 10 draft classes?

-Team Relocation?

-Will you have the ability to edit player's equipment, information, body types, etc...?

# 113 Rebel10 @ 06/01/09 07:21 PM
Quote:

I can't answer it for sure, but it would only make sense that they allow you to play with fewer than 31 other players and then have the CPU control the other teams. This is how the Online Dynasty worked in NCAA, and I'd imagine Madden will be the same.

# 114 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/01/09 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltroy
Can you relocate your team and make stadiums etc ect, will they have the extra point show in online franchise??
I doubt you will be able th relocate your team for online team. Offline franchise you can. Far as the show been online franchise is yet to be announced. It's only for offline right now.

# 115 SHO @ 06/01/09 07:22 PM
Can you use NCAA draft classes in Online Franchise?

# 116 Sauk @ 06/01/09 07:24 PM
I guess I did not make myself clear...

I meant a league with only that amount of teams, not cpu controlled or user controlled.

If I wanted to setup a 16 team league and get a 16 team schedule for 16 user players only. Not 16 of 32

# 117 kevster2 @ 06/01/09 07:25 PM
I have a question, for anyone who has played OD in NCAA. If there is only 3 human controlled teams in your dynasty and the rest are controlled by the cpu can you assign one of your friends to play as your opponent so you never have to play against the cpu? sort of like online franchise with live opponent, it would be nice if you could do this. Even without this ability online franchise in madden is awesome.

Thanks in advance.

# 118 ahr19 @ 06/01/09 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by will12203
If someone quits or needs to be booted can the the commish just replace em with another human player or cpu player to ensure the franchise runs smoothly?
This is important as well. Very good question.

Also, what is the capability of porting over a draft class from NCAA? Will it work? How would we do it? are the stats realistic?

What happens during disconnects? Can the commish control who wins/loses? Is a replay game possible? Will the game track the stats until the disconnect?

How is progression? Is it realistic? Is it based solely on performance in the game (could promote running up the score)?

How is the salary cap handled? Is it worth it to keep in the franchise and let some teams trade at their peril?

# 119 Nature_Boy @ 06/01/09 07:26 PM
This is great news! We have all been wanting this for a long time now.

# 120 parrothead @ 06/01/09 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCummingsFriend
www.rfcunited.com we are older,most of us, and legit. Check us out we run 32 team leagues smooth. It's basically a small close community for madden as well as other games. I wouldn't be playing madden online if it was not for the U. We have a training camp so check us out!
As a 32 year old high school basketball coach, that sounds like my kind of thing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.