Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out this new Madden NFL 10 video, showing off The Extra Point Halftime Report.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jdr4693 @ 06/03/09 06:22 PM
The more I see of this game the less I like. No highlights in the extra point show , a lame pre game and dull halftime..........

# 42 83evans @ 06/03/09 06:22 PM
Put some NBC music or NFL TA music and it will sound great.

# 43 riichiieriich @ 06/03/09 06:22 PM
Sorry, but this is crap. How is it that a game from 5 years ago has better presentation on a less powerful console than a game in the current gen with MUCH more power on the PS3 and 360?

They made an EFFORT at least, but I won't be watching it at all if it's as wonky as this video shows.

# 44 the drewster @ 06/03/09 06:23 PM
i would rather have no commentary than the short one liners included before the silent clips. its just awkward to have little commentary with none during the clip and they should have at least had someone else do the commentary (her voice is annoying) i might watch this my first game then i will be skipping it every time after that... disappointing.

# 45 thmst30 @ 06/03/09 06:24 PM
Why can't people read from a sheet of paper and make it sound realistic? Give us some fake emotion at the least. Hammond and now this girl are TERRIBLE. Might as well have Microsoft Sam reading the lines to me. Sadly they even got paid to lend their voice "skills" to the game. I guarantee you I could blow these announcers away and hell I would do it for free because it would be awesome to be in the game.

# 46 Tweeg @ 06/03/09 06:24 PM
Wow that wasn't very good at all....

The only thing I liked from that was Orton's towell moving when he threw the long pick to Trufant.

# 47 The Lob Mob @ 06/03/09 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie16
its not the best but hey Its better than nothing!!!
Yes, it is ('nothing' is better) . . .that sucked!

# 48 g2thecore @ 06/03/09 06:25 PM
Also, like someone else mentioned, those aren't even highlights! Who wants to watch a 1 yard run by a QB? If you're going to call it a highlight, at least show HIGHLIGHTS.

# 49 Tweeg @ 06/03/09 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Well I really hate this, ugh...but guys Madden isn't going to be what we want in terms of presentation this year.

There's always next year I guess. This really puts me in a foul mood to be honest.

I'm sitting here staring at my screen completely puzzled, baffled, and unimpressed at all. Yes it's a start, but it's the slowest and most boring start I've ever seen.

And to the guys on the Madden team, you want us to be honest...This is by no means even close to being 2k5...not by a long shot yet.
I don't understand these baby steps at all. 2k5 came out of nowhere with their halftime shows and weekly wrap up.

# 50 berad88 @ 06/03/09 06:26 PM
I thought it was just fine. I do not want some super huge long halftime show. I want to get back to the game.

# 51 RGiles36 @ 06/03/09 06:26 PM
The lack of commentary definitely made the halftime show bland at best. But I'm not going to have a fit over it. Funny how folks are letting just the underwhelming halftime show color the whole presentation upgrade bad ("This stinks, I'm pissed, etc").

# 52 pfunk880 @ 06/03/09 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols/bravesfan
Ok this is what it should be like. I changed my mind that is weak.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9O6j...eature=related
This video was posted on OS earlier today, and I commented on it earlier in this thread. Now, before I comment again, don't get me wrong... I loved NFL 2K5. But let's not pretend that their halftime report was without issues. There are some terribly awkward moments in Berman's commentary. It is blatantly obvious where different things he recorded are pasted together.

And as I mentioned earlier, EA can't even get Hammonds's play-by-play right. They need to nail that down before they add more commentary to the halftime report, especially since even 2K5 had issues with this aspect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I actually think I heard some commentary during the highlights. I could be wrong though.
I think you are wrong on that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83evans
The reason for the dumb highlights (2 yd run etc) is because they probably played the 1st few minutes and then super simmed the rest.
Exactly.

# 53 BigD @ 06/03/09 06:27 PM
I applaud EA for the effort but without question this needs a ton of work. It's better than nothing I guess but it's almost so bad that it isn't worth it.

# 54 spankdatazz22 @ 06/03/09 06:28 PM
I didn't think it'd be much, but that was even worse than I envisioned. Very awkward. PLEASE don't put the robotic movement to NFL Films music. Please. It's already bad enough it plays during replays (or used to at least)

also... 2K5 was five years and a console generation ago. It's no where close to being a fair comparison anymore

# 55 Moegames @ 06/03/09 06:29 PM
I gotta agree..thats a pretty "barebones" half time show...on the flip side, atleast they are "trying" to address the half time stuff..it just needs more real-life feel to it..much more, hopefully madden 2011 will change that... im more concerned with the presentation before game and during game..to me thats the most important thing to me as far as presentation..although a more robust half time and post game show would be a HUGE addition..im referring to REAL commentary backed shows not some silenced show of a few snippets of video and thats that

# 56 thmst30 @ 06/03/09 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I thought it was just fine. I do not want some super huge long halftime show. I want to get back to the game.
You can skip through it. No problem with it being more in-depth when people can skip it if they want. Like I will be skipping this junk this year.

# 57 mikeveli20 @ 06/03/09 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
I don't understand these baby steps at all. 2k5 came out of nowhere with their halftime shows and weekly wrap up.
Me neither. I could understand if we were shown this 3 months ago, but with just over a month before the game goes gold...yikes.

# 58 olemish @ 06/03/09 06:30 PM
Since when did EA Sports start broadcasting the NFL? I'm sick of seeing EA sports all over everything. Why not use sportscenter or fox or nbc? It's like they're trying to advertise their company while you're playing their game, I don't understand this at all. And since this is an "EA Sports broadcast" then wtf are Collinsworth and Hammond doing there... why not have Ian and Phil do the commentary?

# 59 riichiieriich @ 06/03/09 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olemish
Since when did EA Sports start broadcasting the NFL? I'm sick of seeing EA sports all over everything. Why not use sportscenter or fox or nbc? It's like they're trying to advertise their company while you're playing their game, I don't understand this at all.
They have the ESPN license, but you wouldn't know it by playing the game.

It's almost as if EA is just sitting on the ESPN license so no one else can have it.

# 60 SHO @ 06/03/09 06:33 PM
The length is fine, but the lack of commentary on the highlights really kills it for me. And the angles on the replay don't look good either.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.