Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Here is another Madden NFL 10 video. Here Chase captured some Wildcat in a Phins vs. Raiders clip.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 spankdatazz22 @ 06/04/09 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Momentum is definitely in there. Thats strange. Sometimes its there and sometimes its not?
It seems to only occur when there are drastic 180degree directional changes, or the directional changes are very pronounced. When the directional changes aren't as dramatic, no momentum.

# 42 FlyingFinn @ 06/04/09 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
It seems to only occur when there are drastic 180degree directional changes, or the directional changes are very pronounced. When the directional changes aren't as dramatic, no momentum.
If you watch the dolphins/raiders video you will see a play where the RB does a complete 180 without slowing down at all. Twitch gameplay lives on...

# 43 Von Dozier @ 06/04/09 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
I wonder if this was an older build. On the gametrailer's Texans vs Colts video, you see player momentum after the catch on the first play.
Wow, now that's the best Madden 10 vid I've seen so far. Momentum and D-line pressure on every play.

# 44 ex carrabba fan @ 06/04/09 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Wow, now that's the best Madden 10 vid I've seen so far. Momentum and D-line pressure on every play.
There was Dline pressure because it was human vs. human I believe.

# 45 Behindshadows @ 06/04/09 01:10 PM
I really like the videos, but seriously tell Chase to let the cutscenes roll and get the videos longer.

We want to see some presentation, not just him choosing the same play over and over and trying to cheese. Really play the game!

# 46 droopizzle34 @ 06/04/09 02:01 PM
I love the way Pennington dropped the ball in to Ginn between the 2 defenders,that was some sweet passing. I also like seeing JaMarcus on the sideline with the towel and a cup of G! That was nice....

but I dont like the way Williams spun back and ran the other way without having to stop or cut.....BOOOOOO! lol

# 47 LBzrule @ 06/04/09 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
There was Dline pressure because it was human vs. human I believe.
Yeah but not what we want. This is not simply Dline pressure. The dude using the Colts is running Engage Eight almost every play except one. Leaving the middle of the field wide open and as you can see getting in the gun nullified that ish quickly. But then when the guy using the Texans got in the gun and the guy using the Colts went to Cover 3, look how long he has to throw

Now as for the Dolphins vs Raiders video. I'm not liking one thing in this video. I left CD pretty damn confident that Asamougah would be a beast CB in this game. Look at how he is getting owned by Ted Ginn. Mehhh, I'm not going to have harsh words, but we know what shouldn't happen in that match up. Much less Ginn rapes him two plays in a row And both plays are man coverage. I don't like that.

# 48 ex carrabba fan @ 06/04/09 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Yeah but not what we want. This is not simply Dline pressure. The dude using the Colts is running Engage Eight almost every play except one. Leaving the middle of the field wide open and as you can see getting in the gun nullified that ish quickly. But then when the guy using the Texans got in the gun and the guy using the Colts went to Cover 3, look how long he has to throw

Now as for the Dolphins vs Raiders video. I'm not liking one thing in this video. I left CD pretty damn confident that Asamougah would be a beast CB in this game. Look at how he is getting owned by Ted Ginn. Mehhh, I'm not going to have harsh words, but we know what shouldn't happen in that match up. Much less Ginn rapes him two plays in a row And both plays are man coverage. I don't like that.
Good points as usual.

We need to see two humans who know what the hell they're doing.

# 49 turfguy23 @ 06/04/09 02:34 PM
Regarding the defensive line pressure in the video. (maybe this has been pointed out already. If so, sorry)

1. The defense used "engage 8" call with only 3 men playing coverage. That means 8 men are rushing the QB.

2. The offense sends 5 receivers into their pass patterns.

3. The offense keeps 5 guys into block. (11th man is QB)

5. By simple math (hope you get the joke), 8 men rushing vs 5 men pass protecting, leaves 3 UNBLOCKED GUYS FREE TO THE QB!!!!!

This is another example of people blaming the game's AI when in reality it's user error that is at fault.

The game allows you to audible. The game allows you to change pass protection. The game allows you to see what the defense is possibly/probably calling. (you see the safety creep up in the box, hint, hint. The SS is the one who made the sack.

Now on the flip side. If the offense recognizes the 8 man blitz they automatically know they will have a 2 wide open receivers, again, using simple math. 3 defensive players (covering) vs 5 offensive receivers = +2 in favor of the offense.

Football is a chess game. You guess right, bonus. You guess wrong, QB is on IR for the season.

Sometime it's not the AI (artificial intelligence), it the SHI (stupid human intelligence)

# 50 Hammerhunker @ 06/04/09 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
Whoever had the controls was playing like a true Madden gamer, for sure. 3 WR End Arounds in a row, deep pass on 4th down for the conversion, ultimately scoring the TD. What a load of crap...
LOL, I made a comment to myself about that.

# 51 DBoweshow8282 @ 06/04/09 03:41 PM
Guys, im still seeing the same problem that has been annoying us since the beginning of next gen. Why are players turning on a dime with no sense of momentum or weight? Is it the difficulty level? or is this what we should expect from M10? Just look at Ted Ginn Jr. on the kick return. This is not what i was hoping to see.

# 52 atc43 @ 06/04/09 03:57 PM
tha game still looks great other than tha flash type move by tha runner in tha vid its lookin fairly sim to me...at least more than 09

# 53 splff3000 @ 06/04/09 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoweshow8282
Guys, im still seeing the same problem that has been annoying us since the beginning of next gen. Why are players turning on a dime with no sense of momentum or weight? Is it the difficulty level? or is this what we should expect from M10? Just look at Ted Ginn Jr. on the kick return. This is not what i was hoping to see.
Exactly. This has been a big problem for a long time. That's why screens don't work, because the Lineman can just turn on a dime and make a tackle if the RB is BEHIND him. I thought this was supose to be getting fixed. oh well, everything else looked pretty good.........except for the fact that I didn't get to see DMac touch the ball at all. C'mon Chase, where's the love?

# 54 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/04/09 05:06 PM
I am pretty sure this is played on pro in this video. Because some of the other videos I see the D getting the to QB in good time. But the video looks good and thats why we got sliders this year to make it more hard on us.

# 55 DirtyBird @ 06/04/09 05:07 PM
Wildcat formation! Nice vid. Cant wait till august 14.

# 56 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/04/09 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turfguy23
Regarding the defensive line pressure in the video. (maybe this has been pointed out already. If so, sorry)

1. The defense used "engage 8" call with only 3 men playing coverage. That means 8 men are rushing the QB.

2. The offense sends 5 receivers into their pass patterns.

3. The offense keeps 5 guys into block. (11th man is QB)

5. By simple math (hope you get the joke), 8 men rushing vs 5 men pass protecting, leaves 3 UNBLOCKED GUYS FREE TO THE QB!!!!!

This is another example of people blaming the game's AI when in reality it's user error that is at fault.

The game allows you to audible. The game allows you to change pass protection. The game allows you to see what the defense is possibly/probably calling. (you see the safety creep up in the box, hint, hint. The SS is the one who made the sack.

Now on the flip side. If the offense recognizes the 8 man blitz they automatically know they will have a 2 wide open receivers, again, using simple math. 3 defensive players (covering) vs 5 offensive receivers = +2 in favor of the offense.

Football is a chess game. You guess right, bonus. You guess wrong, QB is on IR for the season.

Sometime it's not the AI (artificial intelligence), it the SHI (stupid human intelligence)
Very true my friend very true.

# 57 bang911 @ 06/04/09 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
I wonder if this was an older build. On the gametrailer's Texans vs Colts video, you see player momentum after the catch on the first play.
Watching both these videos of Madden 10 is like night and day... they MUST have different versions of the Madden 10 game at E3. That is why we are seeing a lot of things that remind us of Madden 09.

# 58 bang911 @ 06/04/09 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalise89
ONLY CONCERN: the raiders guy drops the interception like nothing, the ball was right in his hand as he jumped on the route, how and why does this always happen year after year so easy, the pros hardly miss the ones that they jump routes on. come on
True that, I hate how such a poorly thrown pass can be JUMPED by the CB and they drop it!?

# 59 thmst30 @ 06/04/09 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
Watching both these videos of Madden 10 is like night and day... they MUST have different versions of the Madden 10 game at E3. That is why we are seeing a lot of things that remind us of Madden 09.
They only have one build at E3. They wouldn't take different builds that were so different. My guess is the biggest difference was the difficulty rating, and the fact that the Gametrailers vid was user vs. user.

# 60 Fresh Prince @ 06/04/09 05:58 PM
Madden confirms it: Breakout season for Teddy Ginn.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.