Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Here is another Madden NFL 10 video. Here Chase captured some Wildcat in a Phins vs. Raiders clip.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 ChaseB @ 06/04/09 06:12 PM
OK, just got to the airport, where I will now be for quite some time (left a bit early from E3 because I didn't want to deal with the Lakers-Magic/rush hour LA traffic).

First off, everyone take a few deep breaths....I'll wait.

OK, feel better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
In all the videos, especially the Bronco ones, the QB has 5-7 seconds to throw. Is this due to the level they are playing on? Because if not, this is a HUGE problem. I hope it is level based or can be adjusted before August.

C
I've seen similar forms of this question come up throughout the threads, so just want to bring it up. I am pretty sure the Phins video is on Pro, but regardless, my understanding is that this part of the game is still being tuned a bit. On All-Pro there was more pressure on the QB on a more consistent basis, and I think some of the videos that will be coming over the weekend will show that -- I'd upload them now but the airport Internet makes it not worth the attempt.

There are still some instances where you have 5-7 seconds in the pocket on All-Pro, and I certainly think those should be pretty rare, but I also think EA realizes this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
I really like the videos, but seriously tell Chase to let the cutscenes roll and get the videos longer.

We want to see some presentation, not just him choosing the same play over and over and trying to cheese. Really play the game!
If you're talking about the GameTrailers video, that obviously isn't me. If you're talking about the Phins/Raiders video, that also isn't me! Bryan (PastaPadre) was playing as the Phins in that video. He = the garbo bum.

The video length is pretty much going to be around 2-2:30 mins. It's just easier to upload them onto the server when they are around that length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Okay, so......

Good vid? I don't think so.

First, a small good thing is the footspeed definitely seems to differentiate between players, and be heavily ratings based. And the new speed sliders could possibly even make the overall footspeed more realistic.

But, I didn't see not one 3-man gangtackle. I wasn't aware PRO-TAK is suppose to turn guys into Superman. They do a great imitation of him. Too bad they don't keep their feet on the ground, and pursue the tackle better.

Not one 3-man gangtackle, even! Forget 9-man tackles. Where was a/any 3-man tackle?! That vid looked straight like 09. That's a tough vid to watch.

WTF happened to PRO-TAK???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Relax, they are in there. Once again, breathe in some delicious oxygen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
They only have one build at E3. They wouldn't take different builds that were so different. My guess is the biggest difference was the difficulty rating, and the fact that the Gametrailers vid was user vs. user.
There were different builds on different days of the show, but I think it just cleaned up some of the graphical stuff and some in-game hitching. For example, the first day the PS3 version was really slow frame-rate wise, but then it was normal on the second day. Also on the first day both games would hitch and stop for a moment at various points, and on the second day I didn't notice that either.

You definitely can get a little more pressure user vs. user, but as I said before, my understanding is that they are still tuning the AI when it comes to this situation.

A final note. I'm not here to tell you guys how to feel, but generally you will get a better response all around when you can point out some good and some bad, rather than just pile on or WRITE LIKE THIS TO POINT OUT RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

# 62 thmst30 @ 06/04/09 06:18 PM
Thanks!

# 63 TreyIM2 @ 06/04/09 06:27 PM
ChaseB - That's whussup. Now just hurry up and get yo *** home and upload dem damn vids! Lol. Just messin'...But seriously, hurry. Lol. Good post.

And the point about piling on and the rage caps needs to be adhered to. I made a very sarcastic showing up of a couple folks up here that almost got me banned but I was trying to make a point and knew the consequences. Sometimes, I can be subtle then other times, I can hurt feelings. That's the Libra balance in me. Lol. Bottom line, people need to stop with the all out hate in their posts. Nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism but some people have no clue of how to speak positively, as well, and just complain about every little thing.

Oh, about the PS3 version, good to know something was cleaned up because I had heard that the PS3 was behind the 360 in visuals at the point of the IGN hands-on report. I really am fearing a repeat of the Madden 08 deal. That was sickening and cost me extra money than it should have.

Anywayz, keep up the good work. I cannot wait for the other vids u post. That Gametrailers vid was hands down the BEST Madden 10 vid I've seen. My mouth was watering, almost literally.

# 64 ChaseB @ 06/04/09 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2k9
After the opening kickoff I saw the Raider player walk through the players standing on the sidelines as if they were ghosts! I see they still haven't fixed this problem! How hard is it to get some collision detection for the sidelines? They should also add collision detection for the endzone pylons. It's almost 2010 & we shouldn't have players walking through anything with all the technology we have at our disposal. Sorry to nitpick but this has bugged me for years with Madden.
It's a problem in every sports video game unfortunately. Ghosting/clipping is just something you kind of have to deal with I think.

# 65 Thirty3 Degrees @ 06/04/09 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
It's a problem in every sports video game unfortunately. Ghosting/clipping is just something you kind of have to deal with I think.
APF2K8 had player collisions on the sidelines.

# 66 cgbandit @ 06/04/09 11:19 PM
My biggest complaint is when are they going to make the players more realistic looking. I mean they are so small with skinny legs. Same with NBA Live. And the stadiums are small also. You should feel like your surrounded by fans and the noise. If you compare the players and the stadiums to that other football game from 2005 , you will see there is no comparison...

# 67 Benicio10 @ 06/05/09 01:20 AM
i'm tired of watching something we're not happy with and then the excuse being "well it was played on Pro."

Play the game on All-Pro will ya? So we can see what it's like?!

# 68 Exonerated @ 06/05/09 04:51 AM
Well sending 3 men against a 6 man front isn't gonna help you get pressure.

Or even 4 against 5.

Both of these teams have mediocre Dlinemen. I wouldn't expect much pressure, unless its from blitzes.

# 69 ChaseB @ 06/05/09 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty3 Degrees
APF2K8 had player collisions on the sidelines.
I'm not trying to say there aren't degrees in between when it comes to the issue, just that no sports game has solved the issue entirely.

# 70 DirtyBird @ 06/05/09 08:58 AM
Well Chase heres some good news, I like the game lol and the players going through each other doesn't really bother me, It used to in the earlier years but i learned to get used to it.

# 71 LBzrule @ 06/05/09 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated

Or even 4 against 5.

Both of these teams have mediocre Dlinemen. I wouldn't expect much pressure, unless its from blitzes.
You wouldn't expect Joey Porter as a 4th rusher and Derrick Burgess to bring something? especially when these Olines are not that good? Maybe not get a sack but they should be back there in the QB's face. Penny is making a peanut butter and jelly time sandwich.

# 72 Cryolemon @ 06/05/09 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riichiieriich
I also think the Wildcat formation will be abused in online play, especially with teams that have 2 great RB's.
I didn't see any evidence of that in the video.

# 73 DirtyBird @ 06/05/09 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
I didn't see any evidence of that in the video.
That wasn't an online game and i don't think it will be abused if you know how to stop it

# 74 splff3000 @ 06/05/09 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
You wouldn't expect Joey Porter as a 4th rusher and Derrick Burgess to bring something? especially when these Olines are not that good? Maybe not get a sack but they should be back there in the QB's face. Penny is making a peanut butter and jelly time sandwich.
LMAO

# 75 cedwebb @ 06/05/09 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
LOL so we end up getting pockets formed at the expense of D-Line rushing pressure. So looks like we got great graphical/animation and presentation updates combined with a lackluster online franchise (that is being done server side so they have a possibility of updating it). Still no word on 3-4 linemen drawing double teams or whether DE in the 4-3 mold can be moved to OLB in the 3-4.
We didn't have any D-line pressure last year, the QB got rid of it too fast! I am hoping that they are focussing on showing that a pocket will form and thats why we are seeing so much time for the QB. Remember that we are supposed to get a massive amount of sliders this year so that stuff can be tweaked if needed. Hopefully! I just keeping thinking how the big thing this year was to be able to sit in a pocket and I hope they are just showing that and nothing more.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.