Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted his impressions of Madden NFL 10.

Quote:
"The CPU AI is immensely improved from what I saw on All-Pro difficulty. The CPU was throwing the deep ball, breaking off big runs, and mixing up the play calling. Going up against that for the first time caught me off guard and I ended up paying the price. Surely there will be weaknesses found but I was impressed with the way the CPU attacked in some situations but played it safe in others such as a draw on 3rd and long."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 cdon2k @ 06/05/09 11:21 PM
I really hope they are doing some tuning Adem; although it seems really risky to do anything major being so close to final. I wonder if they can do further "tuning" through patches after release. I would think so.

# 42 blklightning @ 06/05/09 11:57 PM
running the ball is my favorite aspect of the game. so if the run game is indeed broken this year as it was last year, this is a no buy for me.

# 43 ChaseB @ 06/06/09 12:06 AM
I still say you just stink at running Pasta. I didn't have nearly as much trouble running the ball as you did. You = garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Love my boy Pasta, but he's definitely on the take....

"I was relieved that Pro Tak didn't take over the experience..."

As in, you never see it lol... I think I saw it 3 or 4 times in all of those videos that are up. I have heard people say that it shouldn't be frequent, but get real... the majority of plays up the middle should result in a multi player tackle at the end of the run.

To make matters worse, one of the more prominent moments where I saw it in action was very strange; It happened right after a reception, the wr turned up field and got in a "fight for every yard" situation with no momentum after the turn and near the sideline caught between a safety and a chasing db haha...

I really have to stop or i'll be labeled a *****

All said, I am buying this game!
True story: I saw Pasta accept money directly from several EA developers during E3....This story and more coming up on the 11 o'clock OS Report.

# 44 SoxFan01605 @ 06/06/09 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I still say you just stink at running Pasta. I didn't have nearly as much trouble running the ball as you did. You = garbage.

True story: I saw Pasta accept money directly from several EA developers during E3....This story and more coming up on the 11 o'clock OS Report.
lol...but of course you, as a fine upstanding OS reporter, would never accept such "gifts." This stinks of misdirection.

# 45 SoxFan01605 @ 06/06/09 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
Why No Offline Franchise from the Pastapadre?

I haven't seen anyone from E3 really say anything new about.
He addressed that earlier in this thread, I believe. He said it's hard to dive into in the E3 environment and all that.

EDIT: of course, given Chase's "breaking news", it could all be a massive cover-up from a known EA stooge...lol

# 46 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/06/09 12:12 AM
Quote:

Gosh Chase you taking a shot at pasta. You must not like tha guy much are playing one. This is getting interesting. Tonight at 11 lol. Stay tuned folks this is just getting good.

# 47 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/06/09 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
He addressed that earlier in this thread, I believe. He said it's hard to dive into in the E3 environment and all that.

EDIT: of course, given Chase's "breaking news", it could all be a massive cover-up from a known EA stooge...lol
Yea thats what he said. When you got tons of people around wanting to try it out. It's hard for them to really have the time to go through the other modes on the game. Ian will do blogs on offline franchise in the next few weeks. Just chill out and give him time.

# 48 TreyIM2 @ 06/06/09 12:26 AM
Wow, u guys just don't want me to goto bed, eh? It's 12:20a over here and I got ish to do in the morn, darnnit!! Lol. Who knows, I could be up in the next hour and 39 minutes, the way I just don't goto sleep, anyway. Sheesh.

Now, as for pasta's hands on report - Nice! Anyway u put it, the game is still not at final code. Those sound like tweaks that can be easily done based on what Ian said on one of his earlier EA blogs about the tech being able to be easily tuned. I think that was also evident in another hands on report where it was said that certain things were happening on day one that were near to non-existent by day two possibly due to tweaking of the builds overnight.
Either way, I ain't too worried...except for that one thing about the PS3 version not being on par with the 360 version that I read a couple days ago on IGN. Hope they can get that together quickly, as well.

# 49 jerryrice4949 @ 06/06/09 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
Just the sense I got is that it won't be done for this year. I suppose it remains a possibility but I'm not expecting that until 11.
Then it would be an online league. No cap and no contracts, really means a 10 year league. That is not a franchise mode.

# 50 edaddy @ 06/06/09 12:28 AM
Quote:

Did you get any feel for the fatigue system while you played?..was it non existent or did fatigue get potrayed realisically?..and did you notice any PI penalties?

# 51 Smoke316 @ 06/06/09 09:47 AM
yea im hoping the fatigue system is on pt this yr

# 52 daplayawitdafunk @ 06/06/09 10:17 AM
Something that I have noticed from the Videos is the lack of Instant Replays. Maybe its been spoken too already, but im not seeing too many, if any replays after touchdowns or big plays. That is a major concern...

# 53 Skyboxer @ 06/06/09 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
This is the quote I like.

"The CPU AI is immensely improved from what I saw on All-Pro difficulty. The CPU was throwing the deep ball, breaking off big runs, and mixing up the play calling. Going up against that for the first time caught me off guard and I ended up paying the price. Surely there will be weaknesses found but I was impressed with the way the CPU attacked in some situations but played it safe in others such as a draw on 3rd and long."

Yep me too! As for as Online franchise goes I'm taking the 1st effort look at it. It's in and it can only get better. Really pumped for the game.

# 54 FOREST007 @ 06/06/09 11:39 AM
I'm sorry, i appreciate the write, but what did he say that wasn't already mentioned? i feel he just hit all the new improvements and gave everybody reassurance to let their guard down.

besides, i never really see Pasta saying anything negative...im sure the game isn't completely perfect (pointin out small presenation issues isn't really sayin much negative).

but it seems that Ian trusts Pasta, so the feedback he did mention to Ian is appreciated. hopefully they have another community day and those same guys can give Ian their unbiased opinion

# 55 pastapadre @ 06/06/09 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Did you get any feel for the fatigue system while you played?..was it non existent or did fatigue get potrayed realisically?..and did you notice any PI penalties?
In the games where I played for an extended period (at least a half) on All-Pro it seemed like it did begin to play a role. That was with 4 minute accelerated quarters too so not nearly as long as most of us will be playing. Tough to say one way or the other based on sample size though.

# 56 adembroski @ 06/06/09 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007
I'm sorry, i appreciate the write, but what did he say that wasn't already mentioned? i feel he just hit all the new improvements and gave everybody reassurance to let their guard down.

besides, i never really see Pasta saying anything negative...im sure the game isn't completely perfect (pointin out small presenation issues isn't really sayin much negative).
Actually, Pasta was quite hard on M09, especially for robo-QB.

# 57 marcoyk @ 06/06/09 04:02 PM
Thanks for the info. Glad to hear that CP is lethal.

# 58 boritter @ 06/06/09 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Wow! So anyone can just come along and randomly join a franchise. This is getting worse by the minute
That sounds problematic.

Nevertheless, Madden 10 sounds much improved. I want to give credit where it is due: Ian & co. have done a great job this year. It seems like they have added more in one development cycle than was added in the previous two years.

# 59 Matt10 @ 06/06/09 04:06 PM
Where are the penalties? Be nice to see.

# 60 ChuckaLuk @ 06/06/09 04:13 PM
I hope they fix the damn replays on the PS3 version i can't stand how the ball doesen't spiral when it leaves the QB's hands. It looks like he's throwing a loaf of wheat bread.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.