Home
Madden 2010 News Post

I was a bit concerned with the E3 build (like most of you probably were) that were a lot of times where defenders would just bounce off instead of wrapping up. I am happy to say it is much improved...just played a full game against Donny (I was Vikings, he was Cardinals - he killed me BTW), and it was WAY better ... much more predictable and reliable than the E3 build.

I dug deeper to see what happened and found out that before E3 there was some tuning being done to dictate when gang tackles could be triggered, and the primary criteria was the angle of the ballcarrier in relation to the ground. Meaning, if a player was about to fall / touch the ground, he shouldn't be able to be gang tackled (obviously because he would warp back to upright). Apparently there were a few bugs in this calculation though, so often times it would think he was leaned over when in fact he wasn't. Now it has been tuned much more appropriately, and the gang tackles are really looking great.

As a side note, the momentum in PRO-TAK is also much more pronounced as well (and also finally doesn't stop when the players engage...it keeps moving throughout the tackle) Both Beanie Wells and Peterson really felt like they were carrying those first 2 defenders when they had a head of steam...which looked and felt great. Unfortunately I don't have vids but I'll try to get some soon.

Thought you'd like the update...on to looking at everyone's other favorite issue - the pass rush!

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Krodis @ 06/06/09 05:14 PM
Thanks a lot for the update Ian, keep up the good work.

# 2 DocHolliday @ 06/06/09 05:15 PM
Ian the Pass Rush seems to be the final thing you guys need to knock this out of the park!

Get those DE's down field!

# 3 JBucc @ 06/06/09 05:16 PM
Sounds good! I definitely though some of the tackles in the E3 vids looked weird, glad to see it's been fixed.

# 4 bowdown2shadi @ 06/06/09 05:18 PM
Thanks, Ian. Sounds great.

We welcome all gameplay vids man, so please try your best to get as many up

Thanks man, because of you and the rest of the gang, yall got my $60.

# 5 countryboy @ 06/06/09 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I was a bit concerned with the E3 build (like most of you probably were) that were a lot of times where defenders would just bounce off instead of wrapping up. I am happy to say it is much improved...just played a full game against Donny (I was Vikings, he was Cardinals - he killed me BTW), and it was WAY better ... much more predictable and reliable than the E3 build.

I dug deeper to see what happened and found out that before E3 there was some tuning being done to dictate when gang tackles could be triggered, and the primary criteria was the angle of the ballcarrier in relation to the ground. Meaning, if a player was about to fall / touch the ground, he shouldn't be able to be gang tackled (obviously because he would warp back to upright). Apparently there were a few bugs in this calculation though, so often times it would think he was leaned over when in fact he wasn't. Now it has been tuned much more appropriately, and the gang tackles are really looking great.

As a side note, the momentum in PRO-TAK is also much more pronounced as well (and also finally doesn't stop when the players engage...it keeps moving throughout the tackle) Both Beanie Wells and Peterson really felt like they were carrying those first 2 defenders when they had a head of steam...which looked and felt great. Unfortunately I don't have vids but I'll try to get some soon.

Thought you'd like the update...on to looking at everyone's other favorite issue - the pass rush!

Thanks for the update Ian.

# 6 MVP23 @ 06/06/09 05:18 PM
U also need to work on the Running animations. How about we get some videos on the Wr and db fighting for the ball.

# 7 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/06/09 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Ian the Pass Rush seems to be the final thing you guys need to knock this out of the park!

Get those DE's down field!
Yea he has done noted that on the top of things he needs to do this week. He already said on twitter the other day that they will fix the pass rush this week. So nothing to worry bout. Thanks for the update Ian. Keep it up bro.

# 8 thmst30 @ 06/06/09 05:19 PM
THANK YOU!!! That was my #1 concern from the E3 vids. Where defenders were bouncing off tackles just like they always have. Good to know it was a tuning issue and is already fixed. Seriously that's HUGE news to me. Rock on Ian!

# 9 cedwebb @ 06/06/09 05:19 PM
Nice to hear buddy! Care to share a little footage from that game you played. In all the vids we have seen there has not been any real AP vids, such a shame as he defines fighting for the extra yard!

# 10 SteelerSpartan @ 06/06/09 05:19 PM
Sounds good

Yeah the Pass Rush needs some help too...teams like the Giants should be able to get good pressure with just 4

It would be great, if in a couple of weeks we could get another Vid of you guys playing SIM like last year

# 11 Jamin23 @ 06/06/09 05:20 PM
can we get some screen shots, or possibly a video?

# 12 Static Puppet @ 06/06/09 05:20 PM
Thanks for the update. Good to know you're still tuning everything until it's right.

# 13 DGuinta1 @ 06/06/09 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
+1

# 14 bcruise @ 06/06/09 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
Er...

Quote:
Welcome back Ian.

# 15 Moegames @ 06/06/09 05:24 PM
Thx for the update - you guys are doing a remarkable job this year, dont let the negative people get in your way..far more people are appreciating the improvements this year

# 16 D0NTSH0OTME @ 06/06/09 05:25 PM
Please make sure to account for the defensive line's gap assignments when you are fixing their rush tactics.

# 17 Bgamer90 @ 06/06/09 05:26 PM
Nice Ian. I kinda figured that this would get worked on.

So we got that, got the tuning of the pass rush, I guess the last major thing we want to know now is if you guys can improve the running animations in any way.

# 18 DGuinta1 @ 06/06/09 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Nice Ian. I kinda figured that this would get worked on.

So we got that, got the tuning of the pass rush, I guess the last major thing we want to know now is if you guys can improve the running animations in any way.
Amen! Please say Yes!

# 19 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/06/09 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Thx for the update - you guys are doing a remarkable job this year, dont let the negative people get in your way..far more people are appreciating the improvements this year
Very true. Alot of people care bout you Ian and your team. We support you big time. Keep up the great work.

# 20 Pbrown88 @ 06/06/09 05:28 PM
Sounds good Ian

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.