Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Here is another video from NCAA Football 10. 3 and out for Bama, missing a wide open receiver down the middle of the field on 3rd down. Va. Tech starts their drive.

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 adamcsay @ 06/09/09 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grydnt Vektr211
is it just me or does it seem like NCAA took the backseat this yr in game improvements just to let Madden surpass it?
this year? i think you meant every year.

ncaa has always been madden's little bitch unfortunately.

# 22 Palo20 @ 06/09/09 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Chase....the receiver over the middle was WIDE OPEN. lol

Thanks for the vids.
The WR turned the wrong way on the curl route. Hope that's not a common thing.

# 23 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/09/09 02:54 AM
Great vdeo stuff thanks again. I really can't wait for the game to come out next month.

# 24 moylan1234 @ 06/09/09 03:26 AM
i'm blown away just can't wait to get my hands on

# 25 countryboy @ 06/09/09 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I wasn't playing, just recording.
my bad....

# 26 Happyvally74 @ 06/09/09 11:58 AM
Welcome to the Suck

Quote:
Just curious as what in these videos blow you away?

# 27 rudyjuly2 @ 06/09/09 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Well said.. and for the record the speed on last gen was perfect.. It has been jacked up ever since the 360/PS3 era. Speed was the first thing I noticed when the first vids started to come out.
I agree and disagree at the same time. I too loved the speed of last gen. But the speed of the players on next gen is slower than it used to be, not faster imo. The biggest difference is the lack of momentum and weight the players had in the PS2 versions.

I don't have a problem with the game speed, just the feel of the players. I thought the game speed of players in NCAA 09 on the PS3 was actually too slow. Just look how long it takes a player to run 40 yards in the game. It takes forever.

# 28 Solidice @ 06/09/09 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyvally74

the windsocks of course! they always blow me away!

# 29 steelers1 @ 06/09/09 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree and disagree at the same time. I too loved the speed of last gen. But the speed of the players on next gen is slower than it used to be, not faster imo. The biggest difference is the lack of momentum and weight the players had in the PS2 versions.

I don't have a problem with the game speed, just the feel of the players. I thought the game speed of players in NCAA 09 on the PS3 was actually too slow. Just look how long it takes a player to run 40 yards in the game. It takes forever.
I think the speed is way too fast in the game, but I think another problem is that there is a huge range of speeds that is unrealistic. A 99 speed guy might run a 4.1 40 (in game) but a 70-75 speed guy might take over 6 seconds which is just wrong. Also every player is at top speed right away and never actually has to slow down (no momentum/acceleration) to turn so it just makes it seem very arcadey and fast.

The ball speed is also absolutely ridiculous, and I think that probably hurts the gameplay worse that anything. Less time for defenders to react, less trajectory on passes... a 30 yard pass never gets more than 8 yards off the ground... and the ball isn't thrown any softer on lobs, it just shoots up at a 75 degree angle.

# 30 sportzbro @ 06/09/09 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
I swear this has to be sarcasm

Quote:

I think that, and the running animations are our biggest problems.

# 31 sportzbro @ 06/09/09 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
The ball speed is also absolutely ridiculous, and I think that probably hurts the gameplay worse that anything. Less time for defenders to react, less trajectory on passes... a 30 yard pass never gets more than 8 yards off the ground... and the ball isn't thrown any softer on lobs, it just shoots up at a 75 degree angle.
This also felt perfect in last gen. The ball floated just right, and darts had an accurate amount of zip..

also the ball didn't look huge or like it was made of extremely polished plastic.

# 32 rudyjuly2 @ 06/09/09 01:04 PM
Quote:
Completely agree. I know Madden fixed this and it seems as if NCAA is a little better but still too fast. On one deep ball in a video, it did appear as though the ball actually stayed on the screen rather than hit the moon on the way down.

Sometimes I wonder if they boosted pass speeds to help cut down on cpu INTs. Imagine how many they would have thrown last year if the pass speeds were slowed down and the pass blocking toned down.

# 33 noplace @ 06/09/09 01:08 PM
Just horrible. I will rent this until Madden drops. Never have I've been more excited about Madden than NCAA but this is the year for me until they step it up. Sad because I love the college game more but refuse to play an inferior game.

# 34 KG @ 06/09/09 01:09 PM
Quote:

I agree. It's the lack of momentum and the speed cheats that led to the Wide Open Gameplay BS last year. I always felt like during the PS2 days I had much more control over my players, especially when the ball is in the air. If they added momentum and realistic acceleration it would lead to a much less arcady feel. Also, please tone down the spin moves, especially in between the hash marks. If you spin like that in real life your career won't be very long.

# 35 moylan1234 @ 06/09/09 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyvally74
Welcome to the Suck

umm, everything. sorry i think it looks great

# 36 Tuxedo9000 @ 06/09/09 04:19 PM
Quote:
umm, everything. sorry i think it looks great
It looks great if you loved '09 and didn't hear what Madden did in one dev cycle. It looks pretty good, and I'm glad they fixed some problems, but not great. That's my opinion but I respect yours.

# 37 superjames1992 @ 06/09/09 04:21 PM
Quote:
I agree. It was like this on last-gen, too, especially NCAA 07. I wish EA would fix this.

# 38 moylan1234 @ 06/09/09 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo9000
It looks great if you loved '09 and didn't hear what Madden did in one dev cycle. It looks pretty good, and I'm glad they fixed some problems, but not great. That's my opinion but I respect yours.
it looks nothing like 09 i didn't like that game. hearing what they did and actually feeling the differences while playing are worlds apart

# 39 sportzbro @ 06/09/09 04:25 PM
Quote:
it looks nothing like 09
i am honestly baffled by people who say this.

# 40 moylan1234 @ 06/09/09 04:26 PM
and i'm honestly baffled by people who say the opposite so i guess we're even

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.