Home
Tiger Woods 10 News Post

For those of you that purchased Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10, please post your impressions here.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Pappy Knuckles @ 06/09/09 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmeH
Did anyone do the Daily Tourney for today at Torrey Pines?

They definitely didn't spare anything with the difficulty. Long rough, slow greens, rain, and 20 MPH winds. The best I could manage is a 91 lol...good for 29th. I'd like to know how someone scored a -18 for that round...they're beating everyone else by at least 10 strokes. Hopefully the game doesn't get that easy once you master it lol
Man that was tough as hell. In the Tour Pro lobby I think the top guy had -10. I finished something like 8 over par. I was pretty good decent on the front 9, but on the back 9 I fell to pieces.

# 62 OnlookerDelay @ 06/10/09 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99
So is there two different difficulties online? The default and then Tour Pro?
It's called Amateur and Tour Pro mode this year. But yes, online matches, Dailies, and Weeklies are either Amateur or Tour Pro.

Quote:
Liking all the impressions I've been reading, so think I may have to run by Gamestop tommrow and pick it up.
I can already say that this one is by far and away the best of the next-gen series! The Live Tournaments are incredibly fun. So far, I'm getting more out of the offline season mode than I thought I would. It definitely has more of a "event" feel to it now. I've just played one round. I'm really interested to see how it heats up in rounds 3 and 4.

# 63 Jonesey @ 06/10/09 12:05 AM
My big question.. is the rubberband AI still present?

# 64 Thadeus @ 06/10/09 12:06 AM
This game is almost unplayable due to the difficulty. The idiots at EA made it so hard that I played the first challenge at St. Andrews, which is supposed to be easy, and Paula Creamer birdied every hole. Complete bull****. Have fun guys.

# 65 Flightwhite24 @ 06/10/09 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmeH
Did anyone do the Daily Tourney for today at Torrey Pines?

They definitely didn't spare anything with the difficulty. Long rough, slow greens, rain, and 20 MPH winds. The best I could manage is a 91 lol...good for 29th. I'd like to know how someone scored a -18 for that round...they're beating everyone else by at least 10 strokes. Hopefully the game doesn't get that easy once you master it lol
I played it and it was "BRUTAL". Still loved every minute of it. I was in 12th place when I was done. I don't remember what I shot but it was well over par. The guy with the -18 must be Tigerest. I don't see how it was possible in those conditions. 20+ mph winds.

# 66 TimmeH @ 06/10/09 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
I played it and it was "BRUTAL". Still loved every minute of it. I was in 12th place when I was done. I don't remember what I shot but it was well over par. The guy with the -18 must be Tigerest. I don't see how it was possible in those conditions. 20+ mph winds.
That guy is also leading the Amateur Challenge with a -28. I'm pretty sure he must not have left his TV all day as he repeatedly plays these challenges over and over

# 67 Pappy Knuckles @ 06/10/09 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeus
This game is almost unplayable due to the difficulty. The idiots at EA made it so hard that I played the first challenge at St. Andrews, which is supposed to be easy, and Paula Creamer birdied every hole. Complete bull****. Have fun guys.
I agree that some of the "easy" challenges can be a bit of a challenge, but it's not as bad as you're making it out to be. I played that Paula Creamer challenge earlier and beat it on the first try. She made a lot of shots but she missed her fair share too. I find the best thing to do is try to play conservative and make sure that you're at least making pars. If you stick with her she'll mess up and you can capitalize. You should give it another shot man.

# 68 mexmarkjen @ 06/10/09 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Man that was tough as hell. In the Tour Pro lobby I think the top guy had -10. I finished something like 8 over par. I was pretty good decent on the front 9, but on the back 9 I fell to pieces.
I played this beast as well (with Jim Furyk, as my golfer "DerGar" is just nowhere near good enough yet to compete on his own). I only play Tour Pro like most of you guys; I shot 78, +6 with Jimmy and finished in 77th place. I hit the ball very well, but my putting was not good - and I am using the meter (for now).

Liking it early on, but my minor complaints would be:
1. Furyk's swing is not even close to his real swing
2. It was pouring rain at Torrey; can't the golfers and crowd be dressed in rain gear?

Back to building my guy; how in the heck is Onlooker putting without the meter so early on? Wow.

My gamertag is Xcommish

# 69 CVC0004 @ 06/10/09 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I'm not sure, I will have to check in a little bit.

Edit: After trying a couple different things, it doesn't appear that you can. Can anyone else confirm this?

So I take it we can not use the tour pros again this year in the PGA Tour season mode and we have to use our created player?

# 70 OnlookerDelay @ 06/10/09 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeus
Whoa, I beat Paula on my third try! Yes, I lost to her twice while I was still playing the Tournament Challenge at "Tour Pro", while my 4-5 created player was still using "Beginner" clubs. I adjusted the difficulty back to "Pro", and won a few other challenges. I was then able to buy "Intermediate" Driver, woods & irons, adjust the sweetspot down to 31%, power up to where I could hit a 290 yard drive, and lofts up to where I could clear a few bunkers and attack a pin with a middle range iron. I put her away 2 and 1 when I played her with that setup.

I know I'd be complaining if it was any easier. Now that I've got intemediate clubs, and attributes up in the 8 to 9 range, I'm going back to Tour Pro for the Tournament Challenges... and yes, I'm "having fun"

# 71 OnlookerDelay @ 06/10/09 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexmarkjen
Back to building my guy; how in the heck is Onlooker putting without the meter so early on? Wow.
It just had to wean myself cold turkey off the meter. I played a long practice round at Firestone, where I concentrated on leaving myself all sorts of putts. I practiced them over and over, learning what a 75% putt not only looks, but feels like. After about an hour of heavy practice, I felt like I had enough of a background to go at it. I actually played better without the meter. Trying to watch it was destroying my rhythm and feel.

This is not to say that I still don't have embarrassing moments. In fact last night I 5-putted a green from 25 feet for a triple bogey at Torrey Pines. I also had a 4-putt in that same round. However, I made more 1 - putts than I would have made with the meter. I've yet to play a meterless round without at least one 4-putt green, but I was having at least one 4-putt green per round with it also. I just find that I'm missing fewer 4 to 8 foot putts since I've gone meterless.

Oh, one other thing... after I blow a putt well by the hole, I can feel what I did wrong, but it's always after the fact. I jives with the % power shown on the screen - after the putt. I'll eventually get better at gauging that. I like the learing curve as it stands, and probably would be disappointed if it were any easier.
[/quote]

# 72 OnlookerDelay @ 06/10/09 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVC0004
So I take it we can not use the tour pros again this year in the PGA Tour season mode and we have to use our created player?
I'll try that when I fire the game up here later this morning. It may be difficulty though since I already have my created player active in a Tour season (I've played two rounds anyway). My son has a profile, so I'll try to start a season with his and see if I'm able to do this. I have a feeling that it won't be possible though.

# 73 OnlookerDelay @ 06/10/09 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
My big question.. is the rubberband AI still present?
I can't fully answer this question yet, although appearances so far are that it won't be. I've only played two rounds of my first season event. I'm at -8, and I'm in 10th place, Kenny Perry is in the lead at -12. They seem to be playing their own game, independent of what I'm doing, although their scores - overall - are lower than what I would think they would be, but just slightly. I'll report back once I finish this tournament. I'll have it done by this afternoon.

# 74 Leebuchanan @ 06/10/09 08:20 AM
I'm loving it. I'd given up on TW because of the lack of difficulty. That's not a problem so far. I played the tourney at Pinehurst and shot 76-80-76-75. My skills are up to about 7.

Rubberband seems to be gone. Tiger won with all 64s and 65s. My only complaint so far is that it's still almost impossible to hit a drive out of the fairway. I think the only fairway I missed was one I drove through.

And the rain, my god the rain. I played the last two rounds in a downpour and putting was nearly impossibly slow. I could not get the ball to the hole.

Anyone figure out a rough formula for putting strength in the rain? I'm thinking it must be something like 2X, but it takes cajones to hit a 40-foot putt 80 feet. I"m not complaining. I'm glad the rain has a believable effect.

# 75 gdavis2570 @ 06/10/09 09:01 AM
How the comentary

# 76 daz @ 06/10/09 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdavis2570
How the comentary
I think the commentary is a bit weak. Sometimes it feels a little campy and over the top. I also am not real crazy about how the golfers react in big situations. I could do without the dancing and some of the "Get in your hole" comments. Is there a way to turn some of this off?
Other than that, I don't think I've purchased a TW game in 4-5 years. This game is flat out addicting, challenging and fun. I'm debating whether or not to pay to unlock the courses because I just don't see me ever being good enough to unlock everything. And of course, I have to be a glutton and start right off on Tour Pro difficulty.
Enough with the talking, must practice more.

# 77 kerosene31 @ 06/10/09 09:20 AM
Yeah the tour challenges are really tough this year. I don't see how I will ever get through them either.

# 78 mikemj23 @ 06/10/09 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
And, I looked at the weekly live tourney on tour pro mode and the leader had a -90 over four rounds. I guess live tourneys are out of the question for me again.
Are you serious? I was being pushed to pick this up after reading all of the positive thoughts and then this bomb is dropped!!!!

I think I may let the excitement die down for a bit and see what the thoughts are after people get through the honeymoon and play for a few weeks.

# 79 fishepa @ 06/10/09 09:56 AM
Well that's ridiculous.

# 80 Zalf @ 06/10/09 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemj23
Are you serious? I was being pushed to pick this up after reading all of the positive thoughts and then this bomb is dropped!!!!

I think I may let the excitement die down for a bit and see what the thoughts are after people get through the honeymoon and play for a few weeks.
I am not seeing the 80 under out there this morning. I wonder if EA found something funny going on and removed it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.