Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the new Madden NFL 10 blog.

Quote:
"Donny Moore here, designer for Madden NFL 10. If you've been following me on Twitter (donny_moore) you've likely noticed that I have been working on player ratings for the game, but what I've had to remain pretty tight-lipped on so far this year has been my involvement with Online Franchise. EA Sports president Peter Moore just recently announced this feature last week at the E3 press conference, and we knew going in that there would be all kinds of speculation and discussion over the feature among our fans. So this week we wanted to take the opportunity to answer some of the most common questions that we've been seeing from the community and from the gaming media. Not everyone has a 100% clear idea of what all is included in the mode, and we have also noticed that some folks have expressed frustration over missing features. With that being the case, we felt it imperative to explain a.) why we made the decisions that we did and b.) our plan for the future developing on this new platform. This feature is extremely important to me, especially as a die-hard Franchise guy (for those that don't know I worked on NFL Head Coach 09 along with fellow designer Josh Looman), so it has been an incredible experience to be a part of building a brand new Online Franchise experience - something totally new and different for the millions of Madden fans out there."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 MattIntellect @ 06/09/09 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I've been waiting all day for this.

# 2 DubTrey1 @ 06/09/09 04:52 PM
Thanks Ian.... a very welcomed bit of info bro -

# 3 T9R @ 06/09/09 04:54 PM
the honesty around what features aren't in is refreshing

# 4 Cusefan @ 06/09/09 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Thanks for the Info Ian, Any idea if you could squeeze in Salary cap for a patch?

# 5 Brandwin @ 06/09/09 04:56 PM
Hmm..

I guess you can look at online franchise as the NFL before the salary cap. You can stockpile your teams, guys only leave if you release trade or they retire.

I am bummed out that salary cap, contracts and trade logic is missing, they are huge, but it might be fun if we do a waiver wire type of system. It just might end up being a ton of work.

I might end up playing more of this offline then I wanted too.

Thanks for posting, Ian.

# 6 cowboyscowboys @ 06/09/09 04:59 PM
thanks for posting

# 7 Deegeezy @ 06/09/09 04:59 PM
Still waiting on that follow-up offline franchise blog that was promised.
That's where the bread & butter is at for most folks.

# 8 Brandwin @ 06/09/09 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
Kinda knew everything in that Q & A already... do appreciate the candidness though.

Be nice if they did the same thing for OFFline franchise.
Yes, that's what I need to know. I am still going to give online franchise a shot as t's better then what we had as far as online leagues with Madden, but it's still very disappointing, some major things in online franchise is missing.

Ian, if possible we would love to get something like this going for the offline franchise.

Thanks again,

# 9 I Peench @ 06/09/09 05:06 PM
Regarding salary cap, contracts, and trade logic...they say they might release a post based on community demand after release? WTF is that? Seriously...like there isn't enough community demand for that stuff now? Why not start working on that stuff asap?

# 10 Bgamer90 @ 06/09/09 05:06 PM
Disappointing to hear some of that stuff but people can set up workarounds and this is better than nothing. Here's to hoping that you guys can update it soon.

Alright... now I want to hear some info about offline franchise mode

# 11 kwpit79 @ 06/09/09 05:07 PM
Didn't notice Capnkill's question regarding what to do in the event of a disconnection. Who decides the winner? This happened a few times for me in '09 so I imagine it will still happen on ocassion in '10.

# 12 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/09/09 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Still waiting on that follow-up offline franchise blog that was promised.
That's where the bread & butter is at for most folks.
I agree with you bro. I want to see more about offline franchise mode. I feel that online this year in blogs have got more attention. I mean online franchise mode is going to be nice if you can get the right people to play and stick with the program. Filling a league of 32 people going to be very hard to do. Even if you do get 32 people. Trying to keep them playing it on a regular bases is going to be hard. I mean nice info you have given us Ian and thanks I ain't trying to complain. But some of us want more info on offline franchise mode as we was promised by Josh 4 months back in the first franchise blog.

# 13 Bgamer90 @ 06/09/09 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
Regarding salary cap, contracts, and trade logic...they say they might release a post based on community demand after release? WTF is that? Seriously...like there isn't enough community demand for that stuff now? Why not start working on that stuff asap?
They are probably spending a lot of time fixing the bugs in the game getting it ready to go gold.

# 14 CM Hooe @ 06/09/09 05:10 PM
Still disappointed that there is no salary cap and player contracts, and I hope it's one of the first things on the table to add to this feature.

That said, there are enough options available in the meantime to create the illusion that a salary cap of sorts is there using house rules, and the waiver wire option also is a nice feature. I'm glad that the Madden team had the foresight to include these options.

If I may ask though, Ian, I had a specific question that did not make the Q&A: my brother and I share one XBOX360 and both have our own gamer tags. In NCAA 09's online dynasty feature, my brother and I were able to play in the same dynasty, schedule games against each other, and play these games using only one XBOX360. Will we have this capability to have two users using the same console in online franchise?

Another question: it wasn't specifically mentioned in the blog, so I'll ask here: can we trade draft picks? If not, can the commissioner reassign draft picks to different teams to "fake" trading draft picks?

# 15 Droopy03 @ 06/09/09 05:11 PM
I know EA spent a lot of time on the online Franchise and is pround of the hard work they put in to get it at least in the game and I'm very proud that they got this in the game and I believe they are making big stirdes to make this a great game.

But can I hear more about the gameplay. You know the bugs that nobody likes that we seen from the videos from E3 that needs to be addressed?

# 16 knucklez @ 06/09/09 05:13 PM
I don't understand how you can make this mode without a salary cap and player contracts. That just makes it unplayable for me.

# 17 adembroski @ 06/09/09 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
They are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny Moore
. We are actively looking at a robust, live bidding free agent type feature for the future, but a lot depends on the priority you all (the fans) give us on each feature once you get your hands on online franchise.
Key word is Priority... if there's a game killer in gameplay, that'll take precedent. I'll be honest, based on what I've heard from EA , and based on PastaPadre's impressions, it doesn't sound like we'll see it there year.

# 18 Smoke316 @ 06/09/09 05:20 PM
well hopefully they can post some "EA Recommended" house rules for leagues as a way to work around not having a salary cap

# 19 KANE699 @ 06/09/09 05:25 PM
Quick question, we can edit player numbers, but can we edit player equipment?

# 20 MattIntellect @ 06/09/09 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
This really pissed me off. Have we not made it clear that Offline Franchise Mode WOULD be played for 10-30 seasons if you actually focused on it? Not trying to be an a-hole but this remark really poured salt in an annual $65 wound.
He's only going by statistics.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.