Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Hey guys... so we are aware of the issue with no (or few) freshmen on some teams in TeamBuilder and yes the same issues are found on the NCAA 10 disc. Over the past few days, one of our top priorities has been investigating solutions.

The TeamBuilder teams require some data on the disc to set Depth Charts for every team created before they can be used in a game. For example if you use the Cupcake roster as a starting point, NCAA 10 will give you a default Depth Chart for the Cupcakes for your TeamBuilder team (which you can edit in game). This means any changes we make could cause some problems with teams already created using TeamBuilder. So we need to ensure we are taking to proper steps to correct the issues.

We understand the concerns with how this can affect Dynasty mode and Online Games, so we are working hard to have a solution in place before launch on July 14th.

-Russ

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 GigemAGGIES13 @ 06/10/09 10:07 PM
And hopefully OMT is right about this being the wrong version of the rosters. There are a lot more mistakes besides the lack of frosh.

If this was what the roster guy turned in as a final product...Jesus, what convinced them to higher this person in the first place?

# 162 greenegt @ 06/10/09 10:09 PM
*Sigh*. At least they're working on something for release day.....That facepalm pic is perfect.

# 163 KANE699 @ 06/10/09 10:15 PM
Here's a nice, neat simple idea, put out a roster update ala madden and have it ready by release day?

Why couldn't this work?

# 164 Lava @ 06/10/09 10:18 PM
Apparently that would cause issues with TeamBuilder, Kane.

I can't think of any other reason that wouldn't work.

# 165 KANE699 @ 06/10/09 10:18 PM
And I can't see why that wouldn't work from here on out releasing one roster update once the season starts with proper transfers and proper freshman and everything else on the teams.

# 166 KANE699 @ 06/10/09 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
Apparently that would cause issues with TeamBuilder, Kane.

I can't think of any other reason that wouldn't work.
Man people with team builder can get screwed for all I care, this is an outrage that a bunch of people crappy teams would be kept sacrificing proper rosters.

# 167 tyler741 @ 06/10/09 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
And I can't see why that wouldn't work from here on out releasing one roster update once the season starts with proper transfers and proper freshman and everything else on the teams.
It would mess up the TeamBuilder pre-set teams..

How about they make it so TB rosters work off the default rosters, that way you could do updates throughout the season... OR, how about not being able to use pre-set teams at all...

# 168 Hey_Rebby @ 06/10/09 10:31 PM
I don't see how the Keller lawsuit has had any effect on the rosters. If that was the case, won't ALL the rosters be jacked up? There are some teams that are pretty accurate. It seems they would try scramble up the most marketable players, ala Tim Tebow, if this was a result of the lawsuit.

# 169 TheDirt @ 06/10/09 10:37 PM
My 2 cents:

I'm in software development, and bugs/oversights happen - that's why you hire testers.

The problem is that you can't really test for "correctness" in the NCAA roster - the roster is based on the intent of the roster creator. How does a tester know how many players should be on a team's roster? (It's really up to the roster creator, right?) Since so much of it is subjective, how much time should be allocated to testing this area? In my opinion it should be minimal.

Ultimately it's the responsibility of the person creating the rosters to verify that his stuff is in the final build. If Tiburon is like my place they'll have a release test prior to anything going out the door, and at that point the prospective final build is made and loaded on test boxes. If the roster file is actually one file, basically you only have to look for the last thing you touched - if it's there, you're probably okay.

My suggestion going forward - use the community. Post the complete roster file (text, spreadsheet, whatever) on OS (or anywhere) when you get to the final build stage. The maniacs here (and I use that term in the best way possible) will point out any glaring problems within a day. You might have to weed through the "he should be an 88 instead of an 85" stuff, but you'd find the big issues. (EA might frown upon this, don't know.)

Or just change TeamBuilder (a great idea, great implementation) into RosterBuilder. Let us create detailed, accurate rosters and you guys can create generic rosters to avoid any potential lawsuits. Less dev time on rosters (which can't be perfect in July anyway), more time on gameplay.

Anyways I feel Russ and Adam's pain. Good luck on a solution.

# 170 Rooneyeleven1 @ 06/10/09 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirt
My 2 cents:

I'm in software development, and bugs/oversights happen - that's why you hire testers.

The problem is that you can't really test for "correctness" in the NCAA roster - the roster is based on the intent of the roster creator. How does a tester know how many players should be on a team's roster? (It's really up to the roster creator, right?) Since so much of it is subjective, how much time should be allocated to testing this area? In my opinion it should be minimal.

Ultimately it's the responsibility of the person creating the rosters to verify that his stuff is in the final build. If Tiburon is like my place they'll have a release test prior to anything going out the door, and at that point the prospective final build is made and loaded on test boxes. If the roster file is actually one file, basically you only have to look for the last thing you touched - if it's there, you're probably okay.

My suggestion going forward - use the community. Post the complete roster file (text, spreadsheet, whatever) on OS (or anywhere) when you get to the final build stage. The maniacs here (and I use that term in the best way possible) will point out any glaring problems within a day. You might have to weed through the "he should be an 88 instead of an 85" stuff, but you'd find the big issues. (EA might frown upon this, don't know.)

Or just change TeamBuilder (a great idea, great implementation) into RosterBuilder. Let us create detailed, accurate rosters and you guys can create generic rosters to avoid any potential lawsuits. Less dev time on rosters (which can't be perfect in July anyway), more time on gameplay.

Anyways I feel Russ and Adam's pain. Good luck on a solution.

Great Post!

# 171 sportzbro @ 06/10/09 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirt
This is what I would like to see happen, but this solution, once again, would be like admitting the NCAA team is incompetent of doing it themselves..Which is obvious anyway

Also I would want some type of discount off the game if I put in time to doing the rosters for them, and I don't see them doing that.

# 172 nikka @ 06/10/09 10:51 PM
*Teambuilder BETA* (Its just the beta) should be closed down so they can upload the correct roster file on to it and the game disc... problem solved.
people that created schools can recreate.. not a big deal at all, it's a freaking beta things will change.

The game disc rosters should be the MAINNNNN priority, it would be a total waste to ruin the game because an online application that 40% will not use.

50,000 created teams or 500,000+ unhappy customers?
Jobs are scarce now a days... do what's logical.

# 173 bamaCT12 @ 06/10/09 10:57 PM
While you guys are at it, please fix Alabama's facemasks. They're grey not white.

# 174 TheLegend3001 @ 06/10/09 10:57 PM
I have not read every post in this thread, but I do have a thought.
They came out and made a statement about the rosters. They really did not HAVE to. You may say that they did, but most of us would have bought the game anyways. But they made a statement and that is not good enough. They are working on a solution. We are going to make them go beck to the days when we got NO type of input on the game til right before launch. I don't mean that we cannot express out opinion, but damn, this is crazy. We should have just one post for all of the haters and call it THE ***** POST.

One more thing: I agree with the disappointment on the rosters, but think about it. They probably did not come right out with a statement for a reason. They said that they know that the rosters are lacking freshmen. Don't you think they already know that the other part of the rosters are a little screwy as well? But if they say what you want to hear which is "We know that we have people on here who already graduated and we're going to fix it". That would be stupid to say. Common sense will tell you that if they say this, then they are acknowledging the fact that they are using college players likeness, so they will not come right out and say that. But I think that they will fix it, but will not come right out and say it because of the lawsuit.

# 175 marcoyk @ 06/10/09 10:58 PM
This is absolutely amazing. Not only is this game looking horrible in my opinion (a copy of last year's game with teambuilder, windsocks, and (haha) SS!!!!!), but the rosters are horribly wrong. I cannot believe what the NCAA team is doing. ESPECIALLY in comparison to what the Madden team is doing. Unbelievable. My previous uncontrollable enthusiasm is turning into disgust.

# 176 gofresno @ 06/10/09 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
My previous uncontrollable enthusiasm is turning into disgust.
+1 unfortunately

# 177 sportzbro @ 06/10/09 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
My previous uncontrollable enthusiasm is turning into disgust.
Well put.. I mean I probably cant even get 5 accurate draft classes just from renting the game.

# 178 ebarws6 @ 06/10/09 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofresno
+1 unfortunately
Make that +2

# 179 Ziza9Noles94 @ 06/10/09 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Well put.. I mean I probably cant even get 5 accurate draft classes just from renting the game.
Why is that? Can't you just download accurate rosters from the Locker and then sim/play or whatever to get your rosters for draft classes?

# 180 jbdeuce @ 06/10/09 11:09 PM
I'm still speechless..... but I think everything will work out fine.

but one solution can't be pushing the game back because I'll just wait for Madden at that point.

In life....$h!t Happens! Shake it off and keep moving.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.