Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Check out the new NCAA Football 10 video, which features a bunch of new gameplay animations.

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 moylan1234 @ 06/11/09 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
we all should be happy that you can throw a pinpoint pass while either wrapped up or with heavy pressure in your face.
watched it twice and didn't see one pinpoint pass in those situations. all those passes were qb's just trying to get rid of it and not one was on the money. also, i just love the off target shotgun snaps it must be the former center in me cause i don't hear anyone else talking about that.

# 42 Gossennator @ 06/11/09 11:13 PM
I thought everything looked real solid except the sideline catches, just kind of choppy and unrealistic animations IMO.

# 43 KG @ 06/11/09 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
watched it twice and didn't see one pinpoint pass in those situations. all those passes were qb's just trying to get rid of it and not one was on the money. also, i just love the off target shotgun snaps it must be the former center in me cause i don't hear anyone else talking about that.
My bad...meant to say "can't".

i'll edit it.

# 44 J-Unit40 @ 06/11/09 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
disappointed.... no windsocks?

sideline catches like the ones in Madden, OL/DL looks better than '09(still needs work), love the WR/DB interactions, layered blending(QB can throw while being hit), shotgun hand-offs looks better(also got a look at the counter play from the shotgun), DL moves to the right thumb-stick, same for the QB avoidance controls, weather affecting WRs routes, wrap swats, improved gang-tackling(it's not the exact same 2-man animation anymore, and defenders can pile on the back of the ball carrier while another defender is in front), and over the shoulder catches. all good to me.
Yes Sir! I'm all excited again! Damn it feels good!

Oh, and you forgot the tackle breaking system that Madden 09 had. This video has me pumped up more than any of the previous ones.

EA, please get this roster thing remedied ASAP because that's the only thing holding a little of my excitement back right now. Anyway, I am locked and loaded for one month from now!

Edit: Sideline catches and immediate sprints up field are a little sketchy, but better than going out of bounds every single time. I'm still happy to see it though for the CPU's benefit.

# 45 moylan1234 @ 06/11/09 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
My bad...meant to say "can't".

i'll edit it.
oh got ya, right on.

hey gossennator you planning on making a BU team in teambuilder?

# 46 superjames1992 @ 06/11/09 11:31 PM
That video looks great!

The sideline catches were a bit sketchy, but everything else looked great. I can't wait to get my hands on this game!

And we finally saw WVU in a video! Jarrett Brown evaded a tackle and scrambled for a few yards (He's over 220 lbs., so that's not unrealistic at all). I hope he can do that some in real life.

# 47 Solidice @ 06/11/09 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Edit: Sideline catches and immediate sprints up field are a little sketchy, but better than going out of bounds every single time. I'm still happy to see it though for the CPU's benefit.
yeah, it looks like it was tuned for the slower gameplay of Madden. with the faster play from NCAA, it doesn't look right(on top of lack of momentum).

# 48 da ThRONe @ 06/11/09 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
yeah, it looks like it was tuned for the slower gameplay of Madden. with the faster play from NCAA, it doesn't look right(on top of lack of momentum).
Some of those over the shoulder catches were unnatural looking also.

# 49 AuburnAlumni @ 06/11/09 11:48 PM
very very nice vid. I'm loving the WR/DB jockeying for position, etc. I also LOVE the new directional DL controls. I'll be using those a bunch.

# 50 packers44 @ 06/11/09 11:51 PM
was it just me or was the WR/DB interactions only occcuring on the fly route? every single one they showed was on the streak... hopefully there is interaactions of other routes

# 51 KG @ 06/11/09 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Some of those over the shoulder catches were unnatural looking also.
I liked them for the most part. I didn't like the sideways flip animation the DB did on the 1st catch.

# 52 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/12/09 12:17 AM
Great video thanks.

# 53 GetYaWeigtUp @ 06/12/09 12:26 AM
1st thing I noticed was that the OL pass blocking was spectacular. I just dont get it with these people. They refuse to allow the DL to actually beat the OL off the LOS with a quick move or a power move. The only time I ever see a DL get to the QB is when he is totally unblocked.

Its getting to frustrating watching these videos lol! The animations look ok, nothing spectacular but def some improvements, so I like that. But why do you refuse to work on the DL? DE's are freaks in college and they dominate OTs more often then not in pass rush situations. I think this dev team is too concerned with watching the QBs have all day and all the big plays in college football. Its a joke imo! The biggest disappointment in gameplay from 09 is still in there in NCAA 10, someone please tell the gameplay guy he hasnt done his job this year and to please go back and work on what he forgot to fix, its pathetic!

*If congress can force the NCAA to fix the BCS, can they force EA to fix this game?

# 54 legendkiller5 @ 06/12/09 12:36 AM
I was impressed with the video...

...until I saw Mizzou's Derek Washington wearing a riddel robot helmet/facemask.

And then I became depressed again.

And then I saw Hardy Ricks wearing the same helmet/facemask.

And I became angry.

# 55 Striefer @ 06/12/09 12:42 AM
I could really care less about the small apparel details. The gameplay looks much better and will be much more fun this year.

# 56 marcoyk @ 06/12/09 12:47 AM
I was mostly impressed by the video and I viewed it as a HUGE improvement of what I've been seeing of NCAA 10 recently. But I'm not really taking it seriously because it isn't user gameplay footage. What I didn't like in the video was a defensive lineman being sucked into a blocking animation while the tackle had his back to the line of scrimmage... Also the sideline catches were ridiculous. This game is crying out for momentum.

# 57 GetYaWeigtUp @ 06/12/09 12:48 AM
How can you say that when the OL simply dominated every snap, AGAIN?

# 58 legendkiller5 @ 06/12/09 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striefer
I could really care less about the small apparel details. The gameplay looks much better and will be much more fun this year.

# 59 stylee @ 06/12/09 12:54 AM
Some of it looks great.
I like the wrap swats especially.

# 60 Potatoes002 @ 06/12/09 01:30 AM
Wait a minute... I thought Hawaii had the 07 jerseys in the game last year? Because in the ncaa 09 video in the sideline catch part it showed them in the 08 jerseys... I could be wrong and they were actually in their last year though...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.