Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Just posted another NCAA Football 10 video. This shows off some late game AI.

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 J-Unit40 @ 06/13/09 11:38 AM
Thanks Steve. I'm looking forward to watching.

You're killing me with these videos this morning. I'm at work (waiting) so I can only view on the Treo.

# 2 SHO @ 06/13/09 11:45 AM
Still no pass rush.

# 3 jfsolo @ 06/13/09 11:46 AM
I was impressed with the AI's late game management, right up until the dreaded "Pick 6 Code" reared its ugly head.

# 4 J-Unit40 @ 06/13/09 11:49 AM
^ Pick 6 code.

Noooooooooooooo! Please do not tell me this will be NCAA Pick 6 Football 10. This is the one area of the game that pisses me off more than any other. Every incompletion is an INT and every other INT is returned for a freaking TD. Terrible if this is in NCAA 10.

# 5 dkrause1971 @ 06/13/09 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I was impressed with the AI's late game management, right up until the dreaded "Pick 6 Code" reared its ugly head.
I am with you- Miami QB 6/8 with one of those a pick 6. I just am not sure on this game. Might be more fun head to head than vs the CPU, more than normal at least but better than 09.

# 6 dkrause1971 @ 06/13/09 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
^ Pick 6 code.

Noooooooooooooo! Please do not tell me this will be NCAA Pick 6 Football 10. This is the one area of the game that pisses me off more than any other. Every incompletion is an INT and every other INT is returned for a freaking TD. Terrible if this is in NCAA 10.
I have watch 4 videos now- i have seen 3 incompletions (not picks) and 2 picks with 13 completions for the AI.

# 7 rudyjuly2 @ 06/13/09 11:55 AM
I love how Tebow went down the field on his first two throws. The first one actually had the WR slightly open but Tebow misfired. Haven't seen a lot of inaccurate passes so far but I'm fairly confident we can tune that with the QB accuracy slider.

The long run animations seem better. Maybe they got rid of in play fatigue since the players don't have that dumb choppy step animation anymore.

A bit of a red flag now though as this is two straight videos Steve has posted with the cpu QB throwing a pick in the red zone. This has been a problem the last couple years and I know Miami's QB is young so maybe I'll just accept this. Plus Florida's defense is extremely good but it does concern me a little.

Some some nice pressure at times - the blitz up the middle with the impact LB and I do seem some movement by the DE with the OT. They aren't just standing there hand fighting. The QB still seems reluctant to take off and run when there is an opening. Second video to show that as well. Might have to knock down pass blocking from what we've seen so far. I wish we could play with sliders for the demo.

# 8 J-Unit40 @ 06/13/09 11:59 AM
^ I believe you dkrause. Which is just total BS. We've had developers come in here saying "You will see overthrows, underthrows, balls hitting the ground, etc. this year". Instead, we're still seeing the same garbage in the passing game that we saw in '09. Not happy. I just hope the sliders are very powerful.

# 9 rudyjuly2 @ 06/13/09 12:01 PM
Russ did confirm they tuned the sliders. I can only hope they are a lot more powerful than last year. We might have to knock down the INT slider as well.

I know some guys don't like seeing DBs drop passes but Tony Dungy told Rod Woodson at Pittsburgh (when Dungy was the DB coach) that he would lead the league in INTs if he didn't drop any. Will Allen of Miami is notorious for dropping a ton of potential INTs. DBs often have terrible hands.

# 10 rhombic21 @ 06/13/09 12:10 PM
The AI QBs in these videos seem really accurate. Don't know if it's because the games are being played on Heisman default or what, but I still see a lot of the "every pass hits somebody (either an offensive player or defensive player) in the hands." Seems like almost everything is either caught or intercepted (or occasionally batted down). Still don't see any of the "harmless" incomplete passes that are completely uncatchable.

# 11 Dame @ 06/13/09 12:12 PM
I liked the video

wasnt concern about the pass rush because every pass was a quick pass.

Wasnt concern about the accuracy because Florida was in Prevent

Wasnt concern about the pick 6 because the Miami WR was still in the picture he just wasnt as fast as the Florida d back(this is the only video i saw with it so my concern is not high)

# 12 SHO @ 06/13/09 12:13 PM
Watching these videos kind of gets me excited and then I am quickly reminded why I stopped playing in the first place.

# 13 jfsolo @ 06/13/09 12:18 PM
I would like to see some more User vs CPU games. I sometimes wonder if the AI vs AI games are "scripted" to produce a dramatic outcome.

I went back and watched that last pick thrown by the Miami QB, and out of the 4 targets he had to throw to, he picked the one who was most covered and threw a ball that guaranteed failure.

That same throw to the WR on the right probably produces a touchdown, but its seems that he was going to throw to that covered receiver no matter what.

# 14 Mighty Hughes @ 06/13/09 12:23 PM
If the sliders work we can have some fun with this game

# 15 rudyjuly2 @ 06/13/09 12:24 PM
I think Florida was playing a zone and the zone defender jumped in front of the pass. I wonder if the defense will be balanced in terms of man to man vs. zone.

# 16 J-Unit40 @ 06/13/09 12:30 PM
^ I'm like you MacPlex with the equipment details, facemasks and helmet in particular. However, the uniform mix and match addition is wonderful. I've always wanted that.

For Florida and other teams that wear the Revo (Harvin) facemask, I end up editing all players to wear the DNA 4 or 5. Can't remember which one it was in '09, but it was the closest thing to it.

# 17 GigemAGGIES13 @ 06/13/09 12:43 PM
I had to laugh at that UF lineman pumping up the crowd on the wrong side of the ball...almost got called for offsides. And Herbstreit getting on the CPU for running that INT back. That's great!

The CPUs were nailing their receivers in that clip, but it was a 6-6 game prior to that. I'm really not all that worried, most of the community guys have said that the passing game and pass rush have been improved (from what they've seen).

# 18 marcoyk @ 06/13/09 12:44 PM
I liked the over-the-shoulder catch for a big gain and what I thought looked like a realistic lob pass. But EWWWW!!!!! about those splashes! Those looked atrocious.

# 19 Rocky @ 06/13/09 12:49 PM
In all of the videos, I have seen only 5 incomplete passes. 3 of those 5 were interceptions.

Besides that, the game looks mediocre but definately playable. There just needs to be serious slider work to get the QB accuracy down/pass rush up.

# 20 ActLikeYouCrow @ 06/13/09 01:11 PM
also early in miami's last drive they took two timeouts after getting first downs instead of saving them for a more dire situation or after they got further down field. maybe theyre emulating miami's terrible clock management from the bowl game, but thats not ideal for every team on the game.

the pick 6's will continue to happen because of the unrealistic momentum on the game. personally i think major wright is too fast on the game, but regardless as high as he had to catch that ball and it being in the rain theres no way travis benjamin doesnt immediately get to him even if he's fatigued. i would assume him not being run down had to due with benjamin being fatigued

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.