Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Just wanted to capture some of the things I've noticed OS'ers complaining about, in the recent videos of NCAA Football 10. D'line pressure and QB accuracy being the main thing.

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 countryboy @ 06/14/09 12:45 PM
Thanks for the video Steve!!!

Liked the look of the pocket forming and liked the errant throws where the QB was under no pressure whatsoever.

Come on July!!!!

# 2 Hova57 @ 06/14/09 12:48 PM
looks like you can finally float ball everything isn't a bullet pass

# 3 VilleCity101 @ 06/14/09 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Just wanted to capture some of the things I've noticed OS'ers complaining about, in the recent videos of NCAA Football 10. D'line pressure and QB accuracy being the main thing.
I'm liking what i see from these vids contrary to what EVERYBODY else is saying but all i have is one question Steve.Do you know if the ps3 version is in 1080i i know some don't care but i do.And if you don't know could you get that info it would be GREATLY appreciated.P.S.could we get some ps3 version vids thanks

# 4 Steve_OS @ 06/14/09 12:52 PM
Fixed CB

# 5 countryboy @ 06/14/09 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Fixed CB

# 6 Happyvally74 @ 06/14/09 12:57 PM
Appreciate the vids Steve. First play the Tulane DE blows by LSU's OT, OG, and HB for the sack

# 7 SHO @ 06/14/09 12:58 PM
Looked more like ineptitude of the O-Line than it does the defense actually getting pressure.

# 8 dkrause1971 @ 06/14/09 01:02 PM
So two passes hit the ground out of all those crappy passes and pressure? not really seeing how QB accuracy complains are solved there. Plus, we have video after video of completed passes and picks.

LSU did get decent pressure- that was nice at least- although it seemed Tulane pressured LSU quite well also. One of the pressures shown was at minimum 5-6 seconds. I am not trying to hate, i actually am trying to find a reason to buy the game.

# 9 hawkeyekid @ 06/14/09 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
Looked more like bad blocking on that play, but that's OK -- linemen do whiff on blocks and QBs pay the price.
Yes, considering the guard was trying to block the outside rusher and the RB was mario running behind him.

# 10 rudyjuly2 @ 06/14/09 01:14 PM
Everyone is overanalyzing a little bit based on a handful of plays. People were saying they weren't seeing a pass rush or errant throws. Steve showed some. It means they exist. It doesn't mean they happen at the rate we might want but here were some examples. When the demo hits we can see for ourselves.

In the first minute in this Bama-VT game, you see a pass rush (massive blitz 45 seconds) and an errant throw (30 seconds). Small sample sizes like this won't give us the whole picture until we actually play the game.

# 11 jyoung @ 06/14/09 01:14 PM
That first play is atrocious.

Three players had a chance to make a block on the Tulane DE and they all just stood there and let him run by untouched to the QB.

# 12 dkrause1971 @ 06/14/09 01:16 PM
Quote:
Maybe.

But I never saw two crappy passes like that in a single game of NCAA 09 (matter of fact, I probably never saw two crappy passes like that in an entire season of NCAA 09).

Ditto for the pass rush.
They added the throwing while in the sack animation this year- so some of those are new. The throwing offline pick i saw at times last year. Also, remember this is the Tulane QB. I just want to see more incompletions that are not picks in the game videos. The pass rush looked better here but still seemed more the jailbreak kind. Like when the RT, RG, and RB all whiffed on that DE of Tulane.

# 13 dkrause1971 @ 06/14/09 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Everyone is overanalyzing a little bit based on a handful of plays. People were saying they weren't seeing a pass rush or errant throws. Steve showed some. It means they exist. It doesn't mean they happen at the rate we might want but here were some examples. When the demo hits we can see for ourselves.

In the first minute in this Bama-VT game, you see a pass rush (massive blitz 45 seconds) and an errant throw (30 seconds). Small sample sizes like this won't give us the whole picture until we actually play the game

The thing is we are seeing video after video of high completion, most the incompletions are picks videos. Even in this highlight video of QB pressure. While i certain agree that the CPU will now and then throw one in the dirt, is that really the point? That now and then they do it?

# 14 GigemAGGIES13 @ 06/14/09 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
That first play is atrocious.

Three players had a chance to make a block on the Tulane DE and they all just stood there and let him run by untouched to the QB.
It looked more like a collision detection problem. All those players somehow got caught on each other and couldn't block the DE.

# 15 rhombic21 @ 06/14/09 01:26 PM
These videos are interesting, but I would have rather seen them in the game context. The issue isn't so much whether pressure NEVER happens, or whether inaccurate throws NEVER happen, but whether they happen a realistic amount of the time. Also, on the replay modes, there's no real way to know which team, if any, was being user controlled.

# 16 WolverinesFinest @ 06/14/09 01:33 PM
Quote:
You guys are a tough crowd.

Just like you, I want the best game possible. But the reality is these videos ARE showing D-line pressure and incomplete passes.

That's an improvement, isn't it?
+1

# 17 Tovarich @ 06/14/09 01:41 PM
The play with the interception bothers me. All the Tulane WR has to do it stick his arm out and he either knocks the ball away, or deflects it up or catches it. The safety from his angle shouldn't have thought the ball would get by the WR when it was that close to him, and his reaction time in changing direction to pick it off seems awfully fast. The play where the Tulane QB gets hit and it wobbles...it is still a completion. That means if he didn't get hit, he would've had to have missed really really badly.

And that first play where 3 guys run into eachother on the OL...that doesn't encourage me that line pressure is better...it means the OL screened eachother from making a block. Surely pressure can be gotten without that having to happen to get it.

# 18 XMr HIT STICKX @ 06/14/09 01:42 PM
I thought Utopia had a tough crowd. OS takes the cake lol. But, with the demo "more-than-likely" coming out this thursday, I'll see for myself.

# 19 dkrause1971 @ 06/14/09 02:02 PM
Quote:
You guys are a tough crowd.

Just like you, I want the best game possible. But the reality is these videos ARE showing D-line pressure and incomplete passes.

That's an improvement, isn't it?
To some degree. I would get plenty of sacks on 09. Consistent pressure by the more talented D-Line is a different thing.

Like last year, appeared Tulane could generate as much pressure as LSU. Only two passes are truly inaccurate and one was picked, both were by Tulane which isn't the cailbur of QB most will use and most of all this is video made to show pressure. I saw some inaccurate passes last year.

Right now i feel the QB play is the same just the Defense is somewhat better.

I guess in the end- you see what you want- if your excited about the game you go- well i saw some pressure and some incompletions, iam more sold.

If your not sold, then these videos so some really nice things (better pursuit, some cpu deep passes, etc) and some things that scream out alot of the same of 09.

If you just hate the game- then really you shouldn't be here now. You have seen the videos, thats the game. Its time to leave.

# 20 marcoyk @ 06/14/09 02:23 PM
EWW. The first play was soooo bad. That isn't the pressure we want at all. There was one good one though when the end made it through the line (with actual moves - I know that sounds weird: moves to shed blockes? I thought it was more realistic to sprint around and hope no one blocked you...). But that one was actually a good example of getting pressure on the QB. Another thing, I got a little uneasy seeing a ball hit the ground without being touched by anyone... not used to seeing that in NCAA!! I would love if there were many more of those instead of just catches, INT's, and drops by both sides of the ball. Thanks for the video.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.